Scooter
Community

Buying a seat from Yamaha

Last post 03-19-2018 05:01 PM by pja. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2018 09:15 PM

Buying a seat from Yamaha

Why would you offer a "Comfort" seat as an optional extra on an X-Max 300 (estimated $500) when the bike is already fitted with a seat?

Could it be that Yamaha are making an  'in-between-the-lines' statement that ...

"Our seat isn't very good and is uncomfortable, but we can sell you a proper one for $500 " !

There must be a Yamaha problem here somewhere surely ?

Or, of course - you could go to a bike wreckers and buy a seat of sorts for $20. ha

• 03-17-2018 08:16 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Re: Buying a seat from Yamaha

Seems a fairly well priced scooter,maybe low profit margin so flog some 'quality' optional extras.

• 03-17-2018 09:49 PM In reply to

They do a comfort seat for the Tricity also. The comfort seats, as they appear, seem to focus more on solo rider comfort with less accent for a pillion. I think there is good margin in the dedicated model accessories.

• 03-17-2018 10:04 PM In reply to

.. oh, Tonyr are you able to confirm the build date for your new scooter? The reason being the dealer offering a new Tricity 155, just delivered to them, raised an invoice in my favour in view of my proceeding. What was identified within the paperwork was a build and compliance date 10/16. Yes, this would be a very early production 155. I am not keen on proceeding, at this stage, with a bike that is already two calendar years old.

This 155 is billed as a world model, so why is Australia receiving stored bikes this old? Technically I do not think there have been any changes to the scooter since they were first introduced to the European market in September 16 (9/16), but that is not my point.

I'm so disappointed. I know this is not a scooter that traditionalists would recognize, but I can only quality this with respect to my own perceived use .... fit for purpose.

• 03-18-2018 08:24 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 322

Maybe they sent ot overland & the truck got lost/broke down/took a few wrong turns?Confused

aspro boy:

.. oh, Tonyr are you able to confirm the build date for your new scooter? The reason being the dealer offering a new Tricity 155, just delivered to them, raised an invoice in my favour in view of my proceeding. What was identified within the paperwork was a build and compliance date 10/16. Yes, this would be a very early production 155. I am not keen on proceeding, at this stage, with a bike that is already two calendar years old.

This 155 is billed as a world model, so why is Australia receiving stored bikes this old? Technically I do not think there have been any changes to the scooter since they were first introduced to the European market in September 16 (9/16), but that is not my point.

I'm so disappointed. I know this is not a scooter that traditionalists would recognize, but I can only quality this with respect to my own perceived use .... fit for purpose.

• 03-19-2018 05:01 PM In reply to

• pja
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-17-2009
    • Batemans Bay, NSW
    • Posts 118

I have had a MJM upholstered seat on my Honda NSS300 Forza. See http://forzaseat.peter2536.fastmail.net/album/

The MJM seat is "light years" more cumfortable than the podgy short Honda standard seat. I notice that the new 2018 version of the Forza uses a seat shape similar to mine - what's that old saying about "imitation being the most sincere form of flattery" SmileWinkCool

Search Google for "MJM Custom Motor Bike Seats"

Regards,

Peter

Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
    And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
    But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
    And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."
    Henry Lawson, August, 1895
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au