Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Fat Grips.

Last post 08-22-2008 09:56 PM by marc2131. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2008 11:01 PM

Fat Grips.

Fat Grips.

Along with the Nautilus air-horn, the only other mod I've made to my Maxam is a set of fat semi-squishy grips. Necessary for an XXL winter glove (them skinny stock ones hurt after squeezing with a thicker glove after a while), and a lot more comfortable in general. This set was available as a factory accessory from Yamaha's after-market bits group - Y's Gear - for about $20.

Same in Orstraya?  Pity they are not heated though... See ya! Neko.

• 04-01-2008 11:34 PM In reply to

Re: Fat Grips.

Hey Kuroneko,

Nice grips and always interesting shorts and piccies!!!

Just tried to run your name through Babelfish to see what it translates to....... In English it's Kuroneko.....LOL!!!

Well, that was a waste of time....

Now just a question, just wondering.....what's it like in a scooter/bike shop over there??? I'm imaginging it's somewhat like most of the bikes you've been showing us?  Glitzy, lots of light and very clean & polished!!!!! Have a look at www.scootopia.com.au for a sneakpeak into what some look like here in Brisbane. Polished timber floors and even a little history museum at the Annerly Store.  Scooters Scooters (not sure what they sell.....LOL) is very similar....

ScooterHQ is a little more industrial looking but I think it still rocks as the focus is purely on the machines inside. No dramas there. I'm sure there's some others around the place here but what about your's???

BTW nice piccy of you in that previous post about style...Tell me ( and please excuse my ignorance) but are your "ninja boots" steel caps?

Anyway, take care and look forward to more interesting posts!!!

Cheers

K*

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 04-01-2008 11:39 PM In reply to

K-star:
    Tell me ( and please excuse my ignorance) but are your "ninja boots" steel caps?

In case you do not understand the reference to "steel caps",  all work boots here are required to have a protective steel piece under the leather, inside the toe area to protect the toes in the event of something heavy falling on your feet.

You are not permitted in Australia to work on a construction site, in most factorys or warehouses unless you are wearing them.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 04-02-2008 08:08 AM In reply to

• 51NAH
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-16-2008
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 580

K-star:

Just tried to run your name through Babelfish to see what it translates to....... In English it's Kuroneko.....LOL!!!

LOL..... See avatar... "black cat".

Derbi GP1 250 - Now officially up for sale!!
  • 04-02-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

• marc2131
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Inner West, Sydney
    • Posts 109

Hey these handgrips look exactly the same as the ones on my standard 2006 Aprilia Mojito 125.

marc

Scoot when my legs are too tired from cycling.
    2006 Aprilia Mojito 125cc.
  • 04-02-2008 11:12 AM In reply to

Nice Grips Skorj. Yes

• 04-02-2008 02:36 PM In reply to

51NAH:

K-star:

LOL..... See avatar... "black cat".

LOL!!!! Thanks !!  Just found that out today from friend at work who has Japanese wife (and 2 gorgeous children by the way!!!)

Motorrad:

In case you do not understand the reference to "steel caps",  all work boots here are required to have a protective steel piece under the leather, inside the toe area to protect the toes in the event of something heavy falling on your feet.

You are not permitted in Australia to work on a construction site, in most factorys or warehouses unless you are wearing them.

Motorrad!! Thanks for adding that...certainly made more sense now!!

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 04-02-2008 09:27 PM In reply to

marc2131:
    Hey these handgrips look exactly the same as the ones on my standard 2006 Aprilia Mojito 125.

Ha! Having gotten off a Joker, onto a Maxam, I knew the solution to my sore-hands-thick-gloves was nice fat grips as I had on my old Honda Joker. As the Mojito is the best near copy of the Joker, that's no surprise. Look familiar:

Joker Cutie. 

Well... I think that's wot happened anyway. The Joker was made from 1997 to about 2001. What be the production years of the Mojito? See ya. The Black Cat.

(Tabi have no steel toes, and excuse me to answer the other questions when I can think of an accurate reply?)  

• 04-03-2008 07:44 AM In reply to

• marc2131
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Inner West, Sydney
    • Posts 109

Kuroneko

Yes I find the resemblance between the Honda Joker and Aprilia Mojito amazingly similar. I didnt know the Joker even existed. With reference to your question about production years, I believe the Mojito/Habana first came out in either 2000 or 2001.

In its own way, I now think the Joker is better designed than the Mojito. Pity it only came in 50 and 90cc variations. I assume this was the case. Do they still have a following in Japan?

Marc

• 04-05-2008 02:50 PM In reply to

Re: Fat Grips - Joker Stuff!

marc2131:
    Pity it only came in 50 and 90cc variations. I assume this was the case. Do they still have a following in Japan?

That is correct - only 50cc and 90cc from the factory. But, bore-up kits to 120-something cc are pretty common. Yes, they are still very popular in Japan, with a good Joker costing about the same as they did when new.

Not sure about matte black and fur though. Assume it is fake. The fur that is, not the Joker...  

• 04-08-2008 01:31 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Kuroneko:

Not sure about matte black and fur though. Assume it is fake. The fur that is, not the Joker...  

RatRide would love this one Stick out tongue

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 04-08-2008 03:52 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

sweet. My next mods for RatRide is a personalised seat cover, matt-black, of course, with bright red monogrammed RatRide across the seat. I will have to talk nicely to my girlfriends sister for that one. I do  have another seat (thanks Scooter HQ) which I will be getting recovered in black and red vinyl at some stage, but that has to take a back seat (he he, no pun intended) for the moment.

And I want to look at some un-powered water-proof speakers to attach to the panel underneath the handle-bars, which I can plug my iPod into. After frying my regulator with the driving lights, I think I will stick to low-powered accessories.Embarrassed Big Smile

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
  • 04-08-2008 04:01 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Scott:

Kuroneko:

RatRide would love this one Stick out tongue

Need to black the handle-bars and paint the wheels purple. When I get another scooter it will be matt-blacked as well, and the secondary theme will be purple. I really dig the leopard seat cover. Sweet!!! Cool Yes

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 04-08-2008 04:02 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

oh yeh, and matt silver all the chrome bits... he he

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 08-22-2008 09:56 PM In reply to

• marc2131
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Inner West, Sydney
    • Posts 109

Neko, Where did you get these grips from? Are they available on the web? I live in Sydney. The silver cap fell off my Mojito accelerator grip. Am expecting it to cost a arm and a leg if I go directly thru Aprilia - which i am not keen to do.

marc

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au