Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Piaggio Medley

Last post 10-23-2017 10:15 AM by pyrah. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2016 03:17 PM

Piaggio Medley

Just reading about the Medley on the Blogs page sounds like it could be a good machine built in Vietnam same as the GTS 150 . Also here is a UK test ride of the 125cc version click if we get the 150cc version i suppose the deciding factor will be the cost

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-27-2016 07:43 PM In reply to

Re: Piaggio Medley

I like the look of these scooters. I think the 150 3v would be a better seller in Aus. over the Liberty 150 3v. This offering presents a pretty one for the girls and a 'blokey' version ... imo.

• 04-27-2016 07:43 PM In reply to

yes Pyrah,

that is an interesting read. It seems to combined Beverly and Fly: a "Flyverley" if U like.

: I wonder if this scoot will take sales from Fly?/ i does seem to offer a bit more but, as U say, price will tell

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-27-2016 07:58 PM In reply to

Got that wrong. Just read the scooter profile. Four valve liquid cooled. Rather than an upgraded Liberty, as I know it, it is more like a compact Beverly. Thanks for the post Pyrah. Would love to see the sub 224cc category expanded (NSW lowest category). With the technology (R&D) now going into these smaller capacity motors, they can deliver surprising performance.

• 04-28-2016 11:49 AM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 14

Almost identical to my Honda Dio except the engine is bigger !!

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 04-29-2016 06:20 PM In reply to

• Zerotech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2016
    • Preston, Victoria
    • Posts 8

It kind of reminds me that it looks like the Newer Piaggio Fly v3ie in terms of body shape. Other than that I fail to see the difference.

Why cannot I improve on my skills just because of my silly name?

Zerotech
    Email: petersam1980@gmail.com
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/Zerotech80
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Zerotech80
  • 04-29-2016 07:48 PM In reply to

Zerotech:

It kind of reminds me that it looks like the Newer Piaggio Fly v3ie in terms of body shape. Other than that I fail to see the difference.

Yep big family resemblance I think it's larger wheels and what's under the skin will make it a much better machine than the Fly not that the Fly is a bad machine cost will be the deciding factor Big Smile

FLY

Medley

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-29-2016 08:26 PM In reply to

How many clicks have you logged on the Dio Swampy? What I enjoy about the Dio are the ergonomics for this feisty compact scooter. I went into a large MC dealer today on a topbox assignment. They had on the floor every model scooter currently in the (Aus.) Yamaha line-up. Now I need to exclude the TMAX, but none of the others felt as good as the Dio (to me - 178cm - 70kg).

I settled on a Givi B27 quick release top box, mainly just for the winter heavies when I shed them. Also, they were able to supply the Dio specific attachment rails (SR 1106), so no drilling will be rquired. I logged 300ks on my new Dio in less than two weeks just sport coastal riding as part of the break-in. Preferred the constant running with varied throttle response than short stop-starts. I have always loved being in the saddle, and it does not have to be the biggest, best or fastest. But it has got me thinking. The Dio is a keeper though.

• 04-30-2016 11:22 AM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 14

I' ve just turned over 2100k in 18 months from new. I just ride around the Macedon Ranges on the back roads. I have an aftermarket top box which is removeable but a pain to lock but I'm very happy with the Dio but like to look at all the alternatives.

In a couple of years when I can take a pillion passenger I might move up to a 150cc or bigger machine and will look at all the scooters on offer.

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 05-08-2016 03:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Swampy. When you last posted your local as the Macedon Ranges, I was keen to identify where that was. Some years ago I did travel extensively with a Cub camper trailer, which included a lot of Victoria and of course the Murray River (with kayak). But I subsequently stumbled to remember these ranges. What I do remember was how comparatively small was Victoria after having travelled for 3 months in Queensland on a previous trip.

Like you I still enjoy to look even though I have only just tipped myself into a new Dio, which I absolutely luv for its intended purpose. It got me to thinking about your next choice, when the time comes. The first scoot you have owned has a stamp of quality at a price point, has great road manners for a compact scoot and punches above its weight on the performance stakes with Honda reliability. So, where to from there? Some hard thinking ahead.

But you have a great scoot to enjoy in the meantime.

# I am very satisfied with the Givi B27 quick release top box. Large enough to be useful without overwhelming the scoot. The Dio specific additional rails were a bit $$$s, comparatively, but it is a very tidy install. The lid latch did rattle a little at first, but this was a quick fix.

• 05-08-2016 03:45 PM In reply to

There is performance stuff for the Dio on this kiwi site click

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 05-08-2016 08:56 PM In reply to

Thanks for that. The graph shows mods deliver hugely were it matters. It would be nice to have two units; a stock standard which is b... good as it is; and a custom play thing tricked with these goodies. This scooter is so nimble, with the extra punch you could get ahead of the game if not careful.

• 06-13-2016 08:27 PM In reply to

Just been reading in T&G that there is a 200cc version of the medley in the pipeline Cool

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-15-2016 02:24 AM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 14

Currently in Slovenia after a few weeks in Croatia and Italy. Scooter heaven! Have checked out plenty of Piaggio's and Vespas. Some beautiful Vespas well looked after by the owners by the look of them. The Beverly 150cc is very popular here and quite a few odd scooters as well.

I guess I'll just have to save up or dream a bit more. Can't wait to get back home and jump on the Dio.

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 06-23-2016 01:58 PM In reply to

Medley here in Aus July 155cc 11kW 14.4Nm

150 i-GET $5290 and the S $5390 both plus ORCs

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au