Scooter
Community

little Burgman

Last post 04-13-2016 07:24 PM by pyrah. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2016 11:53 PM

little Burgman

Hi all

I wish I understood Bike engines much better I've been trying to find out how suzuki has managed to get the amount of power that they have out of the Burgmans 200cc. 

I mean thats a small engine and everytime I read the review  I just wonder how. ?

It has to be more than just fuel injection because lots of scooters have that these days.

I read alot of the write ups but noone has actually said how they did it. Actually alot of them even say they can't believe where the little engine gets its bite.

• 01-04-2016 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: little Burgman

Theres no doubt that the Burger 200 has plenty of get up and go .One of our members has one and he easily rides all the roads and freeways as easily as other maxis

Besides he has storage under the seat to outpace any other scooter I have seen --its enormous

Maybe they have a secret l pedalling system built in -- They should namre it the Burgman  Bandit  for its fast getaways

riding for fun
  • 01-07-2016 01:26 PM In reply to

Hi Rod

Are you still thinking about getting a 200. ?

It will have to be one hell of a scooter to trade the 400 as I think the 400 is one of the

very best Scooters on the market.

• 01-07-2016 01:58 PM In reply to

Thinking yes --acting no unless the stockmarket does a dramatic turn around

Yes the 400 is an ideal scooter but it has more than I need and the 200 would probably do all that I need these days

Im noty planning on any trips more than 300klms

riding for fun
  • 01-08-2016 09:02 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

The better question would be why other 200cc scooters do not have as much power as the Suzuki?

One thing that should be obvious is most scooter engines are massively de tuned to improve the engine durability and reliability. Because ordinary scooters don't need lots of power, the engines are not optimised to flow more air in the heads or transfer lots of heat from the engine. So most scooter engines are very basic and do the job.

Then someone like Suziki spends some money designing and developing a better more powerful engine that will be reliable because it will use better materials etc. and the reality of how basic other scooters are becomes obvious.

Remember sports bikes are getting 150 horspower per liter, our old scooters would be lucky to do 60 horspower per liter so a company like Suzuki should be able to get 15 or 20 horspower from 200cc without too much compromise.

Look at 2000kg cars driving happily with 2 liter engines and its easy to see the future of small scooter engines increasing in power.

With scooters, more powerful engines with better transmissions and better electronic engine controls will mean we will pay a bit more in the future and get vastly better scooters for our dollars.

And eventually the Chinese will follow the other brands into making better products.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 01-23-2016 08:48 PM In reply to

Devil I don't believe the hype think will be too slow for much out of town work most reports i read think 70 MPH is around the best it will do . Then add heavy rider headwind or hills and see how good it is Stick out tongue

• 04-11-2016 09:45 PM In reply to

Yep but these days there's nowhere you can go faster than 70mph anyway

Even if you slow to 60 Or 55 up a Hill someone will still slow you up

The way our roads in NSW are can't think of any situation that this 200cc Scooter would really be found wanting. 

• 04-11-2016 11:46 PM In reply to

Hmm How about head winds and carrying a pillion ? Angel

• 04-12-2016 05:17 AM In reply to

Turn around go the other way, and have no friends so don't need to worry about pillionsWink

• 04-12-2016 01:00 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Turn around go the other way, and have no friends so don't need to worry about pillionsWink

Wink Wish i had a friend so i could dry out at his place and also a scooter powerful enough to fight the headwind so i could have gone the other way Stick out tongue

• 04-13-2016 10:28 AM In reply to

Well I finally had the chance to ride the Burger 200 --a brand new one straight out of the box ==Well it had plenty of get up and go even though I am 6ft and overweight and I was limited by being in 60 and 70klm zones

.Up to 80kph no problem and it beat numerous cars off the lights

I found it a bit restrictive on leg room but then Ive been spoilt on the 400

Another feature I felt was unnecessary was a economy gismo which had a light show on the instrument panel when you were not accellerating plus it produced a weird noise ,sort of a mild grinding

.For anyone under 6ft and say 120kg or less this 200 could be perfect --plus the champagne colour was to die for and the windscreen seemed to do the job OK 

For me Im sticking with my ancient 09 burger 400 which now has the enormous sum, of 16000 klms on the speedo

Luv that scooter

riding for fun
  • 04-13-2016 01:11 PM In reply to

I will be interested to see how many they sell at $6490 on the road 

Edit just got the first quarter sales figures Suzuki sold so far 120 scooters 97 being the Address , so leaves 23 Burgman in the 200cc and 650cc class sold unfortunately don't know the break down 

• 04-13-2016 06:02 PM In reply to

My Burgman has 69.000 and is still going well. 

The belt has stopped makeing a noise now it was only doing it on Take off but as I said it's stopped. 

I bought a VFR 750 today now yesterday took it for test ride BEAUTIFUL. !!

Today noway on earth would it even start had to bring it Home on a Trailer once again

JUST MY LUCK

• 04-13-2016 07:24 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

My Burgman has 69.000 and is still going well. 

The belt has stopped makeing a noise now it was only doing it on Take off but as I said it's stopped. 

I bought a VFR 750 today now yesterday took it for test ride BEAUTIFUL. !!

Today noway on earth would it even start had to bring it Home on a Trailer once again

JUST MY LUCK

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au