Scooter
Community

V Moto Milan service book

Last post 03-04-2008 01:46 PM by RatRide. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2007 01:53 PM

V Moto Milan service book

Please help!

My wife's Milan starts up ok but splutters furiously when you get to about 30kph.

I'm wondering if it may have something to do with wrong fuel, or perhaps needing a new plug, or evn that I added too much 2 stroke mixture.

The bike is relatively new, not covered by warranty, and only done about 1400kms

Filed under:
  • 12-02-2007 03:51 PM In reply to

Re: V Moto Milan service book

jazzhead:

Please help!

My wife's Milan starts up ok but splutters furiously when you get to about 30kph.

I'm wondering if it may have something to do with wrong fuel, or perhaps needing a new plug, or evn that I added too much 2 stroke mixture.

The bike is relatively new, not covered by warranty, and only done about 1400kms

You say you might have added too much 2 stroke mixture.

Unless your Vmoto Milan has been modified,  you should be filling the petrol tank with ordinary unleaded petrol and the 2 stroke oil goes in the separate oil tank.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 12-03-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Hey Jazz,

Give up on looking for a service manual specifically for the Milan. I chased for a few weeks for one from Vmoto, and they always said they were sending one out, but it never arrived. After four of these episodes I gave up on them. Scooter HQ did email me through a generic 50cc service manual which I can email through to you, if you like, but it is not very helpful with specific problems for Milan, just 50cc's in general. ??

As Kiwi mentioned, the Milan has its own oil injection system, so just a matter of making sure the oil tank (under little door on right-side of scoot just near the seat) is filled correctly. So unless someone has removed or bypassed the injection system, the only thing you put in the petrol tank is petrol. I have also been told not to use premium in my Milan.

Angus. 

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
  • 12-11-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

Hey Jazz

Any 2-stroke, if it hasn't been run for a while, might run like you describe if its only done that many km in that period of time. 2-strokes like to be used, they don't appreciate sitting about doing nothing.  There are a few things you should check for:

1) has there been any water got into the tank?

2) have you changed the filters?

3) have you cleaned the carbie jets?

I'd recommend that you take it to a decent dealer, and get them to look at it.  They are a simple machine, but you can spend a lot of time dicking around to find the problem which a decent scooter mechanic should find within an hour.

Cheers

Steve 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-16-2007 08:57 PM In reply to

The Yamaha Vino is the same as the Milan - identical....

Manual is in the downloads here.

Pit crew and back seat biatch for the misses's Monza and Milan...
    My ride - a sweet '84 XV750 (when not runnin round town on the scoot)
  • 12-16-2007 09:38 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Thanks for that. Have downloaded manual and will print it out at work.

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 12-17-2007 06:15 PM In reply to

SeaComms:

Nope - very different bikes. Overseas they used to get the two stroke Jog engined (only similarity) Vino but not here.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 12-17-2007 06:30 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

he he, I haven't read the manual yet, but hopefully that would have been obvious once I got into it. The 50cc manual Scooter HQ emailed through gives you all the info for working on the engine, just not specific to the Milan. If you are somewhat reasonable with tools and have a general knowledge of engines, then you are sorted.

I did a top-end rebuild based on the manual and some other info. 

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 12-18-2007 12:36 AM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

SeaComms:

Now go and tell a Yamaha dealer that......I dare you !!!

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 03-04-2008 12:51 PM In reply to

• micpez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2008
    • Posts 5

Well I had a hunt on the web and found this on another forum. (http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41913) Sorry you will have to cut and paste as don't know how to put a link in.

Well after many weeks of searching, I've finally had success. I wrote Vmoto a number of times, but they simply don't write back. Then after watching 'Scrubs' one evening, I noticed that my Vmoto Milan is exactly the same as JD's scooter Sasha, which has a badge marked 'Venice' on it. After Googling 'venice scooter', I found that there is an American scooter brand called TNG. You can download the manual for this scooter, which appears identical in every way except the reflectors on the side of the wheel arches from :

www.tngscooters.com [I can't post links yet!] You'll find them under parts/service.

The model is the Venice, not the Venice LX, which looks a bit different. The 2006 manual is far superior to the 2007-8 manual, as it covers things in a lot more detail.

Spread the word! Vmoto are poor at returning emails. This is how to sidestep them!

So I downloaded said manual. It is almost identical to a Milan. It's not a full service manual, but it is whole lot better than the one that came with the bike.

And yes the Yamaha YJ5ORN service manual on this site looks like the same bike, so try that as well.

Pezzie,

Perth WA
  • 03-04-2008 01:46 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Allow me to pimp my first Vmoto Technical blog posting: checking your oil. Big Smile

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au