Scooter
Community

2020 Yamaha Tricity 300

Last post 12-06-2019 12:05 PM by tonyr. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2019 05:32 PM

2020 Yamaha Tricity 300

I wonder if we will ever see this scooter in Australia ?

It looks good and I would buy one - BUT .....

Cheers

• 12-02-2019 08:23 PM In reply to

Re: 2020 Yamaha Tricity 300

....'BUT'.... ?  There's been some professional comment about how big this unit appears. And what would be the weight.

Having owned a Tricity 155 for nearly two years I can relate to early industry reviews that identify this configuration as ...'intelligent design'.

I drool over other rides, but that's my way being an enthusiast.

My ideal Tricity would be:

-- a 200cc with same flat floor configuration - a top shopping trolley

-- much improved suspension

-- quality compliant tires (not so much for further required grip, but for ride quality enhancement

-- more room in the saddle to move back (40mm)

Except for a 10c recall part replacement the scooter has been faultless - I paid $5650 ride away, at the time, and I feel I received a lot of R&D value for my money ......

• 12-03-2019 09:29 PM In reply to

BUT !   .... By the time someone at Yamaha wakes up the Tricity300  will probably be superceded by a revised model, and be outdated when it arrieves.  I like the idea of owning a Tricity 300 but will probably choose another brand when my current X Max 300 needs replacing.

Cheers Aspro Boy

• 12-05-2019 12:42 PM In reply to

I've always admired your willingness to give something else a try, Tony. I have read, and been confronted with, the question of - why? If you have to ask the question, then your comprehension of physics, or experience, relating to biking is limited. It doesn't render the traditional format obsolete in the absolute sense, but offers design/use embellishment. As confirmed by a response gleaned from someone having just test ridden a Niken at the Wollongong motorcycle show, there is no enjoyment loss or 'other' sensation attributed to riding this configuation. But the Niken, to me, appears visually - otherworldly. The now two smaller versions not so.

Change comes hard to some. The 2020 Piaggio Yourban 300 HPE Sport also looks the goods, but I sincerely doubt that we will see a reappearance on our shores of this ride. 

None of this discounts my interest or willingness to purchase a traditional format compact GT inspired scooter, but the longer I spend with the Tricity format the more considered will be the alternative

• 12-06-2019 12:05 PM In reply to

Aspro Boy . . .

My purchase of a second X Max 300 is the first time ever that I have repeated buying any item twice as I like to add to experience even at my age.

I always change makes and models etc ( I did this with sailing boats/cars/mototcycles/musical instruments  etc).

Alas we are at the mercy of the "market" mentality which, today is a game of copying others. Can Am looks to be trying to be inovative but most, like Piaggion think conplexity is the answer to everything (note the difference in front suspension design between a Yourban and a Tricity).

Never mind - something always pops up from somewhere. I may have to resort to a 'Grey import' to get something new. 

Merry Christma by the way. . .

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au