Scooter
Community

Vespa Front Suspension

Last post 02-27-2017 12:31 PM by aspro boy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2017 05:30 PM

Vespa Front Suspension

This should probably appear in tech talk, but i wanted to capture the attention of those in the know.

I have become intrigued as to what is happening with the once lauded ESS front suspension (on the outgoing Vespa Sprint, GTS 250FL, GTS 300 Super, etc.). Reviewers claims, at the time, stated that it was a revolution in stabilizing front end handling characteristics for these scoots.

So, looking at the new Euro 4 Sprint iGET the ESS is nowhere to be seen (there is only talk about new front suspension: YSS?; the Euro 4 2017 GTS Super and GTS Super Touring also don't appear to incorporate the ESS. So what's going on?

• 02-26-2017 06:41 PM In reply to

Re: Vespa Front Suspension

Yes, it is baffling. They seem to have dropped it. I have read that there were complaints of a clunking sound from the new suspension, but I haven't experienced it with mine. There were also complaints about handlebar wobble with the old suspension, but I never experienced that with my 250 either. I am/was quite happy with both. 

This conundrum has been debated on many of the Vespa forums that I frequent, but no one has any answers.

Mike 

• 02-26-2017 08:15 PM In reply to

Thanks Mike. I have seen that you are connected to a Vespa forum, so hoped there might be some open discussions about this. All I can say is . ... hmm.

The only reference I have read in relation to the latest front suspension (Euro 4) is coigning the word 'improved' and YSS - - - sales graffiti. 

But attempting to understand this, and I am seeking your confirmation, the YSS was the pre-existing type suspension that might have undergone a parts quality upgrade?

• 02-26-2017 11:41 PM In reply to

Devil Is it improved as in profit margin as i believe YSS is a Thai firm Angel

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-27-2017 09:59 AM In reply to

Mixing Thai with Italian is like having a Curried Spagheti

I dont know how my gastric juices would accept such a mixture

I think it would make my wheels wobble

riding for fun
  • 02-27-2017 12:31 PM In reply to

Ha ha .. Aussie larrikin humour again. But there is a lot of passionate debate, I now read, about this issue. For some it is not a problem, but for others, having parted with good money with the specific intention of a ride improvement upgrade over their previous unit, it is a real pisser - they are experiencing definite problems (as reported). The deep annoyance to some is the complete absense of ANY explaination or reasoning from Piaggio for its deletion - now you see it, now you don't.

I'm often drawn to the responses from Stromrider which, to me, are considered and reasoned - says it will make a re-appearance with the 2018 model, but re-engineered.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au