Scooter
Community

Help needed Bug Bandit Maintenance

Last post 12-29-2007 09:54 AM by kiwiscoota. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2007 08:01 PM

Help needed Bug Bandit Maintenance

I've recently purchased a Bug Bandit, and now have somewhere off street to do some basic maintenance, so that I don't have to pay someone to do everything like I did with the sadly departed Vmoto Monza.

Currently I need to replace the battery and the spark plug and adjust (increase) the idle speed.

OK, the owners manual such as it is, gave me sufficient information as to where to locate the battery and which panel I needed to remove to access it.   

However, looking around I cannot see a simple way to access the spark plug (I can't even see the spark plug) for replacement without removing the entire body and seat.

Am I missing something obvious ?

My experience in working on scooters and motor bikes has been mainly with "naked" motorbikes and scooters that had detachable side panels, but the Bandit being a plastic scoot seems to require complete body panel removal ........

HELP !!

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 12-29-2007 09:21 AM In reply to

Re: Help needed Bug Bandit Maintenance

Hi Deklan, Yeah, it's a real BIATCH getting the plug out.   The supplied box spanner can do it.  I found that you have to take the oil access cover off, & work from below & above & even use a shifter on the box spanner.  It's very tight though.   A socket set can do it.....it's still tricky no matter what.  Ya need Inspector Gadget dexterity with Superman strength....very fiddly

I resorted to drilling an access hole where I can put a plug socket through with the pivoting connector.   Good luck  Geeked

pic by www.osella.com.au

• 12-29-2007 09:54 AM In reply to

Re: Help needed Bug Bandit Maintenance

rpmorrell:

Hi Deklan, Yeah, it's a real BIATCH getting the plug out.   The supplied box spanner can do it.  I found that you have to take the oil access cover off, & work from below & above & even use a shifter on the box spanner.  It's very tight though.   A socket set can do it.....it's still tricky no matter what.  Ya need Inspector Gadget dexterity with Superman strength....very fiddly

I resorted to drilling an access hole where I can put a plug socket through with the pivoting connector.   Good luck  Geeked

Thanks Rob,   maybe they deliberately left out changing the spark plug from the owners manual because it is such a "BIATCH" !!

LOL 

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au