Scooter
Community

MP3, Fouco or keep my Yammy YP250?

Last post 02-25-2008 08:53 PM by allen. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2008 09:50 PM

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

MP3, Fouco or keep my Yammy YP250?

Hi all Scooterer,

I bought my first scooter (Yammy Bee Wee) in July last year, it was a great scooter only it's a bit small to carry my wife and me. So I rushed into trading it in for a brand new Yammy Majesty 250 in last Sept which was on sale at the time. Paid $8500 ride away. Yesterday I dropped in at Scooter Central to check out the MP3 and Fouco. I have to admit that I fell in love with it. But to avoid the rushed decision in trading my yammy which only done under 2000k for the 3 wheeler. Here's the question :

Should I trade in my yammy for a MP3 250 or MP3 400 or Fouco?

Should I wait for a while to hear more feed back from 3 wheeler users?

Is there a big jump in Rego from under300cc to 400cc and 500cc in NSW?

I would love to hear all the words of wisdom from you folks. Your precious opinions are much appriciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

David

Life is even better with Silverwing 07
  • 02-22-2008 10:29 PM In reply to

Re: MP3, Fouco or keep my Yammy YP250?

David,

They are sweet scooters aren't they? 

I saw the fuocco on Murray's floor, and thought "lucky bugger who buys that". I too bought a BeeWee in July last year, and found it small, now I'm on a Vespa GT200 (bought from Scooter Central). I would go for bigger than the majesty, simply to justify the upgrade as the MP3 250 is the same capacity, but heavier. It'll be a close call between the MP3 400 and the Fuocco 500, but I'd personally go for the Fuocco, as they look better I reckon. I'd sell the majesty privately, you'll find you'll get a better price for it. If I had the coin, I'd go the MP3 400 or Fuocco mate, as I couldnt justify the price of the MP3 250 on capacity alone.

• 02-22-2008 10:56 PM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Thanks for the advise Dozer. BTW can you tell me whats the difference between Piaggio and Gillera. Please excuse my innocent as I am new to scooter :)

Thanks heaps

• 02-23-2008 11:14 AM In reply to

The Fuocco is sold in America as an MP3 500, so they are all the same, just different badges. Piaggio owns Vespa, Gilera, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Derbi, and of course, Piaggio brands.

The situation in Australia is that Peter Stevens Imports brings in Piaggio, Vespa, Gilera and Moto Guzzi, and not sure about Derbi, but Aprilia is imported by someone else. Weird to get your head around eh?

Cheers.

• 02-23-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

• scootmama
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2007
    • south australia
    • Posts 94

hi there david,

i'm not sure what all the rego costs and stuff like that is for you in NSW as i live in a different state to you...but i think just going through the motions of actually getting on and taking each of these for a spin would be crucial in helping you make up your mind what you like and what is going to suit your needs.  Piaggio and its other brands like Gilera and Vespa all have good strong reputations so I dont think you have to worry too much about whether you are buying yourself a dodgy scoot...they all have proven track records - so perhaps the real choice comes down to how it feels for you - and also dont forget to involve the wife by the way Wink because if you are driving her around and she's not comfortable...well...watch out!!! lol.  You want for this to be a joy to ride - and since 2 of you are involved - let her have a say in that too (i'm not meanng that you wont...its just that sometimes people tend to forget about the one perched on the back).  Whatever you decide - make it something you love getting onto - if you dont enjoy it - you wont ride it - and it will be just a very expensive paperweight sitting out in your garage.  Let us know how you get on...cheers, scootmama

• 02-23-2008 10:34 PM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Hi Scootmama,

Thanks for the valuable advise. I remember someone told me " Man is the head of the family, but Wife is the neck" Smile I haven't test ride the MP3 yet, is planning to try it out tomorrow at Scooter Central but something comes up and I will see if I can make it. Will keep you post.......Cheerio,  David

• 02-23-2008 10:38 PM In reply to

• TonyJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-25-2008
    • Sutherland Shire, Sydney
    • Posts 73

Hi David,

When you decide on the MP3, how much are you looking for on the Yamaha?

Regards,

Tony J

He - Piaggio X8 250ie - Black
    She - SYM VS 125 - Black (her second after #1 got written off)
  • 02-23-2008 10:58 PM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Hey Tony J,

Depends on what the dealer gonna offer but if you are interested, let me know then. By all means, you can contact me by mobile if you want to.

Cheerio,

• 02-24-2008 11:22 PM In reply to

I'd say the decision on Fuoco or MP3 is based largely on storage needs vs performance and looks.  Storage is much better on the MP3, but the looks and the performance on the Fuoco are outstanding.  Just imagine the face on the tintop that looks in their rear view to see a Transformer right behind them!  Gabba gabba hey!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 02-25-2008 08:39 PM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Many thanks to Dozer, steve@ace and Scootmama,

I think I will have a lot of sleepless nights thinking of the difference between 2 and 3 wheels that will affect my ride. Indifferent I will keep you guys posted of whatever happened.

Cheerio, 

• 02-25-2008 08:53 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

For me it would be Fuoco. I think the 400 Mp3 is somewhat in between and whilst it gives a better level of performance its only 1000 up for the fuoco.

For me i actually prefer the 250 over the 400 just for its lessor weight that you feel when taking it through a corner. But hey thats me. If you wanted a never ending smile that just cant be removed then get a fuoco  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au