Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Random.....

Last post 03-27-2017 10:49 PM by pyrah. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2017 01:26 PM

Random.....

Just a few random point that may interest.....

1. I tested the 350 Bev. Nice ! It felt fine. Imust admit, I could not see $9000+ in it. I read that the seat was a bit low/cramped for big guys...I had no problem. When I went to racecourse Motors 1st time, they had no Bevs but they had a TGB of similar size at approx $5000. Well, as they say, it's the quick and the dead..It was gone when I returned.

Aspro, I note now on Raceourse webbie and in their shop  that they are all Italian , guzzi, Vespa, Piaggio Aprilia...Bit of a change from CF Moto.

"Estate"?? I've recently seen some Chinese Vespa Knocks off called  "Estate" 150 ..They look more like a Vespa than a Vespa does.  the actual brand...i've seen two "Zoot or Zoom' , I forget and Vmoto..I can only find a 50cc on line ..I dunno.

Of course, the way the Chinese change names and ditributors, it could be the same company.Probably sold by some guy with a lock-up in the back of an industrial estate but, they really looked the goods !

Helmet cleaning...yes, i said that this was a random post. recently hit the old Arai exterior with some cheap bathroom cream cleanser....came up an absolute treat! 

OK

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-06-2017 01:45 PM In reply to

Re: Random.....

Chinese branded vespa look alikes will have more brand names around the world than there are Donald Trump supporters

Good stuff is that white cream cleaner followed by a spray of Mr Sheen if the fancy takes you Yes

Image result for Mr Sheen

Random lines was a good colum in Two Wheels magazine in the late 1980s writen by the MZ riding late Jeff Fereday

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 03-06-2017 06:01 PM In reply to

HHmm, Mr Sheen...I like it ! helmet came up well, but no real shine to it...Mr Sheen might do it!

Speaking of spray products, when I have the energy, I take out the inserts and wash them . When I'm lazy, a quick blast of Glen 20 kills any sweaty odours, Ifind. 

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-06-2017 09:58 PM In reply to

I am reminded of something Darryl of Scooterworld (Redfern) said to me after I purchased my Dio; 'It's so much easier when you're selling a bit of quality'. Customers get 'ticked' if they buy poorly supported trouble, but it's also a huge problem for a retailer constantly needing to support or appease a disgruntled customer. Places a huge dent in their constructive time and business operating costs.

As soon as the weather breaks I will ride across to again view what Racecourse Motors (Alex & Allen) are holding as floor stock.

Still keen to see the newly landed SH150, though ( I want to see what tyres are on it to establish whether the whole package is the poor mans version). I see the Honda web page promotes the PCX 150 as having a latest development rubberized drive belt. I wonder if this has flowed through to their other quality scooters? 

• 03-06-2017 10:02 PM In reply to

.... I clean a lot of things with Mr.Sheen, including my pushies, as per a recommendation I read about years ago. 

• 03-07-2017 12:10 PM In reply to

Mr Sheen was a  copycat product produced by Samuel Taylor (the Mortein people )

Johnson Wax led the way with Pledge which was a water based silicone wax furniture polish which was absolutely marvelous on most surfaces

Mr Sheen followed but had an oily base and didnt shine as brightly and often left a streaky finish  

riding for fun
  • 03-07-2017 09:45 PM In reply to

You've jogged my memory with the product Pledge. Seems a most unlikely product name (except in the context of a pledge to revitalize your furnishings). So, does it answer the old question of 'whats in a name?'

• 03-07-2017 10:29 PM In reply to

Pledge was and still is a popular brand in the UK and possibly now sold around the world

Image result for pledge polish 1950s

• 03-15-2017 06:22 PM In reply to

Last visit on 7-3-17 what is the old big fella up to ?

Image result for old fella on scooter

• 03-15-2017 10:39 PM In reply to

Furniture polish is excellent on visors to prevent fogging as well.
    I use the spray can 'Pledge' on mine, I have no idea if it is any relation to the alchemists bottles above.

• 03-15-2017 11:11 PM In reply to

gunnabuild1:

Furniture polish is excellent on visors to prevent fogging as well.
    I use the spray can 'Pledge' on mine, I have no idea if it is any relation to the alchemists bottles above.

Also try Brasso for polishing out visor scratches Big Smile Devil or strain through bread as a refreshing drink Stick out tongue Image result for Brasso

• 03-16-2017 05:29 PM In reply to

I can't but see a can of Brasso and not be reminded of my school cadet days. Prior to leaving for scheduled camp(s), we would front the armory to be issued with our .303 rifles, minus the bolt, and travel home on public transport (for me this was a considerable distance by train and bus) with our rifles slung over our shoulder. Can you imagine that in the modern world? Rifles to be meticulously cleaned at home. The bolt was then issued at camp. Brasso on all those webbing buckles; and their was a product that put a mirror finish on your boots. I know as I saw it on the boots of others ......hehe

• 03-16-2017 05:46 PM In reply to

Parade Gloss, Air Force Cadet here.
    Gough apparently removed the .303's so we couldn't hurt ourselves, finally someone was thinking of the children.
    We had to wait till we were on base before we could play with SLR's and for some reason at one stage we used .22's for target practice.
    I'm glad I did it when I had the chance, I suspect I wouldn't recognise what they do now.
    I suspect they no longer do midnight compass marches over fields of abandoned and open mineshafts or rappel ? out of helicopters after an unknown Raafie simply says "Want a go ?"

• 03-16-2017 08:50 PM In reply to

...ha ha, got to love it. But it was the interschool war games where the combatants (kids) were issued with numerous real blanks, to enhanse realism, that blows my memory away. What were they thinking? Victory went to the patrols with the most captures or 'scores'. So what are you going to do when you grow up!

• 03-16-2017 09:53 PM In reply to

Me i became a submariner just remembered we cleaned windows with brasso on scrunched up newspaper 

Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au