Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

First service!

Last post 02-24-2008 05:28 PM by scootmama. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2008 04:49 PM

First service!

I rode 'the wasp' up to ace this morning, it took me an hour and a half. It's a long trip! Had it serviced... Steve suggested I ride around the corner on one of his scoots to do my Motorcycle Theory test.. so I did. I passed 15/15 :) neat! Picked up some new riding gloves because my hands are copping some sun burn... all good now! It's been a neat day off work :)
    Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 02-22-2008 04:57 PM In reply to

Re: First service!

Well done on the test! Have you booked your prac test or lessons? Vic at A1 Motorbike (0412 825 992) is great but I'm not sure that he would go that far south. That's a hell of a ride on a 125 let alone a 50cc!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-22-2008 05:01 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Is it now ready for race use only ?  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-22-2008 05:43 PM In reply to

I'm glad to see you are now wearing gloves, in my mind there are three MUST WEAR items even if riding only 1km to your local shops, the three items are shoes, gloves and a helmet.

I know a lot of people don't always bother about long pants and jackets on a very short trip, but if you do come off the most likely areas that will cop injury first are your feet & hands and of course your head.
    If I understand correctly, you live down south of Fremantle and Ace are on the northside, so you will have had a long ride today, especially on your LX50, but no doubt even though you would be tired, you'd still be smiling :)
    ------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 02-22-2008 06:16 PM In reply to

What theory test? Is there another motorcycle theory test in WA?

Yamaha Vino 125
  • 02-22-2008 06:41 PM In reply to

My GT200 is booked into the BMW/Ducati/Honda dealer for next Friday for the 1000km service. I've pre-ordered the oil filter replacement from the eBay store scooteraccessory. I've downloaded, printed and binded the Vespa Workshop manual for these guys (who have the best reputation in town for service) so they can carry out the scheduled maintenence, and stamp my book for warranty.

I've even researched the oils that I will request them to use in Shell brand as that is what they use.

I am rather precious about this service, very nervous.

I wish we had a Vespa/Piaggio Dealership in town.

So Jimmy, is it de-restricted?

• 02-22-2008 07:16 PM In reply to

It was a 1-1/2 hr ride from coogee, up the coast to Joondalup (hodges dr). The winds were up and my average speed was about 45kph.

I did my theory test, this is a requirement in order to get a learners permit for a class R-E (<250cc) bike licence, it cost me $19.60 to sit the test and about $69.40 to get the permit after passing the test (which I aced in approx 4 minutes, what a joke). I guess it's more for those people who do not have a car license already... otherwise, it's common knowledge for any current license holder.

Is it de-restricted... lets just say my trip home wasn't 1-1/2 hrs long, and my average speed wasn't anything like my way up...

I needed gloves for both protection from any kind of accident, and the sun. I have stupid looking hands now because of sun burn/tan. I don't yet have proper riding boots or pants, perhaps eventually. Jacket and helmet was my first priority. I reckon 95% of scooter riders I see riding around are in t-shirt, shorts, thongs... you get the idea.

That "service" sure did the trick, I feel like I just got a brand new scooter today... :)

I'm in no rush to get my R-E license, I was really just doing the theory test to kill some time, although have had plans to get it sorted within the next 12 months. So at some point over the next 12 months I will probably get a few lessons and get my actual license. I already have my eye's on either a PX200 or GTS250ie, but not for 12 months or more probably. Heck my LX50 is only 3 weeks old!

• 02-22-2008 07:32 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Congrats on your learners permit. It was pretty pointless and easy wasn't it?

You said you weren't going for your R-E license for another 12 months, but isn't the permit only valid for 12 months? Or was it 2 years?
    Just go for it as soon as you can. Then you'll have it and it's out the way. Good luck anyway. 

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 02-22-2008 07:34 PM In reply to

Yeah congrats Jimmy. I bet it was a cinch. 

• 02-22-2008 07:47 PM In reply to

the learners permit is valid for 12 months.

if you are loooking for boots then you need something to cover the ankles. i don't have bike boots as most look to "try hard" to me on a scooter. i use dr martens or a pair of boots.

argentum melle
  • 02-23-2008 09:52 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Congrats on the learners from me too Jimmy.

This valid for 12 months is another thing I cannot get, unless the rules have changed, I had mine for 6 years before I got my Open Auto here in Qld in July last year.

It is not as if you are going to forget what you need for your learners.  They do not test you every 12 months (or ever again) on your full licenceHuh?

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 02-24-2008 11:19 AM In reply to

valid for 12 months, but renewable (you need to pay to renew it!)..

I'm in no rush, I guess the sooner I get my license, the sooner I start having to pay for it. Will look at getting a couple of lessons, and borrowing a bigger scoot or a motorbike to learn :)

Would probably like to get my manual lic...

• 02-24-2008 05:28 PM In reply to

• scootmama
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2007
    • south australia
    • Posts 94

ermm...jimmy - just out of curiousity...when you did take it out on the track after the service - how fast and what sort of changes has it made to performance and handling???....i'm really interested to see what differences these track modification service can have on a 50cc vespa - maybe Steve might be able to add some info too on this...

thanks,

scootmama 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au