Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Yamaha NMax

Last post 05-24-2016 10:22 PM by aspro boy. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2016 10:02 PM

Yamaha NMax

This model new to the Australian line-up has crept onto the local Yammy stage with very little introduction or promotion. I did see one at Bondi Junction about 6 weeks ago, rider aboard, which prompted my enquiry. When passing Sydney City Motorcycles at Kogarah I stopped again to look and sit on the Tricity again, the BWS and the new NMax. So ........

• 05-20-2016 11:59 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha NMax

Think they should have brought the 155cc version in and at $4200 + orc  around PCX 150 money

• 05-21-2016 08:49 AM In reply to

Hmm... not loving the looks, to be honest. Seems very top-heavy, or something? Just doesn't do it for me at the moment.

Definitely should've been 155cc.

• 05-21-2016 09:50 AM In reply to

Where are you guys seeing pictures of this NMax. ?

Ill have to Google it I think Huh?

• 05-21-2016 10:04 AM In reply to

Just go to Yamaha Australia - Scooter Products. And yes I think it should have been the 155 imported. With the new generation sub 125cc class hunting in performance territory of 125s (or more), better to have 150 representation. Yamaha would do well to promote an Urban dealer (city) for all its scooter products.

• 05-21-2016 10:07 AM In reply to

When I purchased the Dio recently, the new (adjusted) price for the PCX 150 was quoted @ $5200 ride away.Creeping up.

• 05-21-2016 10:27 AM In reply to

jpfvita:

Done Smile

• 05-21-2016 10:30 AM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

pyrah:

jpfvita:

Done Smile

When I grow up I want to be a TMax 😁

• 05-21-2016 11:34 AM In reply to

aspro boy:

When I purchased the Dio recently, the new (adjusted) price for the PCX 150 was quoted @ $5200 ride away.Creeping up.

PCX 150 i see in SA is for a 2016 model $4390 ride away (3 months rego)

• 05-21-2016 06:17 PM In reply to

Thank you pyrah Big Smile

• 05-21-2016 07:46 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Agree,but for me this cruiser style would be better as a 200 or 250cc thus highway compatible.It looks too cumbersome to be a zippy 125cc city scoot.

ferrix:

Hmm... not loving the looks, to be honest. Seems very top-heavy, or something? Just doesn't do it for me at the moment.

Definitely should've been 155cc.

• 05-21-2016 08:00 PM In reply to

HHmm, I rented one of those ....or a Yammie extremely similar....on the Filipino island of Bohol for abt 5 days a while back.

it was nothing flash but adequate for my purposes. interestingly I see that they have dropped these + now have a similar Honda instead.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 05-21-2016 10:44 PM In reply to

The duties and taxes in NSW are fearsome. That price you saw for the PCX 150 Pyrah in SA was no doubt right at the time. Honda did a - March Madness Sale, offereing great deals back then. My Dio cost me $3300 ride away, but during March could have been purchased for $3k same. I have already had $300 dollars of fun from the machine, so have tuned out to missing the sale.

Went for a long ride on the Surly today, so took the opportunity to swing by Sydney City Motorcycles @Carlton/Kogarah. So, this is what I can report: Yamaha now have 3 different 125s (on the floor) and the Vity 125, as informed by Pyrah, has now been dropped for their 114cc thingy. The most comfortable scoot on which to sit is the NMax, offering different riding styles - feet forward or not - and the best seat that does not define where you sit. Should have been the 155. Don't mind the looks myself, but it has a large floor hump ...... Next the Tricity (125cc). Your feet are restricted, even with an average shoe size. I did read the new 155 Tricity, when it happens, will have a new seat design. I think this needs to happen as the current seating position is defined by its scallop shape ..... Then the Bee Wee 125. This scooter I would place simply in the 'fun' cupboard. That's the 'feel' I get from the riding position and ergonomics. My reading informs me that all three 125 power plants are different. The Bee Wee was a scooter I had considered buying, but dealer location and the 'try too hard' label it might attach at my age dropped it off the page. The new model in Europe looks positively sanitized. Phoo.

The TMax displayed a sold sign so respectfully I did not sit on it. Pity really, otherwise I might have purchased it. In my dreams, but it is on the future list - white.

A curve ball: They also had the little Kwaka Z125 (lime green), which the rep. was all over me to - handle. Now the Dio is compact, but this is tiny. Ergonics felt surprisingly good until I lifted my feet onto the pegs. Something about the shape of the tank did not work for the inside of my legs. But for others it might be different. I would prefer a Bee Wee to this, all day long. I have seen two examples of the Honda Grom on the road, one two up, and they did not see as - tiny. But they must be. 

A perfect autumn day for a long ride, which included some tyre kicking.

• 05-22-2016 02:55 AM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

The Nmax has ABS standard, that is a winner in my eyes.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 05-22-2016 08:57 AM In reply to

INMA:

The Nmax has ABS standard, that is a winner in my eyes.

Good point Yes

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au