Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Get Well Kiwi

Last post 03-26-2008 11:58 AM by Keeper75. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2008 12:08 AM In reply to

Re: Get Well Kiwi

dozer:

Seems like Custard is missing him too. Any updates motorad?

I was quite enjoying riding "Custard" (his Bug Bandit) until the engine decided to start losing power,  it's so light and sooooo different to ride compared with the GTS.

As for updates,  he's still in a coma on life support systems, so he's not good at all,  I hate leaving Sydney,  but I have to attend to a few things at home and I'll be back on Monday.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 02-29-2008 08:15 AM In reply to

Ride safe mate. 

• 02-29-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

• scootmama
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2007
    • south australia
    • Posts 94

hey there david,  yep definitely keep talking to dad, research on patients who have been in comas have shown that they often report that  hear and are aware of conversations going on in the room around them.  Having a familar and comforting voice can be very reassuring for people who can often hear but cant respond back.  Hang in there bud, this is a really difficult time for you all and just focus on what needs to be done right now and forget the rest - it can wait.  We are all thinking of you and sending you our best wishes and love.  Ride carefully, dad's in good hands right now...keep us updated as to how things are going.

scootmama 

• 02-29-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

get well soon kiwi.

the sensce of hearing is the last to go when going to sleep, so keep talking to him. 

argentum melle
  • 02-29-2008 11:47 AM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Do not forget to look after yourself too David.

All the best.

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 03-07-2008 05:09 PM In reply to

• Rosey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-14-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 50

Hi David

just wondering how your dad is.  I hope he's making great progress by now.

If you cant be good, be good at it.
  • 03-07-2008 05:47 PM In reply to

Thanks for your enquiry, unfortunately there has been no improvement, he is still comatose, if anything he might have slipped back a little as the latest tests are showing a reduction in brain activity Sad

David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 03-08-2008 08:06 PM In reply to

• Rosey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-14-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 50

Not good to hear at all.  Sending you and your family lots of good thoughts.  We really miss him here

If you cant be good, be good at it.
  • 03-09-2008 12:16 PM In reply to

• scootmama
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2007
    • south australia
    • Posts 94

hey there david, just know we are all thinking of you and your family right now and sending you as much positive energy as we can.  Like Rosey said above, we do really miss him and we wish you all the very best...keep us updated when you can bud...look after yourself...this is a hard time for you all, love, scootmama

• 03-09-2008 03:56 PM In reply to

• scootie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2008
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 53

Hi David,
    We are both sorry to read that Kiwi is still critical, he is in our prayers.

Mariella & Rob
    Vespa GT60
  • 03-20-2008 05:43 PM In reply to

Thursday March 20 Update 

My father (kiwiscoota) seems to be improving very slowly,  the infection that resulted from the botched operation seemed to have cleared up and 7 days ago the medical staff took him off the ventilator to see whether he could now breath on his own and despite a shaky start with several false alarms he has been been off the ventilator since then. 

While he is still comatose, his brain activity has increased enormously in the last 36 hours, the neurologist is quite pleased by this and is now starting to talk in relatively positive terms. although obviously he has long way to go yet before he is out of the woods.

I sat with him for several hours reading various threads from ScooterCommunity and a number of private email messages I've received from members enquiring after him.  I don't know whether he can hear me or not,  but the neurologist seems to be of the opinion that he might be able hear me and it may help with stimulating the brain.  My sis has been reading to him daily,  I haven't had the heart to suggest to her that he probably would not really enjoy Mills & Boon type romance novels.

David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 03-20-2008 05:55 PM In reply to

That's wonderful news. Obviously even once he wakes up it'll be a long road to recovery. The M & B might set him back a little though. Has the neurologist started talking about rehab yet?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 03-20-2008 06:11 PM In reply to

Great to hear some positive news, glad he is on the up.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 03-20-2008 07:24 PM In reply to

doesn't matter what it is. just the sound of a familar voice is reassuring.

glad to hear there is an improvement 

argentum melle
  • 03-20-2008 07:48 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Thats great news Motorrad, obviously he still has a long way to go but it is good to read that he is moving forward in his recovery.

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au