Scooter
Community

BMW 2016 C650 GT & Sport test review and ride impressions

Last post 01-01-2017 10:40 AM by jpfvita. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2016 01:34 AM In reply to

Re: BMW 2016 C650 GT & Sport test review and ride impressions

I just read that the BMW sport can do 160 kph that's bloody fast on a scooter

• 08-11-2016 02:31 AM In reply to

Sorry guys profiles are mixed up writing this to get back on track, 

I hope

• 08-22-2016 05:27 PM In reply to

Went to have a look at these new scoots last Friday.  Oh boy are they nice.   The old ones didn't quite feel finished to me.  These new ones are a cut above in terms of quality.  Aside from the added performance advantage I would say the quality finish is also better than any other scooter on the market.  The TMax is nice, but has its little flaws.  Yet to go back for a test ride as scared that might cause the inevitable purchase to occur.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 08-22-2016 05:43 PM In reply to

Then which one would you choose GT, or sport.?

Because  that's another head scratcher. 

• 08-22-2016 06:00 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Then which one would you choose GT, or sport.?

Because  that's another head scratcher. 

No scratching needed.   I would be riding the sport, but thats because I only have a short commute in traffic with the occasional freeway or longer run.  

If I was one of these mile munching types then I would be riding the GT.   Storage, comfort, wind protection are all just that bit better.

The one thing I did love about both of them was the way they suited taller riders.   I'm not hugely tall, 6ft1 but I find on the TMax that the bars coule be a couple inches higher.   On the GT there was room to swing a cat between my knees and the bars.   The sport the same.  Loved it.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 01-01-2017 10:24 AM In reply to

HB-Zip50:

The one thing I did love about both of them was the way they suited taller riders.   I'm not hugely tall, 6ft1 but I find on the TMax that the bars coule be a couple inches higher.   On the GT there was room to swing a cat between my knees and the bars.  

Well I had the same problem with Tmax's - so engineered my own solution to suit my 191cm frame...

Fitted some Renthal 607 ATV bars - my knees now have plenty of clearance.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 01-01-2017 10:40 AM In reply to

Happy New year everyone, and so good to hear from you white Fang it's been to long mate. 

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au