Scooter
Community

Sydney Motorcycle &Scooter Show Darling Harbour

Last post 12-12-2017 09:25 PM by aspro boy. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2017 03:04 PM In reply to

Re: Sydney Motorcycle &Scooter Show Darling Harbour

Welcome to the site LittleJohnny Yes

Image result for little johnny

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-30-2017 06:00 PM In reply to

ha ha ha 

I luv it !

It actually it looks like one of my old school photos !!!!

thanks for the welcome Sir Pyrah !

ǝlƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟᴉp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇᴉ ʇɐ ƃuᴉʞool ʎɹʇ

BWS100 now a 125
    09CB400 VTEC3 REVO SUPER4
    pretty in RedWhiteBlue
  • 12-01-2017 01:55 PM In reply to

Free Settling State - free to return after the then state government, or what was left of it, was required to post a gold discovery bounty to encourage their settlers to return from the gold fields of Victoria; freer under the stewardship of Don Dunstan - lol.

I agree with the flat floor over tunnel scooter sentiment and why I overlooked the Honda PCX 150 during the last purchase rounds. This is why I believe Vespa, beyond their 'mystique' value, continue to post reasonable sales numbers even though they pinch their swing tickets from the pages of old telephone books.

But the SMax 155 would not work for me. Heavier, taller seat and with less room, comfort in the cockpit than it's 155 sibling, older blokes don't need yet another reason to make them cranky. A crunched cockpit can make you cranky. Not a problem if you are only running short errands perhaps. At 5'10" I am borderline comfortable on the PCX 150, but the NMax provides more room comparatively. Better provisioning for a passenger on the PCX. I'm looking for something I can be comfortable aboard for several uninterupted hours of early morning free-spirited riding. 

• 12-12-2017 12:44 PM In reply to

Aspro Boy,

soz late reply but I was looking for my pink short shorts just like Don used to wear, not sure if was wearing them when he stood at the end of Glenelg jetty vowing to hold back the predicted doomsday tidal wave !!!!!

Anyway, I can see your points with height, comfyness and Crankyness.

We all must consider what suits ourselves first in our rides as aposed to what others like or dislike. The PCX and the NMax are both really good scooters and some advantages may outweigh others. Flat floors for practability are my thoughts but the power and beauty of the PCX and the NMax are great but have tunnels, the SH150 is ok but (ugly/$$$) and the 110's eg Dio, Address etc, I'm not confident the 110's will get up Flagstaff Hill rd as quick as my BeeWee 2stroke (125cc big bore kit) (your thoughts Pyrah?). At 5'6" 65kg , I think I would be very happy with a brand new Smax155, But Yam wont give me one !!!!! p'd off. Not considering a Vesp at this stage in life.

As for your crankyness, all I can say is "Cheer up mate" !!

ǝlƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟᴉp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇᴉ ʇɐ ƃuᴉʞool ʎɹʇ

BWS100 now a 125
    09CB400 VTEC3 REVO SUPER4
    pretty in RedWhiteBlue
  • 12-12-2017 07:17 PM In reply to

Um 125cc two stroke think maybe a 175cc four stroke Stick out tongue 

Pre great war  2 stroke Scott's were handicapped by multiplying there cc by 1.32 when racing 4 strokes Geeked

Image result for 1913 scott motorcycle

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 12-12-2017 09:05 PM In reply to

That's a nifty piece of info Pyrah

• 12-12-2017 09:25 PM In reply to

Don't take the crankiness thing too seriously Little Johnny. Anybody fortunate enough to know the joys of riding can't be inheritly cranky. But smaller scoots pose a challenge in the comfort department once you are over a certain height. Ok if your just running to the local shops, but if you want to stay aboard for a decent ride you can be a little squeezed. The NMax 155 has more 'stretch' room than the PCX 150. I went from one to the other and back again numerous times at the show. The quality of the PCX appears superior, especially the plastics. The value of the NMax 155 could be with superior technology, features. But the PCX 150 remains unchanged since 2014, so I wonder where Honda will go with this or will they sit on their success? The PCX style is the platform for hybrid and battery variants so this might be the development statergy being taken by Honda.

I'll be asking Mr. P for his interpretation of the two scoots. It is disappointing that most of the UTube comparison clips for these two models are in Estupeanish.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au