Scooter
Community

Scooter HQ Sunday 17th Feb Scooter Ride

Last post 02-21-2008 05:06 PM by Scooter HQ. 121 replies.
Page 7 of 9 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2008 10:31 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Re: Scooter HQ Sunday 17th Feb Scooter Ride

Thanks K-star got your message and will I see you all in the morning. We will definitely be at the shop before 10am.

Enjoy the ride down, it's so much fun on the service roads!

Cheers:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 02-17-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

well such an AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! concert last night. And yes I did party too hard and will be skipping the ride today. d'oh. next time....Big Smile 

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
  • 02-17-2008 07:26 PM In reply to

Well what a ride. Very long but great anyway. Good to meet some new people and hope you aren't to sore in the morning mild1. Glad you and the scoot were alright. You missed a good one ratride. Bring on thr next one.

• 02-17-2008 10:41 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Great ride today! It was so good to see so many Brisbanites make the trip south, lots of new faces from Brissie and Michelle all the way from Ipswich, also had the chance to met some more local scooter riders from here on the Coast.

Brendon and D'Arcy made sure all scoots were catered for. Lots of giveaways back at Scooter HQ after the ride

Hope you had a uneventful trip back Mild1, take care of that ankle and knee. At least the 'character lines' on the HD200 seem to be mostly cosmetic.

Shame you missed a superb ride RatRide, catch you on the next?

Cheers:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 02-17-2008 11:46 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

hell yeah. A lot more mods to RatRide to show off. Big Smile Cool  Just finished up some now actually. Not quite sure on this one, I think the LED's are a bit bulky. Will look cool as hell at night-time though. he he he....

Tried to pick up complete set of 2nd hand ignition locks from Brendon today, but my phone screwed up a few weeks ago and I guess lost his mobile. I was in the general area of Southport so dropped in about 1:45, hung around to about 2:10 in the hope that I might catch up after the ride. I will have to ship my ignition lock down and get Brendon to ship the locks up.

Sounds like everyone had fun, apart from Mild1. d'oh, doesn't sound too serious.. Rest up and get better, and then worry about getting back on the scooter. Yes

Nice work everybody. Remember the meet-up on the 7th at New Farm!!Yes Pizza
    http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/2727.aspx

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 02-18-2008 10:57 AM In reply to

• VENTURI
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 442

A good turnout despite the weather.

Had a good run up to Springbrook except for Mild1's unfortunate low side that I happened to be in the box seat for. Hope you are feeling ok today & enjoy checking out the new array of helmets available. His fullface lid did it's job very nicely, but is a little 2nd hand now.

Unfortunately with the weather turning for the worse, I think the pace was possibly a little fast for some of the weiry Brisbanites, but hopefully they & their sore bums are on the road to recovery.

Great to meet some new people & put faces to names as well as chatting to the regulars. Hope to see you all again soon.

I had to take off a little early & went home the Numinbar / Hinze dam route. I ended up in another convoy of motorbikes & was smiling to myself as I was keeping with a Ducati Monster all the way to Nerang at a reasonably legal pace.Devil. You should have seen the looks I got when I pulled up at traffic lights with them....WTF!

God I love my scoot!!!! Yes

• 02-18-2008 11:36 AM In reply to

• Tess
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-12-2007
    • Brisbane - Bayside
    • Posts 31

Haha ratride, I went to the cat empire concert (it was soooooooo good hey!!!!!) and went to the run.  However you should have seen me yesterday after i got home after about 8 hours with my bum on the bike.  Fell asleep on the floor with my jacket still on. Hope to see u some other time!  A great run guys, scoot is well worn in now!  I had no idea u could take corners that fast in the wet...i was sh*tting myself for some of it on the way down but all is well. 

Beep Beep!
  • 02-18-2008 12:30 PM In reply to

• VENTURI
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 442

I can see it now Tess. You with your helmet still on doing an impersonation of the little boy on the Bonds Easysuit ad crashed out on the floor! ( I have a baby, I watch those ads now Geeked.)

Big Smile

Hope you had a good ride. Thats the first time I have seen a VS in white. It's a great colour.

• 02-18-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

yeh, I was pretty knackered yesterday. Got home at 3:30 or so after watching Cat Empire, boogying on (my ankle started hurting towards the end, but that didn't stop me), and then we went to Irish Murphy's and rocked out to an awesome covers band. pheww, ankle was not swollen or sore the next day, so that was good.

I would have loved to go on the scooter ride, but trailering the scooter down was beyond me that early in the morning. I was tempted to go up and bang around Springbrook trying to find the 25 or so scooters up there whilst waiting at the shop, but ended up coming home on the freeway...

Catch up at Pizza place in New Farm on the 7th...Yes

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 02-18-2008 04:52 PM In reply to

• 51NAH
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-16-2008
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 580

Hi all, I've gotta say, I had a blast on the run on Sunday. Having just taken delivery of my new Daelim S Five on Monday from ScooterHQ, my first scoot, and first time on 2 wheels other than the pushie, scoot had 150km on the clock when I turned up and was only just starting to free up a little. Its certainly run in now after the poor thing got a flogging, dragging me up those hills and trying not to go backwards at times.

Was great to meet everyone that turned up, hopefully meet more of you next time. All in all it was a great day!

So when is the next ride Brendon?? Would be great to do it again next month!

Cheers,

Daniel

Derbi GP1 250 - Now officially up for sale!!
  • 02-18-2008 05:28 PM In reply to

• RHINO62
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Dalby Qld
    • Posts 262

51NAH:
    Having just taken delivery of my new Daelim S Five on Monday from ScooterHQ

Hey 51NAH

what colour did you get? was it the NEW black one?

1st Scooter Daelim S-Five
    Next Scooter ???
  • 02-18-2008 06:01 PM In reply to

• 51NAH
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-16-2008
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 580

RHINO62:

51NAH:
    Having just taken delivery of my new Daelim S Five on Monday from ScooterHQ

Hey 51NAH

what colour did you get? was it the NEW black one?

I got the silver. Last years model - the SLOW one!!! lol

Derbi GP1 250 - Now officially up for sale!!
  • 02-18-2008 06:48 PM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

Yeah guys...had a ball on the run yesterday....great to finally meet the ScooterHQ guys and of course the Gold Coast riders (can only imagine what it would have been like with the other 10-20 Brendon mentioned didn't come), but never mind, it was just good to see more than 10 scooters all riding and following each other.

Leaving home at 6:30am and meeting mild1 at the Gabba, then some more Brisbanites at MtGravatt, then r4vi at Ikea (where we promptly put the wet weather gear on), I was wondering what time we'd get to Southport....but we did eventually arrive around 10am...many thanks to the Nav's, where it was sunny and warm (starting to feel like Melbourne: 4 seasons in one day).

With the run up to Springbrook, the sky was looking ok (at times), but after the first stop it was starting to rain again, which luckily for the 'coasting group' meant our slower pace was just right, up and around the winding roads. A little further up the range and we came around the bend to see all the front bunch of scoots stopped...wondering what had happened, we soon found that a bit of metal didn't seem to like the road....first and foremost, thankfully mild1 was ok, with his Bollwell, helmet and knee coming off a little scraped.

We all continued on up to Springbrook where we had a chat and drink (was now regretting I missed brekky), then headed back down the range slowly cornering in the wet. Arriving back at ScooterHQ, had a look around the shop and of course ended up at the Derbi GP1. Also had a ride on the Mighty Mio (man that thing is nice!...but I think I'll be going for something like the Derbi down the track...a long way down the track)

Headed back to Brisbane around 3:30pm and thankfully we had a food stop on the way, then with Tess turning off toward the Bayside north of Beenleigh, mild1 at Underwood, Scott at Kuraby, Aerox350 and K-star at Garden City, finally it was Paul Jam's turn at Mt Gravatt.......eventually, after traveling 300km for the day, I arrived home at around 6:15pm....having had a great run, a bit sore 'there', and wanting to go to sleep but having to go to a family BBQ!

Anyway, hope you are okay mild1 and look forward to seeing you on the next run!

Thanks to all for a thoroughly enjoyable ride!

PS. With our next Brisbane Run on Saturday 29th March to Bribie Is, not sure if I can wait that long!?!?!?!?! Maybe something a little before then?
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 02-18-2008 10:15 PM In reply to

• mild1
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane - Western Suburbs
    • Posts 228

Left home at 7:00am and after 310km arrived back at 6:00pm. It was a great day for all but a couple of milliseconds and a couple of metres in the middle of the ride.

Firstly thanks to everyone for their assistance. As it turns out I have spent most of today in various waiting rooms to confirm my "oblique fracture involving the distal fibula with extension to the region of the medial malleolus" (the outside leg bone just above the ankle) which is now ensconced in a fibreglass cast (red to match my scooter!) for the next 6-8 weeks.

After I left the Brisbane crew at Compton Road for the rest of my ride home I took the time to try and sort out the sequence of events. I know I was close to the centreline and may have been leaning enough to get on a bit of tread that had not previously encountered the road. I can recall thinking "this is not good" and feeling the stand hit the road. Once I was down and sliding I recall thinking "okay, the helmet and gear are doing there job, just relax".

I always say that "accidents don't just happen". I hate traffic reports where they say "the car went out of control" when it's always "the driver/rider lost control of the vehicle". In hindsight, I remembered that I'd had a head cold until the day before so wasn't 100% so shouldn't have tried to ride as hard. I new I'd been a bit untidy earlier and should've backed off but didn't heed the warnings.

Anyway, the ride was great! Riding down the service roads than arriving at Scooter HQ to see all those scooters lined up!!

I'll be out of action for the next ride or two bit will try to get to Vespa Pizza next month.

cheers

Bolwell HD200
  • 02-18-2008 11:23 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

mild1:

Firstly thanks to everyone for their assistance. As it turns out I have spent most of today in various waiting rooms to confirm my "oblique fracture involving the distal fibula with extension to the region of the medial malleolus" (the outside leg bone just above the ankle) which is now ensconced in a fibreglass cast (red to match my scooter!) for the next 6-8 weeks.

Hmm, that wording sounds quite familiar.... Exact same thing I did in October. I was off my scooter for about 5 weeks, and off my bike bike for 2 months. Man, that drove me nutty!!!!! Seeing my two beasties sitting there not being ridden...

But as I have said heaps of times: you won't remember waiting an extra 2 weeks in a years time, but you will remember getting back on the scooter 1 week too early, and buggering your ankle up again for another 2 months in a years time. Rest up, heal, do everything your doctor, orthopaedic surgeon, and physio says, and you will be back in no time. "We can rebuild him". Plus you may get a cool scar from the surgery to place pin in if you also sprained your ankle like I did.

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
Page 7 of 9 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au