Scooter
Community

Deliver Packages with Uber??

Last post 08-07-2016 09:35 PM by REMPIT. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2016 12:01 PM

Deliver Packages with Uber??

Hi all,

I just noticed an ad on my Facebook, "Deliver Packages  on your Scooter with Uber." and there was a foto of a chappie doing just that.

Never ubered myself.....don't mind the idea of extra $$ esp as I am nearing retirement.

I wonder if there is a buck in this or, like Deliveroo and some others, U work for peanuts for the priviledge of saying u have yr own business franchise?

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-21-2016 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Deliver Packages with Uber??

I doubt that there's bucks in this. Especially if the Tax Office catches up with you

By the time you run your scooter, lose money on Government Benefits (by declaring the income) you're working for nothing, and probably even going backwards.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 07-21-2016 01:33 PM In reply to

Big Smile No money in it for where i live GiftNo

Edit

Wonder how you go on with insurance using your scooter for business and also claims for damaged packages

• 07-21-2016 04:28 PM In reply to

Plus you can imagine some character trying to get a cheap delivery so he packages up his box of goodies weighing just over 30kgs and measuring 1 metre x 1metre ---where do you put that on a scooter or maybe a carton of wine bottles --then Uber take a % and you have to declare you are using the scooter for commercial use which will bump up the insurance ---wacko a windfall for those that want cheap deliveries

Read the fineprint

riding for fun
  • 08-07-2016 12:15 PM In reply to

• REMPIT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-05-2012
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 14

Haven't been on this forum in years and stumbled back here when I'm trying to find a photo of my bike.

Anyway, I've just started UberEats delivery not long ago using my scooter. It's been working fine and the extra cash has been good in my opinion. Not strapped for cash but just doing it to kill time and it is pretty fun I must say. Usually work about 2 hrs per night if it's not raining and if I don't have to work late for my dayjob. Here are the numbers if anyone is keen to know.

All numbers are "Uber net", meaning after Uber takes their 25% cut. I've stated the average numbers per below:

• $36/hour
    • $12/trip
    • $4/km (this is live KMs, meaning when you are on the journey, doesn't include dead KMs when you are on your way to pick-up points)
    • Usually ride about 20km/hour (both live and dead KMs combined)
    • average about 3 deliveries per hour
    • Uber provides the insulated delivery bag

It is great do to on a scooter since you can slice through traffic easily and park anywhere vs cars.

Let me know if you need more info. Please use my referral code if you do decide to sign-up mrmhmevmue Big Smile

You'll hear and see alot of negativity but they are mainly from car drivers (scooter has traffic and parking advantage) and people who does Uber for a living saying it is crap, but hey $30+/hour in my pocket for my freetime, I can live with that. Yes there are tax implications blablabla but that is an individual circumstance and everyone is different. Also you get to deduct your bike expenses.

• 08-07-2016 06:18 PM In reply to

Are you doing this in Sydney?  I thought they just started in Melbourne... I might look into this; if you don't need to commit to any particular times and days I see no harm in signing up,

• 08-07-2016 09:35 PM In reply to

• REMPIT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-05-2012
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 14

Hey mate, I'm doing this in Melb. I think it's been around here for a few months already but I just got on to it 3 weeks ago. Yeah man flexi hours, you can do however many trips or hours you like. But if you're after the incentives then you might have to clock on a minimum hour during the busy times. By minimum I mean like 6-10 hours a week which is easily achievable. The incentive program varies everyweek.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au