Scooter
Community

Traffic Light Boredom

Last post 02-08-2008 09:57 AM by Olaf. 66 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2008 03:24 PM In reply to

Re: Traffic Light Boredom

double07:
    Does your actual helmet have bluetooth built in or do you have a bluetooth earpiece

I use a Nolan N42 it's designed to accept the Nolan Headset & Bluetooth module, Nicely integrated setup.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-31-2008 03:28 PM In reply to

OKAYYYYYYY! Let's do it...... This coming ScooterHQ Run for the coast Feb 17th.

How many can we get to do star jumps at the lights. or push ups  or let's all play musical scooters...... and run around like the goodies...LOL!!!

I'm going to do my best impersonation of Ricky Bobby as in Talladega Nights and run around in my underwear with my helmet on.......  buck buck buck!!! (noise of a chicken...)

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 01-31-2008 03:35 PM In reply to

K-star:

I'm going to do my best impersonation of Ricky Bobby as in Talladega Nights and run around in my underwear with my helmet on.......  buck buck buck!!! (noise of a chicken...)

thats gold......  "AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! ...... use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! " 

LOL.....

Riding a Suzuki V-Strom 650 and selling the Derbi GP1-250 - PLEASE BUY IT!!!!!!!

• 01-31-2008 04:27 PM In reply to

• flash
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-18-2008
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 38

This trick always turns a few heads..........

You have been touched by a Flash of brilliance......

• 01-31-2008 04:33 PM In reply to

• flash
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-18-2008
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 38

Or alternatively do this to the other scooter rider in front of you waiting at the lights too.......

You have been touched by a Flash of brilliance......

• 01-31-2008 04:55 PM In reply to

K-star:
    run around in my underwear with my helmet on.......  buck buck buck!!! (noise of a chicken...)

You do that every scooter run.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-31-2008 08:36 PM In reply to

I moved to Noosa......

Doesnt have any traffic lights hehehe 

Pit crew and back seat biatch for the misses's Monza and Milan...
    My ride - a sweet '84 XV750 (when not runnin round town on the scoot)
  • 01-31-2008 09:03 PM In reply to

Maaaaaaaaaate! Welcome to the club of The Fly! What colour is it?

At traffic lights if there's a car nearby with kids in it & they show interest in the scooter I'll spend time trying to make them laugh by pulling faces & just generally being silly. If not I'll look around & take note of the traffic, if there are any other scooterers around & what they're riding. As the people in here have recently discovered I'll even resort to singing Boney-M! I knew I had inherited the worst of both my parents! THANKS Dad!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-31-2008 09:21 PM In reply to

double07:

Speaking of which. Where do you guys carry your phone while riding? My instructor said to never carry one in your pockets as it (or parts of) could become embedded in your body if you have an off.

I usually stick my phone in the topbox or underseat - my current phone doesn't have bluetooth, but my old one did and it worked well.

On the topic of the rest of the thread, I usually watch the traffic around me, keep an eye on my mirrors and see how close I can get to calculating the exact moment the lights change.  If it's a really long wait at the signals, I've been known to put the scoot on the centrestand, walk to the pedestrian button and press it, then walk back and hop on the scoot again.  Other fun things to do include estimating the fuel usage of the cagers around me and calculate based on that estimate how many months or years I would be able to run the scooter based on their fuel usage. 

• 01-31-2008 10:47 PM In reply to

• mild1
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane - Western Suburbs
    • Posts 228

dozer:

Star jumps. you cant beat star jumps. Put the scooter onto the centre stand, and do a few star jumps, gets the heart racing, and is good for you.

I believe that K-star will be conducting stop light aerobics exercises during the Brisbane ride to the Scooter HQ ride in a couple of weeks...

Bolwell HD200
  • 01-31-2008 11:26 PM In reply to

mild1:

dozer:

Star jumps. you cant beat star jumps. Put the scooter onto the centre stand, and do a few star jumps, gets the heart racing, and is good for you.

I believe that K-star will be conducting stop light aerobics exercises during the Brisbane ride to the Scooter HQ ride in a couple of weeks...

Photos or video  PLEASE for all those who cannot see this live.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 02-01-2008 12:02 AM In reply to

double07 - I also have a blue tooth and just carry my mobile phone in my jacket pocket. The blue tooth system is a scala rider and purchased new off eBay for $120 (rec retail is about $150) It is an attachment that clips onto the side of the helmet and has a small flat speaker that sits inside the helmet under the material lining and a boom style mic that extends to in front of the mouth just inside the full face helmet. It works very clearly, even at 100km/h and higher. Every 2-3 weeks, I just detach the unit (bracket stays clipped to helmet) and charge it. In addition to some really good suggestions whilst waiting at the lights, you could also: 1) Count how many people drive past still using their mobile phone (I counted one in every ten cars the other day). 2) Admire what other people do at the lights (I've seen some chick smoking her boyfriends/husbands pole as he drives). 3) Get off your scooter and just look up with your mouth open at the sky. It's amazing how many people will also do it trying to work out what you are actually looking at. 4) Arrange for your friend to drive next to you and stage a massive road rage scrap in the centre of the road when you stop. Once the lights change, just return to your car/scooter and drive off. 5) Bandage your entire head and face like an Egyptian mummy with two small eye holes and remove your full face helmet............then check out the weird amazed look on people's faces.....classic one this one.
  • 02-01-2008 01:29 AM In reply to

G-SCOOTA:
    5) Bandage your entire head and face like an Egyptian mummy with two small eye holes and remove your full face helmet............then check out the weird amazed look on people's faces.....classic one this one.

Hmmmmm, brain ticking over........"M'lord!"

"What is it, Baldrick?

"Sire, I have a cunning plan...."

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 02-01-2008 07:56 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

I also have a scala which works extremely well and the sound is very crisp at any speed. I just find myself yelling into it though as you think you have to compensate for wind noise but you dont.

As for traffic lights I am too busy filtering and getting to the front most times, which then just keeps me focused on the moto GP style take off i must do to avoid the angry cage driver behind me running up my bum.......... Nothing worse the getting to the front of a long line and you miss the green!

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-01-2008 07:56 AM In reply to

• Keeper75
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 627

We all want footage of the next ScooterHQ run. K-Star seems very keen so you'd better not let him near the Derbi.........

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Page 2 of 5 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au