Scooter
Community

Motorbike gear Specials

Last post 08-12-2015 11:48 AM by gaz. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2015 10:43 AM

Motorbike gear Specials

Aldi motorbike specials I am told are on again this coming Saturday --Helmets Boots Gloves etc

riding for fun
  • 08-03-2015 12:41 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Re: Motorbike gear Specials

Thanks for the heads up. Yes

I'm very happy with the helmet I bought over 6 months ago.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/motorcycle-sat-8-aug/

I hope to get, boots, backpack & gloves, this time Yes

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 08-04-2015 08:03 AM In reply to

I've got one of the helmets from last year,bought as a stop gap because my old one was due replacement.
    Quite happy with it,of course I haven't bounced it off anything either.
    I have a pair of the textile pants from several years ago,I'm very happy with as well.
    Bought the wife a textile jacket a few years ago as wel,l that seems to be very good value,

• 08-04-2015 06:27 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Very happy with the gloves which I've had for years,better than my other $100.00 pair.

• 08-04-2015 08:30 PM In reply to

I'm going in for the back pack 

Just bought a whole Shark ensemble pants boots and jacket got it for a song so all good.

Might look at the jeans.

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 08-06-2015 01:29 PM In reply to

I do like that many of the items are "Waterproof to 10,000mm"..may just have to use them next time I go snorkeling...

Brand New and very Shiny Maxsym 400

2004 Gilera VXR200
  • 08-08-2015 10:11 AM In reply to

My 2 cents worth......I found the sox good, I thought the Kevlar jeans were fine until someone posted a review on this board abt cheap kevlar jeans.....It certainly was food for thought ! Also , when I compare the quality and amount of |Kevlar to my RJ ones, the comparison is not good.

Re motor bike pants at abt $100, last year they had a few left overs at my Aldi for $50...quality was excellent , reflective, padded, adjustable waist. Unfortunately, at 193cm tall,XXL  length was just a little short. Sold 'em to a very happy camper on ebay.

FYI, if U see a lot of one item still available late today, you may find it on special next week.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 08-08-2015 07:16 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Had a look at the full face helmets,seemed good value if you've got a $79.99 head as came with spare visor,spare insert liner & a drop down sun visor but didn't like the clip on the strap to strap it on,thought it flimsy & also thought periphal vision wasn't good but yep liked the socks too & bought them.

• 08-10-2015 09:20 PM In reply to

Brought the bag, a good thing too but I also bought the more expensive pair of jeans and they have a lot of material in them and lots of removable padding too.

We'll see how they last and hopefully not how well they save my ***! 

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 08-10-2015 09:29 PM In reply to

That's interesting, LR.I think that my dodgy ones may be the cheaper ones...nothing removable there.

I will go back and check out the more expensive ones.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 08-11-2015 12:59 PM In reply to

OK LR, I took your info and bought a pair today....now I gotta figure out where to get padding for those interior side pockets.

happy with this good purchase.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 08-11-2015 06:44 PM In reply to

gaz:
    Had a look at the full face helmets,seemed good value if you've got a $79.99 head as came with spare visor,spare insert liner & a drop down sun visor.....

Yep the helmet was a fail for me too....couldn't get the arms of my glasses to pass the chin pads.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 08-11-2015 08:43 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Most of the Aldi bike gear is pretty good but i did buy their jeans once & the stitching started to give way within one days use , took them back & got another pair which did the same so unless they have improved them i'd be wary of the jeans !

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 08-11-2015 08:44 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Hehe , a$79.99 head would actually be quite upmarket for some bods 😀

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 08-12-2015 11:48 AM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Must have been very bad luck with the jeans.One pair I've had for a few years & still good,the other I bought last year on knock-down special of $40.00 with pockets in the knees for pads & no problem so far,both very comfortable but of course neither have the kevlar coverage of the more expensive pairs.

bradr:

Most of the Aldi bike gear is pretty good but i did buy their jeans once & the stitching started to give way within one days use , took them back & got another pair which did the same so unless they have improved them i'd be wary of the jeans !

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au