Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Xmax 300

Last post 08-23-2018 08:46 PM by aspro boy. 41 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2017 08:14 PM In reply to

Re: Xmax 300

Cool you're back - had me worried there for a while. That's an attractive price for the Yammie - what state or territory and is that with full twelve months rego or just stealthy six? It will also be interesting to see if the BMW 400 filters downunder. With Vespa enjoying reasonable sales with their GTS range you might think that BMW will take a chance on the 400, which could/should be about the same money.

Counting the sleeps to the Motorcycle & Scooter Show at Darling Harbour. There is so much new motorcycle stuff coming out it will be exiting to view. But i'm a scooter guy, now, so I hope that sector of the market steps up.

You might be able to organize yourself a sleep-over on the HMAS Onslo Pyrah and just walk to the venue form there. That way you will get two hits for the price of one event.

• 11-14-2017 03:40 PM In reply to

Speaking of BMW 400 and Yammie 300...

There's an article -recent-in aussie motorcycle news that mentions the Bev 350 AND.......a Bev 300.

I cannot see it on the local Piaggio website. pity as I would be interested+ price might better

Aprilia 200ie
  • 11-14-2017 04:43 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Cool you're back - had me worried there for a while. That's an attractive price for the Yammie - what state or territory and is that with full twelve months rego or just stealthy six? It will also be interesting to see if the BMW 400 filters downunder. With Vespa enjoying reasonable sales with their GTS range you might think that BMW will take a chance on the 400, which could/should be about the same money.

Counting the sleeps to the Motorcycle & Scooter Show at Darling Harbour. There is so much new motorcycle stuff coming out it will be exiting to view. But i'm a scooter guy, now, so I hope that sector of the market steps up.

You might be able to organize yourself a sleep-over on the HMAS Onslo Pyrah and just walk to the venue form there. That way you will get two hits for the price of one event.

Thanks Big Smile that price will be a national price for a while from Yamaha should be 12 months rego SA for instance now only does 3 or 12 month regos

• 01-18-2018 08:21 PM In reply to

Hi Pyrah", I might buy me one of these in 2 weeks, $7990.00 on road with yamaha topbox,

Regards Peter

• 01-18-2018 09:06 PM In reply to

From whom will you purchase it? Oh, good choice by the way.

• 01-20-2018 02:33 PM In reply to

Peter,

It is a wonderful choice & no doubt you will be extremely happy if your "might" turns into a "got it" (I will be jealous) and it ticks all the boxes for me but 1.

where's the flat floor? (just my personal choice)

ǝlƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟᴉp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇᴉ ʇɐ ƃuᴉʞool ʎɹʇ

BWS100 now a 125
    09CB400 VTEC3 REVO SUPER4
    pretty in RedWhiteBlue
  • 03-03-2018 09:20 AM In reply to

Hi Johnny", I have thought about it and owning a Honda Forza 300, I think I will wait and maybe go for the BMW 400 or the yamaha XMAX 400 if it comes to  australia, I recall riding the Forza 300 up steep hills, and it was OK with just me, but I would need a little more power so my wife can jump on the back,

Regards Peter

• 03-03-2018 09:22 AM In reply to

Hi Aspro Boy", I have thought about it and owning a Honda Forza 300, I think I will wait and maybe go for the BMW 400 or the yamaha XMAX 400 if it comes to  australia, I recall riding the Forza 300 up steep hills, and it was OK with just me, but I would need a little more power so my wife can jump on the back,I would have bought it from Doyle And Shields Bairnsdale victoria, sorry about the late reply,

Regards Peter

• 03-03-2018 09:25 AM In reply to

Hi Aspro Boy", I have thought about it and owning a Honda Forza 300, I think I will wait and maybe go for the BMW 400 or the yamaha XMAX 400 if it comes to  australia, I recall riding the Forza 300 up steep hills, and it was OK with just me, but I would need a little more power so my wife can jump on the back, I am in the old scale 6ft 1 inch tall and I know that I was cramped up riding the forza, so I have to think of leg room

• 03-03-2018 10:04 PM In reply to

Even the dealer said to me only some months ago that the Forza does not work capably in any single category. The Xmax 300, I think, would be a good all rounder if you don't mind the tunnel. The new BMW 400, not a true 400, should be an exiting machine. And I think it will be price compedative against the likes of a Vespa GTS 300, although not in the same general category; opposite ends of the scooter spectrum.

I had been reading recently that the Xmax 300 was considered a better machine, all things considered, than the Xmax 400. But oh dear Yamaha Australia have you running the Gauntlet, if at all you can find it, with their scooter products.

• 03-04-2018 01:24 PM In reply to

Pyra -

The official price in SA is $6999 + ORC

i just bought one...

• 03-05-2018 09:27 AM In reply to

Congratulations, I'm sure your will enjoy this ride. What price did you pay and in what state? Just out of interest, what would have been an alternative if the Xmax 300 was unavailable?

• 03-05-2018 05:26 PM In reply to

Aspro Boy

I paid the retail, but got a discount via the good trad-in price that I got on my 2017 Kymco X-Town 300.

What would I have bought if the X-Max 300 wasn't available?

Nothing else attracted me, so I would have stayed with the X-Town as it was a pretty good all-round bike.

The X-Max is good so far - am still running it in. The seat is a bit on the high side, but I use the side stand to get off.

Tyres good / larger wheels aid ride / exceptionally low fuel consumption / nice volume underseat (I can carry a lap top etc) / Lighting exceptionally good too / keyless entry and ignition works well / display info and adjustment very easy / stable in windy conditions / traction control not shown up yet - will try some gravel roads soon / very easy to service / road 'presence' (noticed by other road users easily) / quality control as you would expect from Yamaha. So far - so good.

• 03-06-2018 09:57 PM In reply to

Sounds pretty good, tonyr....

been keen on dropping the Bemmer and your info is encouraging

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-06-2018 10:03 PM In reply to

Now I remember Tony: you swapped out a Downtown 350 for a new white XTown because you could. You wanted to 'experience' as much as you can. There is also a comfortable weight saving with the Xmax 300 over the others. So the 'presence' is down to the LED lighting; assumes the max is either bronze or grey? That's an informative summary, thank you. You should be happy with this scooter. I know I would be if I was going to take some B road excursions out of town.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au