Scooter
Community

Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

Last post 03-25-2017 10:14 PM by aspro boy. 81 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (82 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2017 10:00 PM

Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

I see the 2017 Honda SH 150i ABS now appears on the Honda Motorcycles Australia -scooters- web site, included with the existing scooter line-up. No official release, though. Must be close.

Also, the new Honda bobber is now listed in another category. 

• 02-13-2017 10:26 PM In reply to

Re: Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

Magic wasn't there last week Yes click

Image result for Honda SH 150i

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 02-16-2017 10:38 PM In reply to

Here we go aspro boy story taken from here 

NEWS16 FEB 2017

Honda Australia bolsters commuter range with one of Europe’s favourites

Honda SH150 scooter set to arrive in Australian dealers this March.

One of Europe’s most popular scooters, the Honda SH150, is coming will enter the Australian market this March with the fun and fuss-free commuter to be priced at a recommended retail price of $4999.

With LED lighting, large glovebox which houses a 12V power socket and with all the ease and convenience that you come to expect from a scooter, the SH150 is just the machine to beat the rat race day in, day out.

The 153cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled two-valve engine is a masterpiece of mass centralisation. The radiator, rather than being mounted at the front of the machine has been built into the engine itself for a much simpler and lighter layout.

With a focus on efficiency and engine performance, the SH150s PGM-FI settings and key fuel-saving technology including Idle Stop coupled with an easy to handle chassis, make for an ultimately practical commuter.

Fitted with Honda’s Combined Braking System (CBS) and lightweight 16-inch aluminium die-cast wheels, the SH150 has a sure-footed handling ability and stability on a variety of road surfaces.

To make daily life on board the SH150 that little bit more convenient, it is fitted with the Honda Smart Key system. The Smart Key itself resides in the rider’s pocket and does away with the need to constantly insert and withdraw a key for ignition, fuel cap and seat.

Available in Pearl Dark Ash Green and Pearl Jasmine White, head to your local Honda dealer, call 1300 1 HONDA or visit www.hondamotorcycles.com.au for more information.

• 02-17-2017 06:06 AM In reply to

The old model was a nice little machine and this new one sounds very good indeed . 

In most Cases cant really go wrong with a honda and i suppose one of todays 150cc engines would be as powerful as the 250 that i have in my spacy maybe more so .

• 02-17-2017 05:54 PM In reply to

Interesting that no mention of ABS. You might think this a core selling feature. I doubt you (or I) will get much change from 6k, if at all. Down on power @10.9kw from earlier models @11.5kw, but it should be a sharp ride with it's long pedigree and development.

Not sure that it will be quicker off the mark than the old Spacy CH 250. This was my first scooter that transitioned me away from motorbikes. I liked that the Spacy was a visual sleeper until you departed from the lights. My reflective take on the Spacy is that it was a compact sloppy city grunt bucket.

• 02-17-2017 07:32 PM In reply to

This and Piaggio 150 medley...very similar!

Aprilia 200ie
  • 02-17-2017 08:41 PM In reply to

Yep think both designed in ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy ๐Ÿ˜Š

• 02-18-2017 11:35 AM In reply to

aspro boy:

Interesting that no mention of ABS. You might think this a core selling feature. I doubt you (or I) will get much change from 6k, if at all. Down on power @10.9kw from earlier models @11.5kw, but it should be a sharp ride with it's long pedigree and development.

Not sure that it will be quicker off the mark than the old Spacy CH 250. This was my first scooter that transitioned me away from motorbikes. I liked that the Spacy was a visual sleeper until you departed from the lights. My reflective take on the Spacy is that it was a compact sloppy city grunt bucket.

Feck no ABS and only 12 months warranty belive europe get's italian built ones and we from china Angry

ENGINE

ENGINE TYPE Liquid-cooled 4-stroke SOHC single
    BORE AND STROKE 58mm x 57.9mm
    COMPRESSION RATIO 10:6
    CARBURATION PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
    IGNITION Digital transistorised with electronic advance
    STARTER Electric
    TRANSMISSION V-Matic continuously variable

FRAME

DIMENSIONS 2,034mm x 740mmm x 1,158mm (l/w/h)
    WHEEL BASE 1,340mm
    SEAT HEIGHT 799mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE 144mm
    FUEL CAPACITY 7.5 litres
    KERB WEIGHT 137.3kg
    COLOUR OPTIONS Pearl Jasmine White, Pearl Dark Ash Green

TYRES

FRONT 100/80 16-inch
    REAR 120/80 16-inch

SUSPENSION

FRONT 33mm telescopic fork; 89mm travel
    REAR Duel-damper unit swingarm; 83mm travel

BRAKES

FRONT 220mm x 4mm hydraulic disc with dual-piston calliper, drilled rotor and sintered metal pads
    REAR 130mm leading/trailing drum

WARRANTY

WARRANTY PERIOD 12 months
  • 02-18-2017 09:53 PM In reply to

Today the dealer informs me more like April in showrooms. Also out the door for about $6k. If these are the specs for the model Aus.will receive, as supplied by you Pyrah, then we are getting a watered down version to sell at a price point. I have viewed extensively over the last months nearly all the SE Asia clips for the 2017 SH150, plus reviews I could translate, and have not seen this poor cousin. When the inclusive model was released in SEA it was released at a higher price point than was anticipated, almost line ball with the Medley, which sells here for $6.3k. I don't think these upgraded SEA machines are manufactured in Italy, but the Honda SEA plant; Thailand or Vietnam?

I wouldn't be paying $6k for 150cc, something with a rear drum brake, no ABS, short service intervals and 12 months warranty. The world has moved on.

The Dio is not broken. It is almost indecent how much I enjoy the pep and usefulness of this 108cc machine (with 2 years warranty), within the bounded territory that is its comfort zone. If the SH is a fizzer, for me, it presents me with the excuse to keep the Dio whilst also moving toward the new Vespa GTS 150 iget four valve. I could justify these two scoots with their points of difference. 

• 02-18-2017 10:36 PM In reply to

We will see what Honda says to this email Big Smile

Hi there Honda

Just looking at the new SH150 scooter the web site says 12 months warranty while your other scooters have a 24 months warranty is this a misprint

Yours sincerely Pyrah

Interesting Honda site here of all there plants and what is made there click

• 02-19-2017 12:05 AM In reply to

Gee pyrah,

good link....even Da Phils !

that whole nation moves on the XRM 125.

http://www.hondaph.com/product/motorcycle/cubs/XRM125-Dual-Sport/

Ok, so this is not a Honda but it's clearly a scooter and me in Da Phils

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-DlcqAjzPs&t=26s

Aprilia 200ie
  • 02-19-2017 03:07 PM In reply to

aspro boy:
    The Dio is not broken.

There is nothing wrong with PCX150 either and frankly I see no compelling reason to pick one over the other. Well... I suppose there is nothing wrong with having a choice either :)

• 02-19-2017 03:28 PM In reply to

"I wouldn't be paying $6k for 150cc, something with a rear drum brake, no ABS, short service intervals and 12 months warranty. The world has moved on"...

Absolutely Asp...and throw the proven Fly 150 into the mix and less $$ as well

Aprilia 200ie
  • 02-19-2017 08:36 PM In reply to

I do recognize the PCX 150 is a great unit, but I'm not personally sold on the styling. I ran, and loved, at the time, a YP 250 Yamaha Majesty, which shared similar styling, adjusting for passing years. I am passed that look, comfortable as it was. The ubiquitous Fly certainly has proven itself, but again this styling does not grab me.

So if the current listed specs for the forthcoming SH150 are correct, then we are being asked to pay an extra $1k for Smart Key technology and 16" wheels over the PCX. And for a reported Chinese built machine. Hmm. I would much rather something manufactured in one of the SEA plants (if it can't be built in Japan). Also, it will make the technical refinements of the Medley appear as good value.

I think it is just a wait and see game now.

• 02-20-2017 02:56 PM In reply to

Well here is the prompt reply Sad

Honda Australia Customer Service <customer.relations@hondampe.com.au>

Reply|
    Today, 12:56
    You
    Dear Mr Pyrah,

Thank you for your correspondence with Honda Australia regarding the SH150 scooter.

Honda Australia can confirm the warranty period for the SH150 is 12 months.

Please note that warranties can vary from product to product and we advise continuing to visit our website for the most up to date details.

Thank you once again for your correspondence.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to email or call on 1300 559 846.

Kind Regards,

Jenny
Page 1 of 6 (82 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au