Scooter
Community

Ride Anyone?

Last post 02-14-2008 06:23 PM by JimmyLee77. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 10:00 PM

Ride Anyone?

I don't care where, I don't care how far... The Fly is in for it's 1000km service on Wednesday & Steve@Ace has offered to lend me his toy, the MP3, until Saturday morning. I don't want to run it into the ground, but I think a decent ride is in order, even if I have to take a day off work! *sweet smile to Steve*

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-07-2008 10:12 PM In reply to

• Rosey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-14-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 50

Re: Ride Anyone?

Now that's exciting ScootaNut.  I say have a blast!

If you cant be good, be good at it.
  • 02-07-2008 10:35 PM In reply to

With my seriously bad case of Scooter Obsessive Compulsive Disorder I don't know how I'm going to get through the next week! I've been resisting the temptation to ask Steve if I could take the MP3 out for a spin knowing it would worsen the feeling of being totally focussed on this bike.

i wish I could just sell the car & buy the MP3 instead!

\

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-08-2008 12:17 AM In reply to

ScootaNut:

I don't care where, I don't care how far... The Fly is in for it's 1000km service on Wednesday & Steve@Ace has offered to lend me his toy, the MP3, until Saturday morning. I don't want to run it into the ground, but I think a decent ride is in order, even if I have to take a day off work! *sweet smile to Steve*

I think you need to take 3 days off work,  that way a little run to Albany (Adelaide's probably a bit far) with an overnight stop could be achieved without thrashing the "loaner"  Wink

Sorry Steve, I really am joking ! 

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 02-08-2008 01:36 PM In reply to

Looking out the window at work I see blue sky & wind blowing the trees around. I really don't want to be here... I could be riding the bike... It's perfect conditions for a spin up to Yanchep National Park... I mapped out a route yesterday along the beach up to Burns Beach & then inland & up on a fairly straight route on backstreets (60-70km/h limits I think as opposed to 70-80km/h on the main roads) to Yanchep itself. The park has a fair network of roads & plenty of spots to stop for a look, picnic or whatever takes your fancy.

This is torture...

I had a 50% strike rate on the nod this morning. Nothing from the Jog rider or the guy on a road bike but the guy on the maxi bike & a grizzled cruiser rider obliged although the cruiser guy looked like he would rather not.

Friday off work is looking very tempting. I'll have to see how the workload goes.

Wanda
  • 02-08-2008 02:56 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Wow! The MP3! How cool is that?
    I'm tempted to go for a ride with you but (un)fortunately I have commitments at home.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 02-08-2008 02:59 PM In reply to

Oh god, Steve's lending you his MP3 and you want to have a group ride? haha! Nice one.

You do realise it's all just a part of Steve's evil plan to get us all riding MP3's... <grin>

I'd like to organise a meet/coffee in freo, and I think I've found the ideal cafe to do it where we can park scooters RIGHT out the front. It's "Grinders Coffee" opposite the train station, at the very end of the cafe strip (market street). There's a large paved/grass area right out the front. Perfect. I'm considering going to talk to them about allow us to head there sometime and park up :)

Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 02-08-2008 11:05 PM In reply to

do they do good coffee?

the coffee at e-cafe in the e-shed markets is good. plenty of parking in the motorcycle park. or la vespa pastisserie, 247 south terrace. great coffee and crossiants. yum

so when and where? 

argentum melle
  • 02-09-2008 08:47 AM In reply to

I've never tried 'Grinders'... I don't drink a lot of coffee. "Spoons" on the corner of Wray/Sth Tce is pretty good, lots of space, and possibly enough space to park a pile of scooters. we def need to do this. pre-organising with the cafe would be the idea, to ensure adequate scoot parking. I know Gino's has a small space on the very corner of the street, the cycle guys rack up there a fair bit...
  • 02-09-2008 09:57 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

A meet/coffee sounds good. I need to get out of here because if I don't I'll have to paint the doors. Ugh.
    Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 02-12-2008 01:47 PM In reply to

OK. Thursday would be better for me but I understand that a lot of people do their shopping that night so Wednesday or Friday would be good also. Jimmy would you possibly be able to contact a Cafe? I have no idea of what's down there :)

Wanda
  • 02-12-2008 03:06 PM In reply to

how about next Wed 20th? any thoughts on a small ride?

Perhaps meet Wireless Hill Park (near Garden City) at 6pm and scoot to Freo (approx 10kms) for a coffee/chat?

anyone got some can/cant make times/dates? 

• 02-13-2008 10:30 PM In reply to

• Gen X
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Fremantle
    • Posts 64

Sounds good. I have ben a bit Vespa deprived since the BIRTH OF MY SON!!!!!!!! YAY! My new Gen Z is Jacob.

I have had no sleep, no beer and no Vespa (before the comedians come back at me - yes I am getting used to it). 

A twilight river run to Freo sounds goooooooooooood.

Loving the Vespa GTSie 250
  • 02-14-2008 09:47 AM In reply to

wow, full on. My baby girl is due in about 4 weeks :) 

• 02-14-2008 03:01 PM In reply to

Okay, I'll head down to Grinders after work today and suss them out, ask about parking, if they'll be open, etc, etc. will report back soon, if it's a go I'll get some concrete details online!
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au