Scooter
Community

Whats going on

Last post 04-26-2016 07:46 PM by pyrah. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2016 10:44 AM

Whats going on

Cmon--where are all the club rides --surely the Central coast is not the only club riding as a group

Wheres the Illawarra group and the ACT mob and when is someone going to get off their rear ends and organise something for the Hunter Newcastle area

Seems that riders are going into Ulysees rides because they cant find any scooter groups and we all know that scooters up to 250cc will always have trouble keeping up with the hotfooted bikers  

Plus this facebook following is just unorganised rabble and its a pity because so many riders have gone over to it and it is totally unorganised or AM I WRONG

riding for fun
  • 04-24-2016 06:17 PM In reply to

Re: Whats going on

1 maybe they're all like this

2 what is facebook should it be renamed farcebook

• 04-25-2016 07:22 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Up here in Brisbane there used to be a club Maxitag for riders on 250cc+ scooters but a check today seems they're not active at present,not that I could find anyway.

Then there's Cane Toads Scooter Club,mostly vespa's new & old,they still seem active i think but not quite sure there either.

Other than that I can't find anything resembling organised scootering here.

• 04-25-2016 09:20 PM In reply to

Think the only active scooter club in South Australia allowing all scooters on there runs is the SA Scooter Club

Also if still going and you ride a lambretta there is the Scooter Kollective

• 04-26-2016 09:44 AM In reply to

Allowing all scooters --what are they discriminating against --black ones ,white ones or maybe red

What sort of club tells you what you should be riding

We had an old guy 80plus came along on an ancient  moto guzzi motorbike with sidecar held together with fencing wire and duck tape and he joined us on a couple of rides

We dont care iwhat you ride but we discourage 50cc

Further if they are having rides why dont they post them up here or is it only for those in the know

As for Lambrettas only -I have seen one lambretta come along to our rides over the past 8 years and that scooter broke down and couldnt complete the ride

riding for fun
  • 04-26-2016 10:14 AM In reply to

"Duck tape"? Was something quacked??

Carpe Diem
  • 04-26-2016 11:30 AM In reply to

I get calls each week asking if I know of any clubs operating in al sorts of areas in NSW

It doesnt have to be a club as such ,but just a group of riders male female who want to discover some places they mightnt want to go on their own --and there are lots of these places

And if there is a ride organised then let others know and put it up here .

Get off the main roads  (they are for the cars and bikers ) and just enjoy the company and the thrill of riding on 2 wheels

riding for fun
  • 04-26-2016 06:52 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Boom,boom!!!

MajorBumsore:

"Duck tape"? Was something quacked??

• 04-26-2016 07:46 PM In reply to