Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

Honda Dio windscreen

Last post 02-07-2018 04:54 PM by aspro boy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2018 10:52 AM

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 19

Honda Dio windscreen

I just bought a generic windscreen from Germany for my Honda Dio. There were no instructions but it appears you need to remove the mirror stalks to fit the brackets. This looks like a job for the dealer but I am reluctant to take it to them for fitment.

Has any Dio owner/riders had the Honda windscreen fitted, and is it worth doing? The price difference was considerable from the genuine to the generic windscreen so if the benefits of having a windscreen on the Dio are not worth it I might give it a miss altogether. Any thoughts? I mainly ride around the back roads in the Macedon ranges area at about 80kph so the benefit of a windscreen might be limited.

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 02-05-2018 07:27 AM In reply to

Re: Honda Dio windscreen

Would that be the little Puig screen for the Vision/Dio Swampy? I'm not sure what comes with the mounting kit, but it should be a relatively easy fit. Are there adaptors that screw into the original Mirror threads, adaptors that eleveate the mirror posts? 

• 02-05-2018 06:14 PM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 19

No instructions Aspro boy but it appeared you have to remove the mirror stalks. I fitted it with two P clamps but it kept blowing down at 60kph. I  saw it on Ebay and got it delivered in a week from Germany. Good service and at $88 delivered a good price. It said 88 Euro but they only charged me A$88.

The Dio is coming up for the 4000k service so I might bite the bullit and get the real Honda windscreen fitted. I don't know what the benefit will be, maybe less cold wind on my chest which would be a plus around here. I was in Melbourne today and saw quite a few Dio's but none with windscreens. Hardly any othe scooters had them either but they are ridden in Melbourne metro. I think more than in  the country.

Thanks for the reply Aspro boyBig Smile

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 02-05-2018 09:51 PM In reply to

I'll look on the web for you to see if there exists some fitting instructions, Also, without included instructions, you can't know if anything is missing. Puig should have been a workable solution. I had considered that option myself a while back.

Interesting in that My Dio is booked for a 4K service this Thursday. Two years old and a fantastic little scooter for inner metro work. It just seems to get better. Even though it is not due for a replacement plug I will seek to have that changed also.

There are heaps of Dio, Suzuki Address and the Sym Orbit 11s operating around these parts. And it no surprise to me either. Not a single one with a screen though. Lots of food delivery boxes instead.

• 02-06-2018 08:48 AM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 19

Yes there are a lot of food delivery scooters of this size in Melbourne as well. That little bit more power above the 50cc models is better I think for delivery purposes.

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 02-06-2018 02:57 PM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 19

I had a look at the Puig windscreens and they are just like the one I bought from Germany. They require the removal of the mirror stalks for fitment and that looks like a dealer job. I tried to unscrew the mirrors but no go, for me at least. Still thinking.

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 02-06-2018 07:49 PM In reply to

There appear to be adaptors for the Puig Traffic screen for the Vision/ Dio. Observations are that they screw into the original thread when the mirrors are removed. The screen supporting brackets are secured by inserting/screwing the mirrors into the top of the adaptors - well, that's what I can observe. Should make for a simple installation, as claimed, if the parcel was inclusive of necessary parts.

I'll be pleased when my Dio is back in my garage after its scheduled service.

• 02-06-2018 07:58 PM In reply to

.... I was wrong. Go to Puig Trafic Honda Scoopy - U Tube clip for a refresh of how you might install your screen Swampy

• 02-07-2018 12:11 PM In reply to

• Swampy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2015
    • Gisborne Victoria
    • Posts 19

Success Aspro boy. A nice young man in India had a video on Utube that showed how to remove the mirrors. The reason I had no luck is the mirror stalk is left hand thread into a right hand lock nut. I was trying to tighten them all the time.

The windscreen is fitted and at 60kmph it feels good. I will take it out and run it up to about 85kmph which is about the highest speed I cruise at, and see how it goes. The tinted Scoopy screen looks nice though. Hmm.

Safe scooteringYes

Pete in Gisborne.
  • 02-07-2018 04:54 PM In reply to

Good old UTube. I have used posted clips to navigate my way around other technical issues, especially with my Bromptons.

Don't forget to post performance results for the screen at 80kph. Tap-dance again soon.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au