Scooter
Community

Scooter Racing - Kart Track Willowbank 8Th March Round 4

Last post 03-13-2008 01:25 PM by jtyphoon. 43 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2008 11:57 PM

Scooter Racing - Kart Track Willowbank 8Th March Round 4

This is directed to all you scooterists that might not be into the racing scene or just wondering what happens.  I put out an invitation to anyone and everyone that's not doing something on that day Saturday 8th March, to come out and enjoy the day with us. Who knows you might just get the bug yourselves or pass it on to someone who's susceptable. (or something like that....) We could do with some pitcrew and maybe someone to take photographs or video. Bit hard to do it ourselves when we busy going nuts......

Racing basically starts at 10am but anytime after 7am is sweet.

P.s.  So who's turn is it to crash???

Jason went down in the last race.

Paul and I tossed it down the road together in the  6 hour.

Michelle crashed on a track night

So.......I think it's Rob's turn to Crash!!!!  But I'm not sure what would make him crash, maybe his bandit literally explloding underneath. He doesn't put a tyre wrong. He says he has moments but I'm still yet to see one. I was on his ass from lightsout to chequred flag and not a wobble.... Woah strike that....He did run slightly wide once....ONCE!!! and I still couldn't get past him.

Sorry Rob. just trying to put the mocker on you early.....LOL!!!

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 02-20-2008 09:40 PM In reply to

Re: Scooter Racing - Kart Track Willowbank 8Th March Round 4

For anybody wishing to compete at the scooter race held on the 8th of march enties close on the 29th of febuary if you wish to race and i hope we can get a few more entries this time you can place your entry online at MOTORCYCLE SPOTSMANS web ,click nominate and follow the prompts please we need two or three more entries than last time it was a fantastic day and i cant wait to get back there,

And for all that competed last round we are going the other direction this round and yes its a great track what ever direction we race it is a little faster this direction if i stay uprite

• 02-21-2008 01:09 AM In reply to

WAAHOO!!! Reverse!!! Wow!!! Hey ROB!!!!! Have you run this direction before?  The first 2 corners are going to be slower but straight into the sweeper then the fwip fwop then on for young and old!!!!!! YAY!!!!  I will definitely try and get the Agility out as a spare bike for this round.

I dunno about Big Kev but I'm excited!!!

• 02-21-2008 09:33 AM In reply to

Clockwose direction of racing???  ....holy crap.   It was only one corner that was getting my exhaust, but now it's gonna be all but a few! 

Don't know about you, but it'll take a bit of getting used to: running reverse...prolly shake up the field a bit.

• 02-21-2008 02:02 PM In reply to

Hmmmmmmm.......

Anticlockwise.... 8 left handers and 5 rights

Clockwise 5 left handers and 8 rights ....... or in my case 1 left hander and "Holy CRAP....!!@#$%^&*.....ASH!!

Put it this way, Rob...The first 2 corners no matter which direction we rotate will be a left hander followed by a right. Then after that.....who knows....

Should be bucket lods of fun!!! We'll be taking the practice very seriously!!!

P.s.  I'm locked and ready to fire.  Entry Nomination paid and Agility listed as spare!!!!  Hoowee!!! Bring it on!!!

• 02-21-2008 02:56 PM In reply to

• Graz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2008
    • Posts 6

Hay guys im new to the site and keen to come down i own a 50cc will there be many 50cc there Graz

hitboost@hotmail.com

• 02-21-2008 07:10 PM In reply to

Hi Graz, I will be there on a 50cc, don't forget to put in your entry if ya wanna race!
    Shelley... :-)
  • 02-21-2008 07:47 PM In reply to

Hay GRAZ great to hear, hope you get your entry in but remember its very adictive once you try it your hooked, dont worry about your scoot just bring it out on the day we will go over it and make shore it passes scrutineering i will lock wire the caliper bolts for you if they havent been done, any questions just post them and we will be glad to help go to motorcycle sportsmans web page click on road race events 2008 , and then scroll down to,  entry form round four 8th march,  and this will give you some info. 

• 02-23-2008 09:13 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

I'm thinking of meeting up with Mttttt on the 8th March for the run to Willowbank.

How long do these meets run for?

I don't know if I will meet up with Mttttt on my Mio or come via the M1 and Logan motorway on the Honda, it depends on the duration of your races.

Looking forward to seeing you guys go hell-for-leather on your scoots.

Cheers,

Denni:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 02-23-2008 09:55 AM In reply to

Hi Denni,

Think it was all wrapped up by 3pm, last time.  It'll be great to have some Scooter Community members cheering us on.   I've got a vid cam request for somone....pleeeze  Big Smile

• 02-23-2008 06:39 PM In reply to

Hi DENNI sounds great if you and Mttttt can get to the race its a good day and will give you both a good idea of what goes on if you are thinking of racing ,if not the support will be great, and you will see rob and kstar rubbing elbows all day, it kicks off around 7.00 and i think racing started near 8.30 and was finished just after 3.00 a great day food and drinks at the track also covered area out of the sun, if you like we will give you a rundown of our mods and how cheap you can kick things off for.

• 02-24-2008 08:50 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Thanks Rob and Jtyphoon,

I think I will bring the Honda as I have a dinner that night and don't fancy getting home and rushing to get ready.

Will see if I can fit my daughters gear and her Manfrotto on the scoot, could be a challenge though.

One more question. Do they still run if it is raining?

Cheers:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 02-28-2008 10:35 PM In reply to

AFAIK: if it's raining then the event is postponed.  Don't know what happens if it's only ocassional showers though.....I guess the race organiser makes that call on the day.  Finger crossed: all will be good.

Rob  Geeked

• 03-01-2008 09:34 AM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

rpmorrell:

I've got a vid cam request for somone....pleeeze  Big Smile

Hey Rob, I'll definitely be making the run out to the track on the CygnusX, so I don't mind shooting some video for you!

What time do you guys get there? 

...if there isn't anyone to meet at Southbank, I am heading straight out toward Ipswich (via Moggill), so either way I'll time it for before you guys start having fun! 

Cheers 

Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 03-01-2008 05:49 PM In reply to

That'll be great to see you.  We're there from gates open at 7am, & the racing would start at about 9ish, but that'll prolly other formulas on before us....plenty of time as there are several (or somethin) races for the scoots.

Rob  Wink

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au