Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

TGB......HELP!

Last post 02-09-2016 10:07 PM by gunnabuild1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2016 09:36 PM

TGB......HELP!

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2013 150cc TGB X-Race scooter. The performance is not what I expected. I owned an Italjet Dragster 180 some years ago and that was an entirely different beast. While I didn't expect the performance to be the same (2 stroke vs 4, plus a 300cc deficit) I didn't think the difference would be so great!
    The thing is flat out at 100kph. Is that normal??
    I understand scooters seem to use a lot of generic parts, can anyone shed light on what the TPG 150 engines have in common with other scooters? Is it a generic GY6 engine? Will parts for a GY6 be compatible?
    Lastly can anyone tell me if any good aftermarket parts suppliers here in Australia? I've found plenty in the U.S. But postage seems ridiculously expensive, almost as much if not more than the parts!!
    I'm trying to source an complete aftermarket variator together with fan pulley, sliders etc.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.
  • 02-03-2016 11:12 PM In reply to

Re: TGB......HELP!

Welcome to the forum Clayjay  first new member in ages . Big difference think the TGB makes 7.6 kw and the Italjet 14.2 kw . Could try some different rollers maybe sliders for a bit of gain in performance . Try GPS Imports  they may have something for your scooter

• 02-09-2016 10:07 PM In reply to

Re: TGB......HELP!

Hi Clayjay,welcome aboard and yes that's normal,I've got one as well.
    I've been looking for info about compatibility with GY6 engines and parts but really haven't been able to find anyone that really knows.
    Let us know if you find any info,I'd be very interested in what you find.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au