Scooter
Community

Urgent Question About Scooter Battery

Last post 01-10-2017 10:12 PM by pyrah. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2017 09:24 AM

Urgent Question About Scooter Battery

Hi,

I am a little bit worried about my battery. I bought a cheap charger from ebay. It is supposed to change from red to green when the battery is fully charged.

Two days ago, I had to put quite a bit of water into my battery. So I thought that since my battery was dead flat and in need of water, that it would take longer than normal. Normal being around 10 hours, according to the ebay shop/site. But after a bit over 24 hours, with the light still on red, I took it off the charge.

My question is the following. I can now hear a feint rice bubbles in milk sound coming from the battery. Even though the charger was taken off about 10 hours ago. I know it is normal for a battery to bubble when charging. But, is it normal for a battery to make a very feint rice bubbles in milk sound, when it isn't charging, several hours after being taken off the charger?

Thank you fo your help,

Benson.

• 01-10-2017 06:00 PM In reply to

Re: Urgent Question About Scooter Battery

The Rice bubbles in milk is possibly the acid boiling. I think the problem is your cheap ebay charger pushing too much current into the battery (Car chargers typically run at 2 amps or more. Scooter batteries won't take more than 1 amp without damage) 

I'd say you've killed the battery - any car battery shop should be able to test it. What scooter/battery do you have?

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 01-10-2017 08:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

Oh dear. Yes the charger was 2.1 amp. Didn't know that was too much. The battery is a Taiwan brand, GS. Model number CB9L-B2. 12 volt. The scooter is a TGB bullet 50.

Benson.

• 01-10-2017 10:12 PM In reply to

Yep nothing that a new battery won't fix also get a one amp battery tender for next time . Chances are the battery was cactus from being left flat  and dry for too long in the first place 

Image result for GS. Model number CB9L-BMB9U is the  equivalent $87 on ebay Image result for mb9u motobatt

MOTOBATT-12V-1AMP-LITTLE-BOY-BATTERY-CHARGER-TENDER-suit-MOTORCYCLES-JET-SKIS charger around $64 on ebay

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au