Scooter
Community

Daelim S1 - what part of the scooter is this?

Last post 09-13-2015 06:32 PM by eviladrian. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2015 02:35 PM

Daelim S1 - what part of the scooter is this?

I recently have had no issues with my Daelim S1 2011 model until the other day when i rode it home from work. I wasnt able to work out if this has been tampered with by someone off the street or the part has been blown off. By looking at the attachment what part should be screwed on here? The area of the scooter where this photo has been taken is under the seat and just behind where my legs are is blowing out oil or gasoline.

What could be the cause here? I havent started the bike since that day. Clearly, Im no scooter expert just a rider. Any help to a novice would be appreciated.

thanks

• 07-18-2015 05:49 PM In reply to

Re: Daelim S1 - what part of the scooter is this?

Believe thats the access panel to get at the spark plug

• 07-19-2015 11:48 AM In reply to

ok but what is meant to be screwed on here? 

• 07-19-2015 06:14 PM In reply to

Some *** as pinched the spark plug it's an NGK CR8EH-9 cost around $5 is the plug lead and plug cap still there Sad

Something like this should be still under the cover to connect the spark plug to otherwise they have been nicked too

• 07-20-2015 10:38 PM In reply to

Please see the picture attached. I dont think this issue is with the spark plug. I removed the outside skirting and took a closer look and im curious to know what is meant to be screwed on here? spark plug is intact when looking at the picture on the left.

• 07-21-2015 01:21 AM In reply to

Yep you are right the spark plug is down to the left from what i can gather should be just a plug/bolt in the hole you are indicating

• 07-22-2015 11:07 AM In reply to

So what is meant to be here?? Oil plug or what is it that someone or something has unscrewed this??

• 07-22-2015 01:46 PM In reply to

Think oil plug and someone must have needed it more than you Stick out tongue

• 09-13-2015 06:32 PM In reply to

Yep, it's the plug for the oil filler.  Try a Daelim dealer or maybe ring the importer (is it Mojo now?).

You definitely want to have something covering that hole or there'll be oil coming out and dripping on the hot bits of the motor!  If you absolutely have to ride without it then at least stick some gaffer tape over it or something Wink

First: Daelim S1 125
    Then: Honda PCX 150
    Now: Honda CTX 700
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au