Scooter
Community

Honda Dio vs Suzuki Address

Last post 04-19-2016 12:05 PM by martindemo. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2016 10:57 AM

Honda Dio vs Suzuki Address

Please indulge me this post. This is an inevitable question buyers would ask when considering a machine in this category. I hope that those who have reviewed or owned either are bold enough to supply open comparison.

The 108cc Dio is stated as adequate for someone hunting in the 125cc class. Further claims have stated that the 113cc Address is comparable  to machines in the 125 - 150cc class. So is this a real point of difference? The dealer stated the performance difference is incrimentaI at best. Hmm. I have only ever owned one Suzuki, a 500cc GT two stroke twin (you still 'tingled' for many hours after more than 200k day rides on this machine), but many reliable Honda machines of varying capacities.

There is now more than $450 price difference at my nearest dealer between these machines. Can this difference be justified with an established tried and tested machine? It is not just about the money, although I am not in a position to be reckless. The idea would be to run this scooter as a conveniece toy until the (hopeful) arrival of the Tricity 155, with view to updating.

I want to press to go button within the week. Thanks

• 04-07-2016 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Honda Dio vs Suzuki Address

I should have added the fact that I weight in at only 70kg, an important factor in this class of scoot me thinks.

• 04-07-2016 03:26 PM In reply to

Don't think there is much difference in them so would go for the cheaper Honda NSC110 think both are 4000 km service intervals . Can't find the Suzuki UK110NE handbook pdf on line honda Yamaha books are easy to find , Also T&G magazine give the Honda a bigger 8 stars rating  than the Suzuki 6 stars . Throwing a curved ball how about the Yamaha D,Elight XC115S if price is right . that as 6000 km service intervals with first valve check at 12000 ks . Part exchange from a Yamaha to Yamaha might be better come Tricity time Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-07-2016 03:56 PM In reply to

It is the Suzuki Address that is the cheapest of the two. Possibly maintaining an introductory price to ensure product exposure. Thanks for the heads up on the Yammy, but it just does not rock my boat. Actually the new Honda PCX 150 has the goods, except for valve inspection intervals, but I run hot then cold on the styling.

• 04-07-2016 04:17 PM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 14

I have a Dio and am really happy with it. I normally just ride around the Macedon Ranges on back roads. It really doesn't have the performance to use on the freeways, but at 80-90Kph it suites me fine. It would struggle with a pillion passenger, but for me with a new license it is not going to be a problem for a few years, and then I might trade up to the PCX or Forza.

I guess it is Honda vs the rest for quality etc. I,m happy with my little Dio and I even get nods from the big bike boys sometimes!

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 04-07-2016 04:34 PM In reply to

Dio in SA found @ $2890 otr (3 months rego) Address can only find the advert for $2990 drive away participating dealers only ? 

Devil Yep Swampy even when the Japanese first appeared on the scene the rating on quality was IMHO Honda First Yamaha second distant third Suzuki & Kawasaki but would now rate Kawasaki above Suzuki Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-07-2016 08:12 PM In reply to

And somewhere in the middle I would put Bridgestone.........anyone else remember them? they were pretty good !

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-07-2016 08:55 PM In reply to

Do I what! Coincidentally, that is where it all started with me. The year would be 1968. A red Bridgestone 100 was my ride. It was small enough to hide up the disused side of the house so that nobody (family) new I had it. I clearly remember my first foray into traffic on Parramatta Rd. Still.

Thanks for the memories

• 04-07-2016 09:11 PM In reply to

martindemo:

And somewhere in the middle I would put Bridgestone.........anyone else remember them? they were pretty good !

Yep great bikes from the tyre people and if i remember the story at the time , stopped bike production when other manufactures threatened to stop buying their tyres

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-07-2016 09:38 PM In reply to

Thinking of Bridgestone put me to mind of Lambrettas reminder to Moto Guzzi to lay of scooter manufacture

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-07-2016 09:48 PM In reply to

No helmets back then. Can you believe it.

• 04-07-2016 10:58 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

No helmets back then. Can you believe it.

When i started riding in the UK helmets weren't required but became compulsory in 1973

LOL my first decent helmet was a Stadium 4 like the one in the picture before that had old what we called pudding basin helmet Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-08-2016 07:50 AM In reply to

Recollection has it that we called the pudding basin helmets - half jaffas - after the Jaffa lolly. When I was issued my full motorcycle license, it was after arriving at Kogarah Motor Registery on the mighty Bridgestone, then receiving a few basic instructions. Those instructions included to proceed down to the next corner, turn left, then turn left again at the following corner with a final left turn that would bring you back to the examiner waiting out front of the MR. The assessment was that if you rounded the block in alotted time, meaning that you did not fall off, then you passed. I don't believe that I was wearing a helmet.

A few years after that the scrambler bike craze hit town. Nearly everyone I new jumped onto one. The first Yammy DTs then the Honda SLs, Bultacos, to name a few. The outskirts of Sydney were much closer, and we acquired our craft and skills in bush settings every weekend. We always rode there and back, sometimes with disfigured bikes on the return journeys. Nothing seemed out of bounds. A top flatform for bike handling and learning to fall off skilfully. LOL. Mostly.

• 04-08-2016 07:55 AM In reply to

Thanks for the great photos Pyrah.

• 04-08-2016 09:17 PM In reply to

Hmm, I feel guilty for derailing this thread from its original topic!!

Having said that......

1. We see in pyrah's pic how much these bikes were based on the Uk ones of the time: the tank boots on the forks, the speedo/tacho situation etc but they also covered the other side of the Atlantic by making the handlebars more in US style. A nice action pic: that 250 would be fun to have now.

2. That Moto-bretta is an iteresting thing !

3. Re helmets, nice to see that the one in Pyrah's pix has an "anti-crush" feature...ya'd sorta want that it a helmet.

4.  What fun the old licence were ! Correct me if I'm wrong, if U had one of those U could ride any capacity of bike ! Honda step-thru on Monday, Kawasaki Mach 3 on Saturday!!

But don't let's start on Kwaka threes...let's try to rerail this thread to Dio Vs Suzuki !

Aprilia 200ie
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au