Scooter
Community

New Piaggio Medley 150 - What do riders think and how do they compare?

Last post 05-09-2017 11:05 PM by chicaboo. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2017 12:56 PM

• Fredy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2015
    • Perth
    • Posts 11

New Piaggio Medley 150 - What do riders think and how do they compare?

Does anyone here ride the new Piaggio Medley 150?

I would be interested in feedback from owners and riders what they think of it:

• Large wheel mid capacity scooter with state of the art features
    • Euro 4 155cc liquid cooled engine
    • 2-channel ABS (front & rear)
    • Automatic stop/start
    • Fits 2 full face helmets under the seat
    • USB charger standard
    • plus more...
    Piaggio Medley 150

• 05-01-2017 10:07 PM In reply to

Re: New Piaggio Medley 150 - What do riders think and how do they compare?

I'll pick up with this; everyone enjoys a response. I need confess that I have not ridden the Medley, but have maintained an interest in the sub 200cc category over the last few years, so was anticipating the Medley 150 arrival to our shores. 

I have only sighted four examples of this scoot since the release which, given I live in Scooterville, such that it now is with diminishing overall scooter sales, is still surprising. The fourth example was sighted only yesterday. Of interest, though, was the third example (white n tan), which I pulled up alongside at traffic lights several months ago. I then asked the very dapper 40ish rider for impressions of his new ride, 'love it, very good scooter' came back to me in strong Italian English. 'My father and I both ride SH150s in Italy, but I ring my father and tell him buy one of these'. Asking after the sale price he stated $6k ride away was paid from the local dealer as he also purchased some riding accessories. The lights turned green.

You would have to think that Piaggio needed to straddle a high bar with performance and features to capture those buyers, and other, that had been historical Honda SH buyers. One of the possible limitations, one shared with the Honda alternative, is a seat height at 799, which would eliminate a percentage of buyers. This scoot does tick a few boxes with latest generation technology.

• 05-02-2017 11:40 AM In reply to

Think $6000 150cc scooters must be a niche market for the well healed inner city dweller . Certainly in SA  only  2 piaggio dealers both in Adelaide so i can't see many sales outside the capitol

• 05-02-2017 06:08 PM In reply to

I think you are right Pyrah. Also, botton end big brand utility scooters are just getting better, so if you just want covenience why not settle there.

New car pricing for small urban cars are also compeditively priced. Most of the major players have a financing arm that can also influence tipping buyers in that direction.

The only contradiction to all this is with Vespa, as a brand. Sales are there to validate this. It is difficult to imagine that a new Vespa 150 iget Sprint @$7400 ride away will be similar in price to the near to be released 2017 KTM 390 Duke. Like placing a kitten in the middle of a cat fight. But there are many examples of 150 Vespa scoots out there that stretch back over the last 14 years. And they were expensive then. A lot sit in the street, without covers.

The new Duke looks interesting, upgraded. 

• 05-08-2017 09:32 AM In reply to

gee, I like the look. Like Aspro, I have seen very few....probably the same ones! The look is a little "beverly"....not a bad thing and specs are good too.

At that price, you would wonder...remind how much is the Honda 125 cc motorbike?

I was wondering why Aprilia are dropping the 200 Scarab...this could be why.

yes, seat height could be a problem for some: I know that I need the over 800 seat height that the Scarab provides.

Cheaper?? I'd consider one in a big way

Aprilia 200ie
  • 05-08-2017 10:24 AM In reply to

CBR125E $2390 otr in SA Grom is now $3290 otr

• 05-08-2017 07:03 PM In reply to

The Beverly, Medley and 2017 Piaggio Liberty all share the same style DNA. When I wandered into RCM showroom several weeks ago, from a nose-on position, I was not sure if I was looking at the Beverly or Medley. Closer inspection was required.

I'm reminded of what Darryl at Scooterworld (Close Motorcycles) said to me some time back, 'It's much easier to sell quality'. Also, if Piaggio Australia have an established large footprint, here, with their Flys and the Vespa brand, providing good dealer support for the Medley also will make it attractive over other brands. I have read numerous reports by end users about Aprilia scooters that cite poor product support. The dealer has to wear this, which is costly to him in numerous ways. ENOUGH. It might also be reasonable to say the Medley is latest generation scootering.

I have noted that there are increasing numbers of pre-loved Groms showing up. So is the novelty over for some. They cut a small road-presence signiture.

• 05-08-2017 07:40 PM In reply to

• Fredy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2015
    • Perth
    • Posts 11

FYI Aprilia support was probably not thay good everywhere in the past because of a different importer and different dealers. Now since late 2016 all Piaggio brands incl Aprilia (and Moto Guzzi for that) are under one roof. This should improve the situation for Aprilia owners. At Ace we always stocked Piaggio, Vespa & Aprilia and have happy customers with each brand (a big thanks to them at this stage!!).

• 05-09-2017 11:05 PM In reply to

• chicaboo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-26-2015
    • Logan.qld.au
    • Posts 30

I prefer scooters with the forward angled​ foot ramp so that I can stretch my legs out or brace myself down a hill.

White 2012 Honda PCX 150:
    + Realize Blink s/s exhaust
    + Dr Pulley 11+13g sliders #SR2015
    + YSS G-Euro XL red shocks
    + 5W Cree projector position lights
    + Matte black meter panels
    - World Walk smoked long screen
    + Daytona reinforced CVT belt
    + PowerbyPCX Type1 carbon seat
    + K&N panel filter #HA-1213
    + MAX INC mirror extenders
    + MiniMoto 220mm Grom rotor