Scooter
Community

Armorall => Armorless ???

Last post 09-05-2016 06:42 PM by dbm. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2016 03:00 PM

Armorall => Armorless ???

Hi All,

You'll be happy to know my 'new' scooter now has two new Pirellis. Happy Days. BUT!! I have a problem! The lovely gent I bought the scooter from has done a great job detailing the scooter, but has (clearly) Armoralled the seat! As a result I keep sliding forward whenever I stop, which is a bit disconcerting. Does anyone know how I can un-Amorall the seat??? I'm not enjoying the experience much. Sad

Thanks!

Lizzie.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 08-31-2016 03:08 PM In reply to

Re: Armorall => Armorless ???

Thank you know what it's not on the tyres baby wipes might work or a mix of 50% water 50% metho sponged on Geeked

• 08-31-2016 03:17 PM In reply to

Hi Liz

It's not exactly the answer to your question but seat covers work pretty well one of my bikes came with one and I like it alot. 

• 08-31-2016 07:50 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

I have a cover like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Air-Mesh-Seat-Saddle-Cover-Pad-for-Motorbike-/182211794226?hash=item2a6cab5532:g:QBwAAOSwIgNXj1OC

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorbike-Scooter-Anti-slip-Breathable-Mesh-Seat-Saddle-Cover-84x50cm-/371387503334?hash=item56786b92e6:g:q0sAAOSwLVZVqffT

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60cm-x-26cm-Green-Skid-Resistance-Breathable-Mesh-Seat-Cover-for-CN-GN-Motorbike-/161821941819?hash=item25ad56e03b:g:kagAAOSwQPlV8ZeN

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 08-31-2016 08:42 PM In reply to

I'm with Pyrah on this....some kind of mild alcohol solution like he described could cut it

Aprilia 200ie
  • 08-31-2016 09:26 PM In reply to

Old folk swore by metho for many applications. From treating wounds to wiping clean skirting board. I would be more inclined to use Sunlight soap and water first. Sunlight soap, which is still availabale at the supermarket in cakes, in my experience, continues to be a wonder product. I use it for many applications from spot cleaning my carpet to spotting the grease and oil on my cycling jackets. Better results than solvent base products.

Leave it then in the sunlight to dry, but shade your instrument panel if you like, if you're fussy.

• 08-31-2016 10:21 PM In reply to

Thanks everyone. Aspro Boy, I do have a box of Sunlight soap, so will start there, then, if needed go to the metho.

Thank you all! Smile

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 09-01-2016 11:10 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Old folk swore by metho for many applications. From treating wounds to wiping clean skirting board.

And you can drink whatever you've got left in the bottle... Devil

• 09-02-2016 12:15 AM In reply to

ferrix:

aspro boy:

Old folk swore by metho for many applications. From treating wounds to wiping clean skirting board.

And you can drink whatever you've got left in the bottle... Devil

Poms will get the purple bit Stick out tongue

Image result for methylated spirit cartoon

• 09-02-2016 02:14 PM In reply to

..... and survive.

When I travelled extensively with my camper trailer, I sometimes swam in situations where I ended up with 'pelican itch' to my scalp. Also, sand flies would find happy housing in my thick hair, scalp. Drives you crazy with itch. So, remembering what my late father taught me about old folk liberal use of metho, I would pour generously metho through my hair to saturate my scalp. I can report that it provided reasonable relief.

Drinking the stuff could have taken crazy to a whole different level

• 09-02-2016 07:38 PM In reply to

Ah yes the Armoralled seat, I did that once.
    On the way to Bathurst for the bike races it made the broken concrete sections through Wallerawang very, very interesting.

• 09-03-2016 01:02 PM In reply to

LIZ

Image result for How did you get on

• 09-04-2016 10:30 AM In reply to

Having had 2 knee replacements and a right hip replacement ,I find if I armourall the hump in front of the seat it helps me throw my leg over easier with my sneekers on .On the seat it is also easier to reposition your bum if you have to --I hope that my topbox will save me if ever I slip back that far

riding for fun
  • 09-04-2016 11:47 AM In reply to

Nice to know it as its uses Rod Yes and as they say

Image result for one man's meat is another man's poison

• 09-04-2016 10:11 PM In reply to

Despite the fact I never did High School Chemistry, I'll have a go at this one.

Armorall is an oil based product, I'd go with Soap to remove it. Dishwashing liquid on a cloth, or the aforementioned cake of Laundry soap.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au