Scooter
Community

SWM (motorcycles) road test

Last post 06-03-2017 08:50 PM by aspro boy. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2017 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: SWM (motorcycles) road test

yeah, they really look the goods though.....mind U , when I think back, royal enfields weren't much back in the day.

i recall folks yearning for say, a Norton Commando or a Matchless "Comp" model, or a  BSA Gold Star...no-one was in lust with Royal Enfield

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-28-2017 02:16 PM In reply to

martindemo:

yeah, they really look the goods though.....mind U , when I think back, royal enfields weren't much back in the day.

i recall folks yearning for say, a Norton Commando or a Matchless "Comp" model, or a  BSA Gold Star...no-one was in lust with Royal Enfield

RE Yep bread and butter models Big Smile

• 03-28-2017 05:43 PM In reply to

It is incredible to the extent Royal Enfield are pushing the lifestyle concept. Not the only manufacturer to do so. They must have been good-ol-days, and I can attest to the fact they were. But they were not all good-ol-machines, though.

• 03-28-2017 06:02 PM In reply to

A new SR500 with electric start and a few personalized changes, would be a good thing. There must be a capacity restriction in other markets that keeps the current SR to less than 400.

They were popular in the Japanese domestic market long before they brought them back in, a lot of 'cafe' builder types were importing and Yamaha decided to bring them in themselves.
    I assumed the 400 was because the licence system in Japan is two tier you can hold a licence for a bike up to 400cc but to step up to the next level is apparently quite difficult and seriously expensive and even then 750 is the highest capacity available on the domestic market.
    No pillion and a blanket speed limit of 80k's from what I can tell.
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    I could still be tempted but the styling of the SR just looks a little off to me, it just has a touch of the plastic chopper look to me.
    But on the bright side when the cafe wank.......whoops I mean fad has passed there may be a couple of unmolested SR's on the pre loved market.
    I was a cafe fan when my riding friends didn't even know what it meant, now, except for the very rare example I'm well and truly over it, has the world forgotten that sometimes less is more ?

• 03-29-2017 07:53 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

It is incredible to the extent Royal Enfield are pushing the lifestyle concept. Not the only manufacturer to do so. They must have been good-ol-days, and I can attest to the fact they were. But they were not all good-ol-machines, though.

You're not wrong there Smile

Image result for royal enfield boutique

• 03-29-2017 08:39 PM In reply to

Darryl at Scooterworld told me that there are four models in the SWM 440 line-up. The last of them is delayed, the other three being here, but there has been some increased interest in the last model to arrive. ? Twin something or other

• 03-29-2017 09:33 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Darryl at Scooterworld told me that there are four models in the SWM 440 line-up. The last of them is delayed, the other three being here, but there has been some increased interest in the last model to arrive. ? Twin something or other

Looks like all these on the OZ web site click

• 03-29-2017 10:07 PM In reply to

That's the one he mentioned, the Superdual, and I stand corrected, it being a 600

• 03-29-2017 10:16 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

That's the one he mentioned, the Superdual, and I stand corrected, it being a 600

Yep $9990 + orc Image result for swm superdual

Engine

Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve single cylinder four-stoke

Capacity

600cc

Bore & Stroke

100 x 76.4mm

Transmission

6-Speed

Clutch

Wet multi-plate with hydraulic control

Ignition

GET

Fuel System

Mikuni D45 EFI

Start

Electric

Front Suspension

45mm USD Fastace fork

Rear Suspension

Sachs adjustable shock

Wheels

Front: 110/80-19inch, Rear: 140/80-17inch

Seat Height

860mm

Wheel Base

1495mm

Fuel Capacity

19 litres

Weight

159kg

• 03-30-2017 08:47 AM In reply to

Not a bad looking machine. And 159kg is a good weight to manage off-road. But you would need to add the carry on weight of a step ladder to board the saddle at 860. Definetely one for taller riders.

• 04-29-2017 11:24 AM In reply to

• Fredy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2015
    • Perth
    • Posts 15

If somebody in Perth is interested in the Superdual visit Mike at Quads N'Bikes on Wanneroo Road in Wanneroo. He's got a Superdual display model you can sit on.

Latest information they have been shipped out of Italy in the last few days and are on their way due to arrive on our shores by the end of May approximately. 

• 04-29-2017 11:28 AM In reply to

• Fredy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2015
    • Perth
    • Posts 15

Just a bit eye candy...

Our shop ride, the SWM Silver Vase 440 with custom paint. What do you guys think?

SWM Silver Vase Special

• 04-29-2017 12:47 PM In reply to

Fredy guessing the boss of Ace scooters that took over from Steve ? welcome aboard Big Smile

• 04-29-2017 01:03 PM In reply to

• Fredy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2015
    • Perth
    • Posts 15

Thanks Pyrah, much appreciated :-) 

I took over from Steve more than 2 years ago but been sloppy on my side in regards to forum contributions I must admit Sad  I really intend to take a bit more time for that now...  It's a great forum and knowledge base for people looking into scooters and the like, but it's always as good as people are contributing isn't it. 

• 05-02-2017 12:15 PM In reply to

I really like this one, though I'm actually in the market for a dualsport - this 'scrambler' could just suit my needs (tar / dirt road touring, nothing too gnarly). The price is right, whereas the superdual price ($11K on road?) may be that bit too much for me. While I had my Vespa GTS in for its 10K service at Graeme Morris in Newcastle I saw a couple on the floor (I think Mojo imports these and Daelims and Graeme used to sell Daelims) . I didnt pay too much attention to these bikes at the time but since looking at the website specs and reading reviews, I reckon it would be nice if the Silver Vase came with the superior suspension of the Gran Milano model. For an overview of feel/quality/features of this suite of swm models, I thought this review of the Gran Milano was interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2h0IN1he0 .

Whats the suspension like Fredy? Any accessories available?

I like 'em.

Honda Spacy - 54,000 kms
    Vespa 150 Super (for restoration)
    Daelim S1 - 640 kms
    Piaggio X7 - 27,000 kms
    Vespa GTS 300 - see how this goes
Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au