Scooter
Community

National rally 2018

Last post 09-08-2017 07:06 PM by MajorBumsore. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2017 01:54 PM

National rally 2018

HULLO. Does anyone have any news on next years rally. At Griffith it was announced that it was to be held in the Grampians, and later I heard that it was going to be held in Canberra. Has anyone heard anything else,

Carpe Diem
  • 07-28-2017 05:28 PM In reply to

Re: National rally 2018

Can't see anything so far next can see a joint UK/AUS rally in Adelaide Jan 2019 click

Here it is an absolute ONCE IN A LIFETIME rally. As we at SWSC finished running the joint Vegas rally with our last onebeing in 2017 we were looking at running something very special for 2019 and here it is an Australian event for Australia Day 2019 in association with scooterists from all over Australia. We will and can only ever run this event once so if you want to attend the experience of a lifetime this is the only chance to do it.
    We are obviously still clarifying details and more will follow but the basic plan will be along the lines of Vegas with a rally hotel and a series of events around the area with night dos in the city, As Adelaide has such good public transport system we will be able to run some of the daytime events in the local beaches and areas outside the city where both attendees on scooters and those travelling without them can meet up..
    Thursday Evening - Smaller welcome do in one of Adelaides fine pubs 
    Friday Daytime - Rideouts & Meet and Greet at one of the amazing city beaches.
    Friday Evening - Large night do at Adelaides German Club a great venue 
    Saturday Daytime - Rideouts & Custom Show/ Traders market at Port Adelaide
    Saturday Evening - Back to the German Club for the main event
    Sunday Daytime - Rideouts and Meetup in the scenic Adelaide Hills
    Sunday Evening - Another pub night to say your goodbyes to friends old and new.
    As its such a big commitment we are putting something together for the week after the rally with the Melbourne guys putting on a pub night on the Wednesday night and then hopefully something in Sydney on the Saturday after rally so people can see a fair bit of Oz whilst partying with scooter folk...
    WE WILL HAVE FULL DETAILS A YEAR OR SO BEFORE EVENT BUT WANTED TO GIVE PEOPLE AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE TO SAVE FOR IT.........
    Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-31-2017 06:39 PM In reply to

THANKS PYRAH, The organisers don't seem to want to promote the NSR, most likely they will use only Facebook again, and I am not into Facebook.

Carpe Diem
  • 07-31-2017 08:20 PM In reply to

Yep i don't use faceache either so up to them how much they want to publicize things Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-01-2017 04:20 PM In reply to

Will Adelaide have enough electricity by that time to brighten up the place or will all riders have to bring their own torch

riding for fun
  • 08-01-2017 04:47 PM In reply to

Rod Fountain:

Will Adelaide have enough electricity by that time to brighten up the place or will all riders have to bring their own torch

Plenty of electrickery in SA as only the politicians can now afford to use it SadImage result for adelaide power cartoon

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-07-2017 11:58 AM In reply to

MajorBumsore:

THANKS PYRAH, The organisers don't seem to want to promote the NSR, most likely they will use only Facebook again, and I am not into Facebook.

The rally is supposed to be organised by Nico, who runs the scooter shop in Canberra. He hasn't contacted me since we spoke at Griffith, so I have no idea what's going on either. The ball's in his court now. Feel free to send him a message via his website: http://motorini.scootersales.com.au/ It might help to spur him on if he knows people are keen.

I'm hoping for the Grampians in 2019. I'm closer to the person who volunteered to organise that one, so I'll be in a position to give him a hand if he needs it.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-08-2017 07:09 PM In reply to

Thanks Sharon, I wil probe a little more, meanwhile I will start saving for the Grampians.

Carpe Diem
  • 09-08-2017 02:19 PM In reply to

I have received tentative dates for 2018 from Nico. He is planning for the Canberra National Rally to be on the 6th - 8th April. Not set in stone at this stage, though. He will be setting a website up for it in the next couple of months.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 09-08-2017 03:30 PM In reply to

Thanks Sharon Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-08-2017 03:30 PM In reply to

Thanks Sharon Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-08-2017 07:06 PM In reply to

thanks for the info Sharon

Carpe Diem