Scooter
Community

Vmoto Monza Speed-up tips

Last post 11-16-2008 09:04 PM by rmzmx98. 41 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2008 07:20 PM In reply to

Re: Vmoto Monza Speed-up tips

I fitted the Malossi variator, & have the same look as yours with my belt seating.  I was a bit disapointed that the Malossi didn't have any cutouts for some air to get behind it. 

I've put some holes in the gearbox cover as the bike is used on the track only.  I'll post some pics when they're downloaded from the Mrs' camera.

Not had much chance to test the bike yet.  Had a lot of scoring on the piston....rather suspect insufficient autolube.  This is the way I bought the bike with nearly 8,000K's on it, & it's the 1st good look I've had in there.

I diamond filed out the hard glaze "pick up" on the piston sides.  Rings looked relatively clean, but could see they'd been "strained" from running dry.  Might get some new rings for it, yet, but initial tests, today, show good performance.  Had a little filing to on the cylinder wall.  When I file, it's with a very fine toolmakers' diamond file which is as fine as the finest emery.  I file across the line of piston travel.

I don't use autolube, preferring my own premix.

Rob  Devil

• 02-03-2008 08:43 PM In reply to

• 02-03-2008 10:15 PM In reply to

Conditions not too bad for 8000k's I on a chinese motor I spose.

I noticed you have the pipe on already too - Have you had a chance to run it yet? mine doesnt have any power at all til it hits 5,000 rpm then rockets off (borrowed a tacho). Hence chopping the clutch to get it lighter as the heaviest 50cc clutch springs are designed to lock up at 5000 rpm, but since they are already starting to grab at 3500 rpm they are dragging too much power out of the motor and it has trouble climbing up that high.

Dont get me wrong, its goin pretty good now, the missus is very happy with it, but I would prefer to see it rev a bit higher and be really screaming before it tries to move :)  But then, maybe thats just the boy racer in me  hehehehe

Maybe I need to get my own and leave hers alone...  Hmm..

Pit crew and back seat biatch for the misses's Monza and Milan...
    My ride - a sweet '84 XV750 (when not runnin round town on the scoot)
  • 02-03-2008 11:21 PM In reply to

Yeah, I ran up & down the driveway a few times, sitting on the fuel tank Surprise     Powerband kicks-in pretty much the same way as the 70cc Bandits....from about 10-20kph onwards, & shows alot of potential with the way it was revving on the stand.   Couldn't do a test ride though as I didn't have a filter for it yet.  Think I'm looking at a 0.90mm jet.

The cylinder was actually pretty clean.  Only the piston was a bit ugly....there was a bit of coke behind the rings: doesn't help.  Built it with lots of oil, & revved it's nuts off to help clear away the crap.

Yeah....you should have your own racing steed  Devil

• 02-04-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

Managed to peel it away from her and go for a spin, I think its still running slightly too heavy rollers as the acceleration just isnt what it used to be on the old variator, mind you, on the old one the revs were constant up to bout 65 then they climbed as it ran out to top speed of bout 80.

With the Malossi, revs are constant (at 9000) up to nearly 80, then they start to climb to 9500 as it peaks at 88 on a downhill run.

Only have the 6 gram it came with and a set of 4.7's. Might chuck in 3 of the 6 grams and run round the block to see what it does. 

• 02-04-2008 09:49 PM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

Looks good

wish you were down here we could go into surfers and blow off some hire scooters for fun on friday night

• 02-05-2008 07:53 AM In reply to

Now THAT sounds like fun :)

• 03-03-2008 06:19 PM In reply to

• scoot-azz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • caboolture shire
    • Posts 33

hi guys as you may have guessed i'm new to the forum and the whole "SCOOTER THING" i too own a 06 vmoto monza with only 800kms on the clock picked it up for song and i have also hit the brick wall that SeaComms spoke about in earlier posts i want get the little goer um goin but have no idea where to start

any advice would be greatly accepted

cheers

aaron

SCOOT-AZZ

• 03-04-2008 08:05 AM In reply to

Hope yourself & Seacomms will join the Monza Blog to let us know of your progress.  Just drop a line to the moderator & you can then add posts etc.

Re your bike: the usual thing to do is get a power pipe, variator, upjet the carbi, & a few other tricks.  See info here http://www.scooterhq.com.au/PerfParts/tabid/2806/mid/3794/ctl/details/newsid/274/Default.aspx

Rob  Geeked

• 03-04-2008 09:38 AM In reply to

Hey Rob and Co.  It's sounding like the Monza maybe be the best steed for a one make class of racing in the future.  The one I rode from ScootyHQ was a larf. Loved it.

But would all you pilots be happy to keep it stock but unrestricted or what?

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 03-04-2008 12:06 PM In reply to

Devil  Once the tuning bug has bitten, one is smitten!  Devil  

It'll be interesting to see what Jason has done to his (now 50cc) Typhoon. 

I like the concept of anything goes, & maybe various CC categories, but I really think a handicapped system is the go, based on fastest laps time(s).  The slowest start 1st, & then it goes, say, in 5 seond increments for the next starter, & the fastest starts last......makes good for a final lap dash by all.  If the calcs are done right we all get to the finish line together......he he  Devil

I really don't think enough of one make or model can be possibly grouped together to make a separate class of racing.....but that's just my opinion.....I hope I'm wrong.

Geeked

• 11-16-2008 09:04 PM In reply to

hey i,ve got a vmoto monza and the drive belt has snaped into tiny lil bits twice now in about 2 weeks    the scooter has a big bore kit pipe and has been jetted and the variator weights have been change to 3  6gr weights.       i was wondering if anyone has herd of this or knows how to fix it any suggestions would be grate..

cheers

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au