Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Fuel Consumption

Last post 10-13-2014 08:08 PM by Proteus. 52 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-22-2008 03:39 PM In reply to

Re: Fuel Consumption

The NS125 takes 7.6 Ltrs from completely empty to completely full.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 03-22-2008 09:18 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Scooter HQ, You are a wonderful resource!!!
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-23-2008 09:56 PM In reply to

• Paul Jam
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Brisbane - Southside
    • Posts 130

Hey Scooter HQ,

Can you run the fuel gauge just past the 'red zone' before the black line and still not run out of fuel with the reserve tank.  I haven't been game enough to try it out past the red zone.  Would be handy to get that extra 20-30km range per tank sometimes before having to fill up. 

Are you more likely to run 'crap' through the fuel lines running the tank so low?

Thanks,

Paul Jam

• 03-25-2008 01:37 AM In reply to

Scooter HQ:

The NS125 takes 7.6 Ltrs from completely empty to completely full.

wow ... thats like more than twice the size of my Jog 50s tank!

Owners manual states 3.5L, but I know I've put in more than that, and I've been still running, push it too the limit ..... LIMIT!!!!!

I've only ran out of fuel once, and I regularly get 120k out of it, and thats with a big 94kg male flogging it around as fast as he can, and not always on the flat :D

2.9L/100km would be a good average fuel consumption figure for my scoot.

• 03-25-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

Paul Jam:

Can you run the fuel gauge just past the 'red zone' before the black line and still not run out of fuel with the reserve tank.  I haven't been game enough to try it out past the red zone.  Would be handy to get that extra 20-30km range per tank sometimes before having to fill up. 

Are you more likely to run 'crap' through the fuel lines running the tank so low?

You can run it into the red but be careful, I did try that and ran out of fuel had to skateboard the thing for 5k's to the next servo. Yes you are more likely to run crap throught the fuel lines if you run them low. Its not such an issue on a new scoot that has only been filled up using pumps, its when you use old cans & the like that it really becomes an issue.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 03-31-2008 10:06 PM In reply to

• seamus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 14

Its a little strange but my fuel economy has dropped from around 29km a litre to 25 km/ltr even though I have been very careful about driving as economically as possible, have used the better fuel, rather than the ethanol blend fuel, and have now put over 1300km on the clock. My very first tank was my most efficient. I am generally driving the same roads day in day out.

My last tank got me 136km and I put in 5.4litres. Go figure.  

Its a VS 125. 

On the upside my original concern that my odometre was way out was in fact a little over the top. I compared my route with google maps and the difference was much smaller than I first thought. Its still about 5-10% out but not 20+% which is to be expected.

• 12-03-2008 03:57 PM In reply to

• sr50
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-30-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 49

I just did a 300klm round trip on my Sportcity 250ie.  The trip covered a wide range of roads, including highways and mountain twisties.

I started the journey with the tank filled to the brim as  I expected to have to refill in some small country town before returning home.

My previous best distance before I had to refill was around 250klms. Tank size is 9 litres (including 1.5 litre reserve).

I was able to complete the entire 300klm journey and I have just refilled the tank the same as before I left.

It took about 7.2 litres to cover that 300klm journey, which is 41.6 km/l, 2.4 litres per 100klm or 97 mpg.

The reserve warning light was displayed for about the last 30klms and there were 'no bars' left on the tank readout. But there was nearly two litres still in the tank!

I knew it was economical, but I had no idea it was capable of these sort of figures.

• 12-09-2008 05:20 PM In reply to

Hi,

I am very simple guy and bit little confused about this. I like someone explain to me on easy english about fuel consumption. Also I am crap with math as well. 

So I own SYM HD 200. So I am wondering to ask you all to explain to me. 

Is it normal for bike to refill tank like 1 day a half that I travel from Kilsyth to Keilor VIC (Melbourne) everyday to work and home around 104km each day. I thought it suppose to be within 3 to 4 days to fill up tank. Becasue I am still newbie about this. Also I go easy on the fuel as well like my car.

Should i better off to get bigger bike like 250 to 850cc  good for travel bit on freeway via local road to less fuel to use that what I have now? 

Look forward to hear from you all. 

• 12-09-2008 05:35 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

So are you saying you only get 104kms out of your tank?

Do you fill up at the same point each time (ie certain point of empty, one bar left etc)

Also has your scooter been worn in?

Do you weigh the same as a elephant?  (sorry that sounds rude, but weight can factor your fuel economy)

You should be getting better than 104kms per tank, but there could be certain factors at play

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 12-09-2008 09:58 PM In reply to

well, it is new scooter   now is 2615 kms . I bought it from October this year , Also I weight 83kg! I find bit odd.  it is nearly went red line empty tank for end of day and a half! Maybe leak?

• 12-10-2008 03:31 PM In reply to

There is no generic number of days for refuelling. Different scoots have different size tanks, engines etc & we all have different commutes.

Best bet is to note your speedo reading when you fill up & the amount of fuel you put in. Next time you fill up do the same, you'll immediatetly see how many K's you are getting for how much fuel you are putting in. Also note the size of the tank & how much fuel you are actually putting in to see how much you have in reserve.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 12-10-2008 10:57 PM In reply to

ok thanks i will do that and find out!

ta !! 

• 12-11-2008 10:04 AM In reply to

• scootergeek
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-22-2008
    • Perth (SOR), Western Australia
    • Posts 70

sr50:

It took about 7.2 litres to cover that 300klm journey, which is 41.6 km/l, 2.4 litres per 100klm or 97 mpg.

Long trips are far more economical,  eg my Agility getting  45km/l  travelling 22 kms stopping at lights 5% of the time on a flat road averaging  55 kph. OK - so the smaller, economy  scoot will do better in this situation.

Though i agress your Aprillas' economy is good on the " Lions  Road Border Loop",  www.motowhere.com      disagrees with your travel mileage.    It says the trip is 278kms  - that gives you 38.6kml   from 7.2litres used.

Anyway,  i appreciate your efforts in road testing, SR50 .

Kymco Agility 125cc
  • 12-11-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Keep a log book for a few weeks, and then you can work out a average

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 12-11-2008 02:40 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

I just ask for a receipt when I fill up, gives you where, date, type of fuel, litres filled, cost per litre and total. I just then write how many km's travelled from last fill from my trip odo. 

So easy you just have one number to write on your docket, all the other information you require is already there.

I kept all the dockets from my trip south so I could see how the scoot went.

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

Page 3 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au