Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Honda EV-CUB

Last post 07-24-2017 04:27 PM by martindemo. 46 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2017 06:49 PM

Honda EV-CUB

Looks like will be going into production in 2018 first concept was shown in 2009 then again in 2015

Image result for ev cub

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-26-2017 08:35 PM In reply to

Re: Honda EV-CUB

I wonder if a prototype will be on display at the Sydney Motorcycle Show. I did see my first Zero motorcycle parked in the street at Bondi Junction last week (red). An electric scooter went up Bondi Rd. today as I was cycling in the same direction.

It WILL be interesting to see last quarter scooter sales figures when they are released. If you happen past Scooterworld at Redfern as frequently as I do you might be forgiven for thinking there is a market segment slowdown when sighting the number of smaller scoots that go out the door; Suzuki Address, Honda Dio. According to Darryl these scooters sell predominantely to first time utilitarian riders, not core riders as such.

• 06-27-2017 01:44 PM In reply to

yes asps,

I wonder if their proximity to techs and unis means they get a lot of students and the like looking for cheap, as u say utilitarian , transport..I wonder too if cashed up folks may not buy a Zero just out of curiosity value and brand name.

Is it just me and my age or does the idea of a Japanese company calling a product a "Zero" seem a bit dodgy in the light of WWII?

I cant imagine mercedes releasing a car called a Stuka.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-27-2017 04:52 PM In reply to

Jaguar had to drop the SS badge Smile

Related image

Wink winning is ok we had our spitfire and mustang cars ect 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-27-2017 10:41 PM In reply to

Yes Pyrah, that is true.

i did not know that the original Jag -SS logo looked so much like a Nazi medal!

that's scary!

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-27-2017 10:54 PM In reply to

Yep, there was the Triumph Spitfire.

The word "Triumph" makes it even worse, kinda rubbing their noses in it. 

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-28-2017 12:05 AM In reply to

Yep and Triumph was founded by Siegfried Bettmann who originated from Nuremberg Big Smile There were also TWN (Triumph werke Nuremberg) established in 1903 to build Triumphs in  germany . Triumph cars and Motorcycles went their separate ways in 1936

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-28-2017 09:52 AM In reply to

The Zero motorbike comes up as an American product. I agree with the cashed up folk sentiment, as when passing this Zero I did wonder who would be buying a motorbike of this type. A small flush of admiration did arise for someone who would step over the edge for technological revolution.

And that would be a Mitsubishi Zero, and there are plenty of Mitsubishi badged vehicles rolling their stuff.

• 06-28-2017 12:32 PM In reply to

Yep Mitsubishi silver pigeon was a little less threatening Stick out tongue

Image result for Mitsubishi Silver Pigeon

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-28-2017 03:33 PM In reply to

Believe Zero is pulling out of Australia for the second time 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-28-2017 05:23 PM In reply to

This is great history you bring to our attention. I see the Mitsy scooter is nominated as one of the 240 landmarks of Japanese technology. Later competing with the Fuji Rabbit and Honda Juno.

• 06-28-2017 05:35 PM In reply to

Thats an interesting scoot, Pyrah..weird but interesting. 

Who sacrifices a second seat for a storage space as big as a lunch box?

Re design, i see bits of Euro and even a bit of the USA Cushman in the look.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-28-2017 05:41 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Thats an interesting scoot, Pyrah..weird but interesting. 

Who sacrifices a second seat for a storage space as big as a lunch box?

Re design, i see bits of Euro and even a bit of the USA Cushman in the look.

NSU Lambretta perhaps ?

Image result for nsu lambretta scooter

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-28-2017 06:16 PM In reply to

OMG Pyrah.....ya got that!

Were there no copyright/patent laws back then??

Ok , so the Jap one has three inexplicable holes in the rear panel instead of the two seen in the original.....and a few other little things....but it's a copy nonetheless.

Of course, Mitzi could have paid for the tooling, just as Datsun did with austin

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-29-2017 05:16 PM In reply to

Zero is an interesting machine but I'm not suprised it doesn't sell in Australia. It's expensive yet seriously limited in that you can't really take it out of the city like our Sydney - by the time you reach the outer suburbs it's almost time to turn around and head back. Where is the fun in that?

Electric machines need to be small and cheap, so they can be used as suburban runabouts. Honda have a right idea here, depending on their pricing of course.

Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au