Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Rego confusion

Last post 06-18-2015 08:41 AM by pommy paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2015 08:06 PM

Rego confusion

Can't find this scenario on the Qld transport Web site.

I want to buy a nsw bike (cockroach) and it's registered. I want to bring it to Qld and register it here in my name.

How the heck does it all work???

Any ideas?

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 06-15-2015 08:46 PM In reply to

Re: Rego confusion

Found this which was basically the same as what i did when i moved up to QLD (Home Hill) for a couple of years

If your vehicle is currently registered in another state or territory and the number plate/s are attached, you have 14 days to register your vehicle in Queensland and may be fined if you don’t. This will allow you time to get a safety certificate and then register your vehicle at a transport and motoring customer service centre. If you live in a rural area you can visit a QGAP officeMagistrates Court or local police station that provides vehicle registration services—please call to confirm before visiting.

• 06-15-2015 09:36 PM In reply to

Sounds like you can ride it home and get it all fixed up when you get back. I got a bike from NSW to VIC, but it didn't have a current rego, so I didn't have time constraints, but it needed a Roadworthy and it needed to be inspected by Vicroads before they'd give me Vic rego for it.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 06-18-2015 08:41 AM In reply to

You can legally ride it home but you have 14 days to do a QLD rwc and transfer into your name

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au