Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

shocking

Last post 06-17-2016 10:17 PM by bradr. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2016 02:32 PM

shocking

Yesterday, in the Tampa area, a road rage incident went off the hook as the driver of the car in the video below rammed his car into a motorcyclist and his passenger, knocking them off their Harley-Davidson. Once they were on the ground, the driver proceeded to run over the bike before fleeing the scene. Fortunately, both rider and passenger appear to be OK in the video. The same can’t be said for their motorcycle.

According to local news reports, the driver was apprehended by Florida Highway Patrol. Robert Vance, the alleged driver, has a history of run-ins with the law including other incidents of hit and run. Vance is currently detained at the Pasco County Jail, awaiting trial for three felony charges: aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of a crash involving injury and operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license (habitual offender).

The charges against Robert Vance who is being held in the Pasco County Jail in Florida.

• 06-01-2016 02:39 PM In reply to

Re: shocking

Sorry I couldn't do the video it just shows them yelling at eachother and then him smashing into them and running over the bike then takeing off .

Thats about it Embarrassed

Sorry

• 06-01-2016 02:46 PM In reply to

Lets hope

So others are safe behind these bars

• 06-02-2016 10:23 AM In reply to

Recently we had a ride up out of Gosford on the  Pacific Hghy and  coming  through Lisarow we were doing the posted speed and our tail rider on a small 100cc Bee Wee was tailgated by a car  When we got to the lights our rider pulled over to the side and the car came up along side of him--- .the car driver told our rider he was a cop and our rider was travelling too slow

Our rider did not step back from the accusation and the car drove on

There are people /drivers out there that dont want us on the road --we have to stand up for ourselves --moreso when we are in the right and when we have mates with us

We pay our rego and insurances and we have equal rights to use the roads like any other motorist  

riding for fun
  • 06-02-2016 03:29 PM In reply to

I doubt that was really a cop, but I do think the cops just get bored sometimes. Last year I got pulled up by a cop in Cowan and was told my scooter was too noisy! Just about every motorcycle on that road makes more noise! He let me off with a caution.

Mike

• 06-02-2016 04:01 PM In reply to

You certainly get some people who shouldnt be in control of any vehcile on the road. 

My thoughts if you can't be patient to wait for a slower vehicle of any sort on the road then you shouldnt be there. 

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 06-02-2016 04:09 PM In reply to

Having had close experiences with a couple of cops  I have found  that they get a attitude of being better than anyone else .I have a close relative who was in the force and whenever he drove anywhere with me he would chirp up --Thats $150 for going over the double yellows or thats $180 for excedding the speed by more than 5kph

In fact it got so bad I wouldnt have him in my car, and hes no longer a cop but still a miserable soul  

I think also its because they have wives who never stop complaining about the job they do ,so they take it out on guys like you and  I.

Plus what I have always thought  ,they are only crooks in uniform I.

Admittedly there are some good ones  just like in the Islamic community, but sadly they dont have GOOD tatooed on their foreheads

riding for fun
  • 06-02-2016 04:26 PM In reply to

Wonder they didn't issue him with a machine for revenue collection has that seems to be a main part of policing today

• 06-02-2016 10:17 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Rod Fountain:

he would chirp up --Thats $150 for going over the double yellows

This sandgroper has lived in NSW for fifteen years now. I might become a new chum in another 5 years. But I have always been stunned to hear the locals talk about "double yellows". I decided that people I talk to must be very old,or colour-blind, or stupid, or have apalling short-term memory problems, or all of the above.  So your trivial pursuit question of the day is "In what century did NSW change the colour of their road centre lines from yellow to white?". In fact, were they ever yellow in the memory of anyone still living today?

The Red Menace
  • 06-02-2016 10:19 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Ooh. Haven't seen a machine like that in many a long year.  A memory bubble is stirring. Wasn't the machine invented by someone memorable, like Leonard Setright's father?

The Red Menace
  • 06-02-2016 10:22 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Rod Fountain:

Admittedly there are some good ones  just like in the Islamic community, but sadly they dont have GOOD tatooed on their foreheads

I recall an ancient joke from the old country that went something like "How do you know if your bus conductor is Irish?". "Because he has a shamrock in his turban".

The Red Menace
  • 06-02-2016 10:22 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Rod Fountain:

I recall an ancient joke from the old country that went something like "How do you know if your bus conductor is Irish?". "Because he has a shamrock in his turban".

The Red Menace
  • 06-02-2016 11:33 PM In reply to

Found this about Aus

Yellow road lines are used in areas with large amounts of snow use yellow lines in the centre of the road to contrast the white colour of snow These lines are white in areas where there is infrequent or no snow

• 06-02-2016 11:39 PM In reply to

Old pommy joke why do traffic wardens have a yellow line on their hats to stop people parking on them

• 06-03-2016 11:33 AM In reply to

Dave O from  Cow Flat -- Yes I am old enough to remember that most road marking were in YELLOW

But it wouldnt have mattered what colour (pink or,purple) they were with this relative in the car --he still would have had his fine computer on to catch me for some more dollars (they didnt have penalty points back in those days )but the sh***y part of the deal was I was driving him somewhere for nothing and all th pri** could do was point out any mistakes I made and alert me to how much those mistakes would cost me if he had his uniform on .

riding for fun
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au