Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Spray oaint

Last post 02-07-2017 03:49 PM by Giulio. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2017 05:13 PM

Spray oaint

Hi all hope holidays where safe an fun my question is how cans of spray paint to complete an entire Vespa px. Many thanks😎

• 01-09-2017 08:24 PM In reply to

Re: Spray Paint

Don't know exact numbers but will you need primer top coat and clearcoat Smile

• 01-10-2017 09:07 AM In reply to

Thanks pyrah I'll go with four and hope for at least two coats

• 01-10-2017 11:59 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

To paint a whole scooter, it needs to be properly prepared.

Then you'de need 4 cans of undercoat etch primer, then 6 cans of fill primer and 12 cans of color followed by four cans of clear.

All based on you having a smooth finish following expert preparation.

And it will probably look like crap.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 01-11-2017 10:37 AM In reply to

Why should it look like CRAP if he uses all those cans of spray on it --unless he is painting it nipple pink or lemon yellow

riding for fun
  • 02-05-2017 06:06 PM In reply to

you will get orange peel spraying out of cans sometimes the paints neary dry before it get to the panel your spraying try to spray in low humidity that seems to help and preperation is half the key l used 3 cans of undercoat 6 cans of emamel never used clearcoat on it hope this helps 

• 02-06-2017 12:41 AM In reply to

Thanks beakeyozz will bear that In mind and yes I know preparation is key have started with sander and will get to it with emery paper soon enough. Not too concerned with end result. A it's my first attempt. B. The finish I'm after doesn't need to be perfect. Under coat, primer and top coat will all be dealt with. To be honest at this stage it's the doing rather than the finished product, although I'm sure that will change soon enough. Thanks again for input and advice😎

• 02-06-2017 10:36 AM In reply to

Top marks for having a go -as Malcolm Turnbull would say "thats initative ".If it finishes looking like SH---T then dont worry because it will fit right in with the way the world is going these days

riding for fun
  • 02-06-2017 11:29 AM In reply to

dont know if this pic worked 

• 02-06-2017 12:05 PM In reply to

Thanks Rod yes kts face it even if I get the thing working chances are they'll become illegal before I can register and ride. Thanks beakeyozz no pic didn't work😎

• 02-07-2017 08:49 AM In reply to

You don't want to spray in this hot weather, because the paint dries too fast and doesn't have time to flow together for a nice gloss finish. .Had this problem with some of my models, and I paint in the evening rather than in the heat of the sun. 

But once it is touch dry, the sun is good for baking it.

Edit: doesn't matter for the undercoats.

• 02-07-2017 09:21 AM In reply to

Thanks Mike good advice will keep that in mind😎

• 02-07-2017 10:17 AM In reply to

Have a search for rattle can spraying for tips from the USA 

• 02-07-2017 11:00 AM In reply to

When you have finished on the VESPA there are still plenty of railway carriages to practice on--inside and out  

riding for fun
  • 02-07-2017 12:51 PM In reply to

Funny you should say that Rod last week in WA a train about 1 km long past and every ore tub was covered in graffiti 

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au