Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Vietnamese and Vespa

Last post 06-17-2016 10:14 PM by bradr. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2016 11:34 AM

Vietnamese and Vespa

Devil My understanding is that the Primavera Sprint & GTS 150 now come from Vietnam . If so can,t see any price reduction from the made in italy models & does it make Vespa's a now less desirable steed ? Stick out tongue

• 06-16-2016 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: Vietnamese and Vespa

That's a very good point,  why arnt they bringing down the cost of these Models? 

More and more of the company's are having Bikes made there but none are passing on the savings to us. 

The customers

• 06-16-2016 01:11 PM In reply to

Yep, should be cheaper...i could also mention how much closer Vietnam is. You would think there could be a saving also from reduced shipping costs......could be wrong.

Apropos of nothing really, i was looking for  a 2nd handFender guitar the other day,,,,,there is a CLEAR price distinction between price of US made, mexican made etc

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-16-2016 09:16 PM In reply to

It is in part recognition of a sales philosophy that by -holding up- the retail price, the used Vespa market will also hold value. A strong resale value is then promoted to ensure new sales through the ongoing value of the product. There needs however to be a recognition by the consumer of a quality product with a reputation for reliability - or a 'special' limited production run.

It could be that this product is hinged against the U.S dollar ....

• 06-17-2016 09:46 AM In reply to

Hmm, now I'm in 2 minds abt this....I mean some name-brand cars are now made in thailand, not japan,  and we don't expect or get a price-drop there, so why should we expect it with scoots?

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-17-2016 10:40 AM In reply to

Regardless of where it is made it is still a Vesp[a and you would think that quality control would ensure you get a good product

Lots of Mercedes were made in Africa and they didnt have elephant hide seat covers --I know that the coil spings they used came from good old OZ

Its all about maximising PROFIT  and lordy be dont the Italians need the money

riding for fun
  • 06-17-2016 09:32 PM In reply to

Been going on for years in the car industry - and the Motorcycle industry for that matter. Not all Hondas are made in Japan, you know.

If anyone's really concerned about where their steed comes from, learn to decode a VIN. The results will surprise a lot of people. 

For those playing at home, the first 2 characters contain the magic codes.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 06-17-2016 10:14 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Rod Fountain:
    Lots of Mercedes were made in Africa and they didnt have elephant hide seat covers --I know that the coil spings they used came from good old OZ
    lol  don't ever buy a Benz that was made in Mexico when Chyrsler were part owners with Daimer Benz ( around 02 to 06) , they had horrible electrical bugs etc among other things & quality of the whole vehicle was about level with any other Chrysler product ,Jeep/ 300c's etc etc , best move Benz made was to boot Chrysler back out , they make cars worldwide but all to Benz German standards , even Benz China put out a very good product , we rubbish the Chinese but they can actually turn out some good stuff if the price is right , where most manufacturers will say no we can't do it below X $ , the chinese will bulid to suit any required budget , so providing Vespa aren't scabs with the $$ , then the chinese Vespa will be as good as the Italian ones ,  we've been riding GTS's with Chinese alloy rims for years & i've never heard of any of our wheels falling off yet ?😀

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au