Scooter
Community

The National Scooter Rally 2016 (for all scooters)

Last post 04-26-2016 03:54 PM by SharonVespaGirl. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2015 03:17 PM

The National Scooter Rally 2016 (for all scooters)

OK, here's some news. I am in the very early stages of planning the 2016 rally.

At the moment I am looking at the Berri/Renmark area of South Australia. It is near to the borders with Vic and NSW. Are any of you familiar with the roads in this region?

I'd like to have it happen some time in February 2016. I will be needing some sponsors for our awards, so any suggestions and contacts are welcome.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 04-29-2015 05:28 PM In reply to

Re: The National Scooter Rally 2016 (for all scooters)

For the latest developments, go to the National Scooter Rally's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/143172855715495/

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 04-29-2015 07:04 PM In reply to

Devil Not on facebook and no intention of joining so no information for me Stick out tongue

• 04-30-2015 07:30 AM In reply to

Goodonya Sharon, I am saving my pennies already.Wink

Carpe Diem
  • 04-30-2015 08:10 AM In reply to

I'll be posting updates on here so everyone can get the info.

First update: the date has been revised to early April 2016. This is to avoid the very hot weather in that area in Feb and also March. No later than April should mean that the weather for interstate travellers would still be OK.

• 04-30-2015 10:43 AM In reply to

Sharon --You better watch out that you dont clash with Easter or Anzac Day

riding for fun
  • 04-30-2015 10:47 AM In reply to

2016 Easter will be the last weekend in March . That stretch of road Renmark to Mildura last month should have got an award for most idiots on a 130 km piece of road Angel excluding me of cause . Also remember the fruit fly exclusion zone going in to Renmark get you fruit & veges there

• 05-01-2015 10:44 AM In reply to

Rod Fountain:

Sharon --You better watch out that you dont clash with Easter or Anzac Day

Hi Rod, I'll be picking a date between Easter and the start of the S.A. school holidays on the 11th of April. I just need to check what else is happening in the region around then to avoid major clashes, so that accommodation won't be a problem for us.

• 05-01-2015 12:13 PM In reply to

Sharon --as you know ,having been through the mill on trying to set one up ,I just thought I better remind you --but I should have remembered that you are an organised chick and no reminder should have been necessary .A couple of our members are already talking about going --Good luck

riding for fun
  • 06-11-2015 04:13 PM In reply to

Here are the dates: Fri 1st - Sat 2nd - Sun 3rd April 2016.

Easter is the weekend before, and I've checked all the 2016 school holidays - SA starts on the 16th April, ACT/NSW/TAS/WA on the 9th, NT on the 2nd, QLD/VIC 25th March. So pencil it in toi next year's diary! Smile

I'm currently tossing up which town to base the rally and where to have the Show & Shine, although I've got one rideout pretty much sorted.

I've also been thinking about Show & Shine categories. Here's three I'd like to start with: Best Geared Scooter, Best Auto Scooter, and Best Scooter 30 Years Old & Over. I'd like to attract a decent contingent of vintage scooters, but hopefully also some of the 1980s wave of crazy looking Japanese autos.

I'll be looking for sponsors for these and other awards yet to be settled upon

• 07-21-2015 06:40 AM In reply to

Hi Sharon, could you tell me if those dates are confirmed please??

Carpe Diem
  • 07-21-2015 07:42 AM In reply to

Hi Major, at this stage the dates are intended but not yet confirmed. I need to check with the locations I want to use. Hopefully I will be able to confirm the dates in the next month or so, as well as the accommodation base. Will keep you posted! Smile

• 08-07-2015 05:51 PM In reply to

I have updated the website with all the info to hand at this stage. Keep an eye on it for further updates: http://nationalscooterrally.org.au/

• 12-11-2015 05:35 PM In reply to

Hello folks, things are moving along. The dates are definitely 1st, 2nd and 3rd April. There will be events happening on each of those days, including rideouts, two evenings at the Renmark Hotel, the show and shine and more.

I am currently sorting out some sponsors - at present, I have confirmed Sydney's SS Scooter Engineering (http://www.scooterengineering.com) and Melbourne's Vespa House (http://www.vespa-house.com.au/). Many thanks to them both for their continued support of the National Scooter Rally. I have other sponsors also in the pipeline.

Coming in the new year, I will be able to settle on a price for tickets AKA rally packs, and they will be on sale! In the meantime, here is the logo:

• 12-11-2015 06:52 PM In reply to

Roll on April. I say

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au