Scooter
Community

still expensive

Last post 12-07-2016 07:23 PM by HB-Zip50. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2016 09:55 AM

still expensive

Hi all

For all the facts about Scooter sales dropping.  

and looking pretty bleak. 

Ive noticed the price isn't dropping for a maxi Scooter it will still cost as much as a decent Motorcycle and I can't understand if Scooters are in so much trouble why don't they bring down the prise? 

• 08-29-2016 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: still expensive

Hmm jpfvita link please ? Smile

Found some total sales figures for new scooters sold in Australia from 2003 to 2015 wonder how they correspond with fluctuation of fuel prices ?

Year  Number of new scooters sold

2003  4,116

2004  7,893

2005  10,242

2006  14,505

2007  14,271

2008  15,364

2009  10,398

2010  10,433

2011  11,374

2012  10,680

2013  9,478

2014  7,676

2015  5,389

Image result for rust scrap scooter

• 08-30-2016 12:06 PM In reply to

Wouldnt Mike Holland have a ball rumaging through that heap------bet you could possibly put together a reconditioned scooter with all those parts

riding for fun
  • 08-30-2016 12:55 PM In reply to

LOL yep as long as they have a pile of these as well Stick out tongue

Image result for tin can heap

• 08-30-2016 02:06 PM In reply to

Rod, if I had a welding kit and was proficient with it, I might be interested. But I must admit I would love to rummage through that lot.  I would be looking for the bits for a GS150, my dream restoration project.

Mike

• 09-02-2016 09:35 AM In reply to

I still remember many years ago when my 2 sons were in the boy scouts and they asked parents to come and sort the bottles they had collected

I volunteered and came across 3 bottles still sealed of french champagne -- It was later consumed and was an excellent drop

riding for fun
  • 09-02-2016 04:21 PM In reply to

Wink Must have been kiwis over the rainbow warrior incident Stick out tongue

Image result for rainbow warrior cartoon

• 09-03-2016 11:59 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Buying a Scooter is always going to be expensive to buy one .Big Smile

• 09-09-2016 01:56 PM In reply to

This is always going to be the issue with scooters.  I don't ever see it changing until the attitudes of people change.   All the motorbike riders I know have said on more than one occasion that they would never ride an auto.   I've said to them I don't ride the TMax because it's auto, I ride the TMax because it allows me to enjoy myself when I want to and when I need it to be practical and bring home some shopping it does that too.

Being honest, if I didn't need the practical side of things, I wouldn't be on a scooter either.  The TMax is like $14 to $15k new.  Whilst mine was being serviced the other day I sat on an XSR700 Yamaha.   RIde away it was $11k.   Looks better, goes better, sounds better, cheaper.   Scooters just can't compete based on shear numbers of bikes available and bikes sold.   My guess is because dealers sell more bikes they run small margins allowing reasonable prices.   Scooters don't have that luxury.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 09-09-2016 02:01 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Hi all

For all the facts about Scooter sales dropping.  

Still waiting for that link jpfvita Yes

and looking pretty bleak. 

Ive noticed the price isn't dropping for a maxi Scooter it will still cost as much as a decent Motorcycle and I can't understand if Scooters are in so much trouble why don't they bring down the prise? 

• 09-09-2016 04:37 PM In reply to

Sorry pyrah and everyone else I don't have a link the information did come from the net and afew mags I buy, two wheels and scooter, plus what I've read right here but what really got me going was the Scooter sales information you sent in pyrah seeing over the last ten years how badly things have become and then seeing how a good maxi will cost as much as alot of good Motorcycles of the same cc range. 

And alot of the time even moreo

• 09-09-2016 04:53 PM In reply to

Back again 

Just like to add abit about what zip said. 

I like how my maxi has so much storage also it's got 62 liters bloody great!  But where I differ is I do ride it so much because it's auto I ride it alot more than either of my bikes. 

Hell zip if I could afford a Tmax an auto with that power and handling I think my bikes would rot. 

• 09-09-2016 05:05 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Hell zip if I could afford a Tmax an auto with that power and handling I think my bikes would rot. 

Ha ha the man with multiple bikes wishing he had more. ha ha. 

I'll do you a good deal on mine.  Be good road trip back from WA to get used to it.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 09-10-2016 10:35 AM In reply to

If I traded all my bikes I still couldnt afford it, plus I doubt I could ride that far

I'M SAD VERY SAD

• 09-10-2016 11:13 AM In reply to

I dont know if its a macho thing to want to change gears or hear a louder exhaust but as time goes by I think more bikers will change to the auto scene like they did in cars years ago

I learnt to drive on an Austin A40 with a 4 speed gearbox Trying to get into reverse was an exercise in itself

I have driven Auto cars for roughly 50 years and wouldnt think of going back

Why lose concentration in changing gears when the machine does it for you

As for the louder exhaust ,that is only showing off and tryting to draw attention to yourself

Auto bikes will probably come quicker now especially with  intro of more electric bikes

riding for fun
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au