Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

bit worried

Last post 02-12-2016 08:44 PM by wombat. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2016 11:33 PM

bit worried

Hi all

I should say that I really do love haveing this site to come to ask questions and find out whats happening.

Lately its slowed up alot we used to get news from the Scooter shops and that hasn't happened for some time.

For afew weeks now it's been Rod thats made the effort to put something new in here. 

Come on guys. even if it's just a scooter or bike you saw while rideing to work I'd like to hear about it.

Idon't wont to lose this site.  I enjoy reading about your Scoots and bikes seeing the pics from Pete and Eccles and always look forward to Alan's news from the shop.

Cheers everyone.

• 01-13-2016 08:08 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Re: bit worried

Point taken jp but it has been holidays for some,so I'll bore you with my holiday riding news.Spent a great 2 weeks at the Gold Coast mostly using the 150cc for transport which I don't get a chance to do when working.I know I'll cop some flack for this but great to ride around the coast in 'local' safety gear of thongs,t-shirt & boardshorts just like we did on motorbikes at the coast in younger years.Just to ride every day is great.Lots of other scooterists similarly attired enjoying the sunshine & beach life.Though I did ride down & back in 'full kit',prefer to use the service roads beside the highway,no traffic,lots of 60-80 k speed limits & some twisty bits & scenery, much better though takes longer.Back to the city grind now 'til next time.

• 01-16-2016 11:02 AM In reply to

Hi all

Ofcause your right about the holidays sometimesI do say things before I really think about them.

Anyway how good were the 150cc scoots you were rideing. ?

The new ones are faster than my 250 spacy.

• 01-16-2016 11:46 AM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

The 150 I ride is my old faithful 2005 model SYM Euro MX that I bought over 5 years ago & has about 39,000 k's on it. No doubt a lot slower than later models & don't know how it would shape up against your Spacey but it suits me fine for now & while there are lots of great scoots around I can't find one that I 'must have' to replace it with.It goes really well 2 up,plenty of underseat storage with 2 helmet hooks & with the top box is quite practical & good fun to ride.Would like something more highway compatible but nothing's perfect I guess.

• 01-16-2016 12:22 PM In reply to

I dont ride a scooter to do shopping or errands but basically to just get out of the house ,meet up with other scooter riders have some basic banter about this and that and just ride for the enjoyment of riding

Those that get on and just ride  to get to a certain place without enjoying the scene around them is to my way of thinking a waste of effort

Speed limits on roads are not there saying that is the speed you should travel at but a warning that you are in risk of hurting yourself if you travel faster than the speed posted

But then you are at risk if you dont travel at about the posted speed by some idiot that is in a hurry

We live in a beautiful environment that we should learn to love and appreciate --so slow down and enjoy it

riding for fun
  • 01-16-2016 06:43 PM In reply to

See allen moderator and site owner hasn't visited scooter community since the 21-7-2015 so a miracle site is running at all Sad

edit  Also last new community member signed up on 6-10-2015

• 01-16-2016 06:59 PM In reply to

....aaah...captain pyrah....good to see your return...

....lets have another drink...
  • 01-16-2016 07:10 PM In reply to

I was going to say that I was hopeing it was just the holidays thing like gaz said.

Then you hit us with those bloody facts

You were always good wit those lol

BLOODY HELL

• 01-16-2016 07:15 PM In reply to

By the way pyrah how about a pic of the bike you bought just before you went MIA. 

• 01-16-2016 08:46 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Rod Fountain:
    We live in a beautiful environment that we should learn to love and appreciate --so slow down and enjoy it

Couldn't agree more Rod.When I first got my scooter I wanted to see what it would do & what I could do on it as it is zippy & corners well.I still do 'have a bit of a go' now & then but mostly I just enjoy being on 2 wheels & enjoying the day.

• 01-17-2016 10:33 AM In reply to

Overseas ,I note that most of the clubs have dispensed with forums and have gone to facebook

Awful pity because a lot dont like facebook and i am one

Lets hope Scooter community doesnt shut down --but it could do with a good clean up

riding for fun
  • 01-18-2016 10:07 AM In reply to

Such pearls of wisdom from you Rod, and others. Such inspiration and motivation to get out and ride, ride, ride, ride into the sunset on the great adventure of life, to boldly go where few scooters have gone. Does that mean that any of you are riding to the NSR . Keep the spirit of the Community alive. 

Carpe Diem
  • 01-18-2016 10:21 AM In reply to

Sadly I must opt out of the NSR this year and in the future as common sense says the body is just not up to travelling that distance on a scooter -Just part of life and getting old

riding for fun
  • 01-18-2016 07:48 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Me neither for the NSR,working hours don't permit unfortunately, but it's something I'd love to attend.

• 01-19-2016 06:11 PM In reply to

Hi all, I am a relative newcomer - I haven't posted a lot, but I've read a lot of the threads about all sorts of things. I have a TGB 303RS 150cc that I'm looking at upgrading and have found this site to be the absolute best for information and honest opinions. I've loved the reviews of different scoots, and discussion on misreading tachos, tyres, performance upgrades and all sorts of stuff. I'll try to be more active in the future - I'd hate to see this site go too :(

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au