Scooter
Community

Scooter Sales increase by 12.4%

Last post 02-07-2019 11:09 AM by eviladrian. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2019 09:26 PM

Scooter Sales increase by 12.4%

Scooter sales bucked the trend by posting a 12.4% overall sales increase for 2018. Go to -bikesales.com- for a market analysis of all two wheel units sold across categories in 2018

• 02-07-2019 11:09 AM In reply to

Re: Scooter Sales increase by 12.4%

I reckon if you included Kymco you'd see an even bigger bump.  The proliferation of meal delivery apps has put a lot more riders on the road and I'd say about half the ones I see are on a Kymco Agility.

It's easy for the older brands to be dismissive of the Deliveroo/Uber riders, but the way I see it we've got a huge cohort of young riders who are getting out on the road and actually riding every day, and twenty years from now it'll be those guys who are still buying bikes, not white dudes from the suburbs.

I'm already too old to be part of that new generation of riders, and I don't really envy them as they sit outside cafes waiting for their phones to beep and have to ride everywhere with a box of noodles on their back, but part of growing up is recognising that there will always be a generation after you and that they won't do things the way you did, and that it's better to help them find their own path than try to force them onto yours.

First: Daelim S1 125
    Then: Honda PCX 150
    Now: Honda CTX 700
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au