Scooter
Community

Moving to the darkside of the force

Last post 07-30-2015 08:08 AM by jshowyin. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2015 08:35 PM

Moving to the darkside of the force

Well brothers and sisters in scoot. It's been a long and enjoyable apprenticeship, nearly 6 years and two great scooters owned, the mighty Honda Lead 100 and the Spanish Dancer. But it's time to move over to the world of the motorbike. I've just paid for a lovely yellow 2005 Suzuki SV650 NUDIST with less than 20k, complete with Yoshi Rs3 noise improver and the all important twin black stripes giving me motivation to name him bumblebee. 

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 06-29-2015 09:32 PM In reply to

Re: Moving to the darkside of the force

Wink Darkside don't you mean enlightened Stick out tongue

• 06-29-2015 09:35 PM In reply to

Congrats,lovely bikes with a very nice exhaust note, enjoy the tunes you can play using the gearbox.
    I think you may miss the practicalities of scooter storage soon.
    Hope you and Bumblebee enjoying strafing oops! I mean buzzing the coast and hinterland.

• 07-01-2015 06:59 PM In reply to

You are gunna love the SV....they are a great little bike.... Big Smile

....lets have another drink...
  • 07-02-2015 10:47 AM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

One would hope that you do not intend moving all the way there, as the term "darksiding" is understood in the US-dominated terminology of motorcycling?

There is a such of cadre of riders that the tyre industry has been forced to issue a warning bulletin.

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 07-06-2015 03:51 PM In reply to

SV650..... LAMS approved or the R Class one??   I did a few lessons on the R Class one.   Fantastic bike with plenty of go.   I'm a little leggy though so felt a little odd as knees didn't fit nicely into the knee indents.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 07-10-2015 08:14 PM In reply to

R class one and it goes very well!  I'm six feet two inches tall and find it quite easy to ride.

Boy it's got some bottom end.

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 07-30-2015 08:08 AM In reply to

How is the Bumblebee going, leady? You fully recovered now? Do you ever see the new owner riding the Spanish Dancer around?

Back in the 90s when I first started being interested in m.bikes three bikes ended up on my dream list (keeping in mind at that time I had never sat nor ridden a m.bike) - a Honda VFR, a Triumph Speed Trip and the SV650.

Got to realise one of those dreams at the end of last year. A friend of mine who has multiple m.bikes let me borrow his SV650 for a couple weeks. A good step up in oomph from the GP1, more than enough useable power, wrapped in a smallish size/weight package.  I enjoyed getting more seat time on a geared bike. The SV650 remains on my short list of bikes I would realistically consider owning sometime in the future.

Hope yours brings many miles of fun and reliable commuting.

Ride safe.
    _________

Riding: Doc, a 2009 Derbi GP1 250
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au