Scooter
Community

Sachs Amici 125 Engine Seized - To fix or not to fix

Last post 10-23-2016 07:35 PM by wombat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2016 05:27 PM

Sachs Amici 125 Engine Seized - To fix or not to fix

I went on a reasonably long ride on my Sachs Amici 125cc and the engine seized. It either oxidized the oil or just overheated. Anyway I'm wondering if it's worth fixing. I bought rebuild kit with a new cylinder and bore which is apparently a 200cc modification. It may need a modification of the engine case according to ebay in which case I might buy one that doesn't need this mod.

Anyway I'm wondering if the scooter is really just junk and wheteher I should bother spending time on it. Does anyone think a bit of penetrating oil down in the cylinder might free it up again with little effort?

If anyone is close to Bondi and wants to take it on for payment let me know. Racecourse motors quoted me $1200 to replace the engine and it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm also wondering what the engine is? Is it a GY6?

• 10-17-2016 09:16 PM In reply to

Re: Sachs Amici 125 Engine Seized - To fix or not to fix

What is the scooter worth maybe around $1000 and not a classic so personally would scrap and get something else

• 10-18-2016 04:47 AM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 842

Save your money, sell it for whatever you can get and buy a better brand. 

If you need it now. the start of the season limits prices.

If you can wait till winter, you might get a bargain.

My preference is for Yamaha or Honda brands because the quality is worth the extra cost.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 10-23-2016 07:35 PM In reply to

I wouldn't sink 1200 into it - you could buy a reasonable 2nd hand scooter for that kind of cash - Honda Lead, anything SYM, maybe a Yammy BWS100 for that 2 stroke scream.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au