Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Kymco 550

Last post 11-02-2017 09:17 PM by tonyr. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2017 07:53 PM

• rosco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2007
    • Bega, NSW
    • Posts 14

Kymco 550

three-stage reducer technology is used on the rear to basically unweight the engine from the transmission

Can anyone explain this goblygook? Confused

I'm going to hazard a guess the engine is frame mounted but the transmission is still sprung weight... but that's only a guess.

• 10-23-2017 09:00 PM In reply to

Re: Kymco 550

Don't know but this might help but at $12,000 + orc could be a while before i see one to look under

Image result for Kymco 550 engine

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 10-23-2017 09:48 PM In reply to

Darryl at Scooterworld was telling me last week that he intends to put one on the floor when they arrive.

• 10-23-2017 10:14 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Darryl at Scooterworld was telling me last week that he intends to put one on the floor when they arrive.

Devil Old fella like you may need one of these to have a look Zip it!

Image result for under car search mirror

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-02-2017 09:17 PM In reply to

Rosco

My guess is that much of this bike owes its DNA from the BMW built at the same stable. It sure has lots of modern ideas BUT, I suspect modern costs to go with it. eg. I think it has a belt drive to the overhead camshaft, a wet clutch that requires an eye to be kept on, and a nice large (no doubt expensive) rear drive belt that no doubt would send shivers down my neck when renewal time comes around. Love the Brembo's, the latest ABS and keyless security. Not excited about the colour though - another giant leap forward in 'invisibility' for those that want to risk their neck.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au