Scooter
Community

Brisbane Rides 2008

Last post 02-10-2008 11:35 PM by Scott. 130 replies.
Page 2 of 9 (131 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2008 11:56 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Re: Brisbane Rides 2008

Tubsta:

Scott:

Who is good with the route planning?

maps.google.com 

Finally had a look at maps.google.com and all I can say is THANKS!  I used Whereis.com.au in the past but that has now changed.

Help appreciated and of full value Tubsta!

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 01-13-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

• Tubsta
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2007
    • Secret Test Track, South Gippsland, Australia
    • Posts 1,192

You're welcome Scott, anytime Smile 

"Being cold is the result of laziness" - Bunta Fujiwara

Current ride: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere.
    Gone: Piaggio MP3 400ie, too unreliable in the rain (think Italian electrics).

ScooterZine
  • 01-13-2008 07:36 PM In reply to

Hey folks!!!  Just a little insight into the 19th Weekend Trip.  I was planning on making this a long one. A long one where you don't have to put your foot down much (ie intersections, stopsigns etc).  Roads travelled on should not have speed limits more 80kms  ( fingers crossed, hope I'm not fibbing...)  Brisbanites if you keen to come along ,meet me at Garden City Saturday morning at about 9ish. and Gold coastrians if you keen to come up this way a little, meet me at the BP near Yatala (should get there about 10ish).  From Yatala, next stop will be lunch at a Mystery location. (Hope I can find it....heh heh heh) Springbrook is a little too far so it won't be there.

I'd advise you to bring water.

Now just to let you know, I was intending on doing this by myself to see what the terrain is like, as I'm baseing it on my memory from about 6-7 years ago. When Shell I did this 2 up on the Fzr1000.  So please don't crucify me if ride turns pear shaped.  (No reason I can forsee that it should but just saying...)

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 01-13-2008 07:46 PM In reply to

Just to add a little note about the Social gathering nights.  If for some reason, your scoot is out of action or it's raining. Come anyway, walk, catch a bus or car, Car pool?  If it's raining on 1st February, I'll still be there same for 7th March.

For the months after that, please nominate somewhere you'd like to try.  I figured that we could do this rather than stick with the same place.  Might give us something extra to talk about. The service? The food?

Denni, Anthony! Don't be shy about nominating a place down the coast?  If you like it, it's fair game and I'll be interested to see how many Brisbinians I can drag down.  Actually (and I'll be posting this elsewhere as well.)  It's about time we caught up with Mr & Mrs Venturi and the new bub!!!

• 01-13-2008 09:53 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

K-star:

Hey folks!!!  Just a little insight into the 19th Weekend Trip.  I was planning on making this a long one. A long one where you don't have to put your foot down much (ie intersections, stopsigns etc).  Roads travelled on should not have speed limits more 80kms  ( fingers crossed, hope I'm not fibbing...)  Brisbanites if you keen to come along ,meet me at Garden City Saturday morning at about 9ish. and Gold coastrians if you keen to come up this way a little, meet me at the BP near Yatala (should get there about 10ish).  From Yatala, next stop will be lunch at a Mystery location. (Hope I can find it....heh heh heh) Springbrook is a little too far so it won't be there.

I'd advise you to bring water.

Now just to let you know, I was intending on doing this by myself to see what the terrain is like, as I'm baseing it on my memory from about 6-7 years ago. When Shell I did this 2 up on the Fzr1000.  So please don't crucify me if ride turns pear shaped.  (No reason I can forsee that it should but just saying...)

Really sounds like someone is planning on running by the seat of his pants Tongue Tied

What is life without a bit of adventure?  Bring it on! Big Smile

Oh, and where at Garden City do you want to meet?  At the cinema entrance, under cover?

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 01-14-2008 12:54 AM In reply to

Yep That sounds like the ticket. Also where we'll meet for the Social gathering.

To get to this area folks. It's right under the cinemas where there is a good area for bike parking at one end closest to the shops.  Three enterances can get to it. The one on Logan road closest to lights if coming from the south, One on Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Rd adjacent to cinemas and the 3rd in the side street where the Shell Servo is,  All with visual range of the cinema complex.

Choice!!!

• 01-14-2008 09:17 AM In reply to

All sounds good Craig.......ironically my previously non-existant social calendar has started to fill up.  (I always said 2008 would be a better year!)  The 19th of Jan is out for me (am away for the weekend) and Feb 1st has been booked out for a while, I'll be in brissie, but am scooting up to have a long weekend and going to a concert that night in the city.  The rest of the weekend is pretty much booked out too.....but there is always March!!! 

looking forward to catching up soon,

Riding a Suzuki V-Strom 650 and selling the Derbi GP1-250 - PLEASE BUY IT!!!!!!!

• 01-14-2008 09:23 AM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

Sounds great k-star!

Will be at Garden City at 9ish...for me, probably come down via Logan Rd (or maybe even the SE Freeway :), and in via the Shell servo entrance.

Water for us, but is there anything else you need? Re: the mystery location for lunch, how much lunch/play money will we need? :)))

Fuel stops?

Cheers!!!!!
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 01-14-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Hey people,

I'll trundle down to Garden City to meet up, but won't come on the ride. Other things to do unfortunately. Plus it will give me a chance to get a route there from the city for the First Friday meet-up. And also time it. But should have plenty of time after work...

See you around 9..

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
  • 01-14-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Wonderful!  I will be there a little before 9 as it is not too far from home. Smile

• 01-14-2008 12:48 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Hi K-star,

I looked up the BP servo and it gives the address as Stapylton, it's on the corner of Jacob Well Road  & Henry Hester Drive. Is this the one you mean?

Mystery location for lunch huh...... sounds interesting!

Look forward to seeing you all there around 10ish,

Cheers,

Denni:)

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 01-14-2008 01:04 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Hey Dakoda,

Are you coming down on the 19th? It would be good to have more female scooterists represented in the rides!!!

Shazz was on the last ride but don't know if she is coming on this one though. 

Mark it in your diary!!!!!!

Join the others for the adventure ride down, had lots of fun when Anthony and I rode up, its an easy ride no roads over 80km.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Denni:) 

• 01-14-2008 01:09 PM In reply to

• VENTURI
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 442

Yeah Denni, Stapylton/Yatala is the same place just depends on who you talk to & which side of the Freeway your on.

• 01-14-2008 01:20 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Thanks Venturi. 

• 01-14-2008 02:18 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

I live in Newmarket, so will be going over Storey Bridge, and then onto Logan Road and out to Garden City if anyone wants/needs another person to convoy through the traffic.... Probably leave Newmarket around 8:10 so over Storey Bridge around 8:20 and then on to Garden City.

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
Page 2 of 9 (131 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au