Scooter
Community

Can you sell a scooter to someone who has a foreign license?

Last post 05-06-2017 07:28 PM by Mike Holland. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2017 05:25 PM

• isaac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-20-2011
    • Posts 13

Can you sell a scooter to someone who has a foreign license?

Hi, about to sell my scooter and the person interested only has a Colombian driver's license. Is it possbile to transfer ownership or must he obtain an Australian license?

I've had a look at the online notice of disposal and it requires a license number - not sure if it will take a foreign license?

Thanks in advance,

Isaac 

• 05-04-2017 06:11 PM In reply to

Re: Can you sell a scooter to someone who has a foreign license?

Don't think a problem as people without a licence can own a vehicle just make sure they fill in your part of rego form and hand over to the appropriate organisation in your state asap . 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 05-05-2017 07:32 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 830

It might pay to take them to the registration office to help them complete the transfer.

Put their passport information including a copy on the sale documents. Keep copies for your protection.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 05-05-2017 07:48 PM In reply to

Rego is a State by State set of rules and regulations. Where are you? As far as ideas and advice,I second what INMA said. Take the buyer into a Rego office with you and keep copies of all the paperwork.

Online is sometimes only set up to deal with the easiest and common situations, all else may require a person who has access to the whole system, and usually their supervisor who has slightly more of an idea of the solutions than the trained monkeys at the front counter.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 05-06-2017 07:28 PM In reply to

I have just bought a new car, but have registered it in my wife's name, so that we get free pensioners rego on it. I get the free rego on the scooter. She has a brain tumour that affects her vision, and doesn't drive anymore. The owner doesn't have to be the driver.

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au