Scooter
Community

Adjusting idle speed on 250 Piaggio xevo

Last post 05-28-2015 09:51 AM by wombat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2015 06:34 PM

• didediedide
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-02-2013
    • Cameron Park Newcastle
    • Posts 43

Adjusting idle speed on 250 Piaggio xevo

GDay all , could any one help me with info on how to increase the idle speed on a 250 quasar engine . I would like to bump it up about 100 or so revs . Thanks in advance Paul

• 05-26-2015 07:22 PM In reply to

Re: Adjusting idle speed on 250 Piaggio xevo

Fuel injected so don't think you can maybe a piaggio agent can plug into the ECU and adjust it . Or maybe get a Power Commander and remap the scooter yourself . Just a thought why do you want to alter the idle speed if the scooter is stalling or something then a probe or sensor will need replacing . Piaggio agent again will be able to read the ECU and clear and repair any fault showing Sad

• 05-27-2015 04:07 PM In reply to

• didediedide
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-02-2013
    • Cameron Park Newcastle
    • Posts 43

Thanks for the reply Pyrah, Yea i thought it wasnt as simple as adjusting a throttle stop screw, in fact an "expert"

(the head mechanic at a dealership who should remain nameless ) adjusted a screw on the top of the throttle body as he said that was how you adjusted the idle speed , it did, but it ran like a hairy goat afterwards.  It took me ages to get it back to or at least close to,  the original position, very minor turns of the screw made big changes.I believe the screw is set in the factory and should never be touched

The reason I would like to increase the idle speed slightly is to eliminate a rattle from the clutch drive area . Using the throttle twist grip to increase the revs from aprox 1850 at idle to aprox 1950 eliminates the noise , it sounds like backlash in the drive area.

Thanks for the interest ,has any one else any ideas Regards Paul

• 05-28-2015 09:51 AM In reply to

I've only adjusted idle via a throttle stop screw. He's fiddled with the Air/Fuel mixtures if it's a screw on the TB.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au